The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2018, 04:23:06 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119364 Posts in 5717 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Well well well........
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Well well well........  (Read 153 times)
Mr Angry

« on: July 09, 2018, 10:18:20 am »

Who's next then? The unalterable sovereign will of the people is the May must be PM in perpetuity, so someone else must go.  It has to be Gove, surely?  This can't be a bandwagon he can watch pass by.

Don't believe everything you think.
Red Herring

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:02:19 am »

Who's next then? The unalterable sovereign will of the people is the May must be PM in perpetuity, so someone else must go.  It has to be Gove, surely?  This can't be a bandwagon he can watch pass by.

Now that Johnson has left, Gove is being toted for Foreign Secretary. He also seems to have hitched his wagon to May's Brexit so I'd be surprised if he went.

Liam Fox maybe?

What a shit show. If we screw up leaving this badly, God hels us when we're really on our own. It's beyond farcical.

Red
Mr Angry

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:37:14 am »

Yes, but May is clearly doomed.  Gove, with his proven track record in loyalty and self-sacrifice, going down with her as the band plays on? The poor man would have to go out and get some integrity from somewhere, and there's piss all of that kicking about right now.

Fox is, of course, a pedigree shit so not a bad shout.

Red Herring

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 04:12:58 am »

Yes, but May is clearly doomed.  Gove, with his proven track record in loyalty and self-sacrifice, going down with her as the band plays on? The poor man would have to go out and get some integrity from somewhere, and there's piss all of that kicking about right now.

The Tories are in a fix though, because May is about the only leader that both sides of the party will be able to stomach.

The old phobe/phile schism is rupturing the party yet again.

Red
Myky D

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:29:38 am »

I am running out of wank socks, please send help.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 06:45:02 am »

Strong and stable.

An epic tory fuck up from the very beginning.

The hardcore tory brexitards want a hard brexit, then they can embark on some neo thatcherism.

Wave goodbye to the Nhs, workers rights and heavy industry.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Myky D

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 07:21:17 am »

Mr Fantastic will be crying again.
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 05:50:14 pm »

Far be it from me to spring to the defence of the government.

Can anyone clarify for me the position of Her Majesty's Opposition.

May got dealt a shit hand, and she might be fucking it up, but I'm yet to see any coherent policy from anyone else.

"If we don't say anything shit, we might sweep up".

Corbyn is absolutely the biggest turd in this fountain. He was shit, and I do mean shit in the referendum, the referendum was lost in Labour strongholds, and we've yet to hear a coherent sentence about how he'd go about maximising the result. Cameron and Osborne resigned for not delivering the result they campaigned for. Corbyn didn't.

Please don't let me get in the way of this shit show, but let's hear the alternatives, whilst abiding by the result of the referendum.

I can't wait.
Myky D

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 03:57:10 am »

None. No one has any idea whatsoever. The whole thing was fought on dreadful forrins vs I quite like forrins.

No one provided any facts because no one had looked at it.

So HMO has no idea, nor does HMG, and we're only just now starting to get an inkling of what it might entail. Once we've got the full facts, I would suggest a referendum of some sort be opened to the country, so that we can make an informed decision.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 05:38:29 am »

Far be it from me to spring to the defence of the government.

Can anyone clarify for me the position of Her Majesty's Opposition.

May got dealt a shit hand, and she might be fucking it up, but I'm yet to see any coherent policy from anyone else.

"If we don't say anything shit, we might sweep up".

Corbyn is absolutely the biggest turd in this fountain. He was shit, and I do mean shit in the referendum, the referendum was lost in Labour strongholds, and we've yet to hear a coherent sentence about how he'd go about maximising the result. Cameron and Osborne resigned for not delivering the result they campaigned for. Corbyn didn't.

Please don't let me get in the way of this shit show, but let's hear the alternatives, whilst abiding by the result of the referendum.

I can't wait.

How can an opposition have an alternative ? Its not in power.

It has a plan but its hardly in any postion to implement it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 05:51:18 am by ymrader » Logged

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 05:53:03 am »

None. No one has any idea whatsoever. The whole thing was fought on dreadful forrins vs I quite like forrins.

No one provided any facts because no one had looked at it.

So HMO has no idea, nor does HMG, and we're only just now starting to get an inkling of what it might entail. Once we've got the full facts, I would suggest a referendum of some sort be opened to the country, so that we can make an informed decision.

What happened to brexit means brexit ?

You cant be squirming out of your vote now the options look a bit shit.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Mr Angry

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 09:35:57 am »

HMO are indeed a shambles and should be utterly ashamed of their inability to bring a chaotic govt. to account.  It is appalling.  We have no functioning government right now, just a bunch of careerists on all sides looking to their own futures, beholden to a decision by a wafer-thin majority of missinformed people two years ago, a decision which, unlike every election in history, is held to be permanent and unalterable in perpetuity.

We are fucked.

Myky D

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 11:46:07 am »

What happened to brexit means brexit ?

You cant be squirming out of your vote now the options look a bit shit.

There’s a significant case to declare the first result void - Vote Leave broke electoral law, and absolutely no one  had any idea what it would entail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: