The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 11:43:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119302 Posts in 5709 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Why "Nothing to hide; nothing to fear" mentality is dangerous nonsense
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why "Nothing to hide; nothing to fear" mentality is dangerous nonsense  (Read 64 times)
Myky D

« on: June 27, 2018, 09:52:22 am »

You too, Germany.

https://robindoherty.com/2016/01/06/nothing-to-hide.html
ben wedge

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 03:50:03 pm »

Still in panic mode then?

You want to be free to associate with terrorists without the authorities taking an interest for example?

Lone Ranger
Myky D

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 07:52:41 am »

Argue the case for an individual's right to privacy, Ben. You have singularly avoided doing this to date.

Once you have done so, demonstrating your understanding of it, we can move forwards.
ben wedge

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 01:52:07 pm »

Argue the case for an individual's right to privacy, Ben. You have singularly avoided doing this to date.

Once you have done so, demonstrating your understanding of it, we can move forwards.

Why, I am a realist. YOU are the one arguing that you should have a right to privacy - it is up to YOU to argue your case for it

I would ask you to consider the implications of granting total privacy to everyone....you will then realise why it never has and never will happen

Frankly the surveillance by private businesses is more annoying than any government surveillance to me. That has no discernible  effect on my life....then again I have 'nothing to hide' animated laugh

Lone Ranger
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 02:31:23 pm »

I quite like my private life  Cool

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Myky D

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 02:38:36 pm »

Why, I am a realist. YOU are the one arguing that you should have a right to privacy - it is up to YOU to argue your case for it

I would ask you to consider the implications of granting total privacy to everyone....you will then realise why it never has and never will happen

Frankly the surveillance by private businesses is more annoying than any government surveillance to me. That has no discernible  effect on my life....then again I have 'nothing to hide' animated laugh

The sound of a broken man. How embarrassing.
ben wedge

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 04:45:22 pm »

The sound of a broken man. How embarrassing.

Define exactly what you object to.....try to be a tad more specific rather than just twittering about those non existent MI5 cameras in your toilet

Lone Ranger
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: