The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2018, 04:23:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119364 Posts in 5717 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  New board, new dawn, same rules
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New board, new dawn, same rules  (Read 6081 times)
Kolamba
« on: April 04, 2013, 04:53:16 am »

At the top of the board I've posted the rules we all signed up to. This is the relevant bit about general behaviour :

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise "

I don't think it's that hard to adhere to this and still have freedom of speech. The rules apply to everyone without favour and I accept that sometimes things are posted in the heat of the moment or when someone is in their cups that they regard as being intemperate later on.

Posts that break the rules will be deleted, but action will not be taken against any poster unless they are being complete arses about it.

As a general rule - don't attack the mods for enforcing the rules and don't go bleating on on the open board about how everything is so unfair. If you have a specific issue about your treatment then PM me. Abuse of the mods or the admin will result in immediate termination of account, unless it's about SAFC.

Any account currently in limbo will be reinstated and everyone who used to post on here should feel very welcome to return. Everyone should be very clear that as far as I am concerned no-one has any history and everyone starts again. Bringing up old feuds from past incarnations of the board will not be tolerated, referring to a poster's previous positions real or imagined will result in the post being edited or deleted.  I hope that old friendships will ll be intact though. To help us in this all posts from the old board have been deleted apart from a handful in the Classics folder and in the Gallery. Please do not do a 'well some years ago you said that' because innocuous though that is it's bringing up history and will get deleted.

I want this to be a place where debate is lively but not abusive, robust but not abusive. Lets give it a whirl and see how far we can get to resurrect the board.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:26:19 am by Kolamba » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: