The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2018, 04:22:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119364 Posts in 5717 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Off for a staycation.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Off for a staycation.  (Read 207 times)
vladimir

« on: May 09, 2018, 01:29:19 pm »

Taking the next 6 days off.  The3 wife is going back to California for her mum's 80th.  I was supposed to go with her but sometimes life throws you a curve, so I have the time off from work but I'm staying here.

Just by dumb luck I've got 5 gallons of Hefeweizen that's now ready for consumption and a couple of guitar riffs I've been meaning to record.  I'm pretty happy with how things turned out actually

( ?° ?? ?°)
Rasta

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 02:24:57 pm »

5 gallons of Hefeweizen.

What have you got planned for days 2-6?

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 03:04:28 am »

Mr Rosie loves stayvacations, Vlad. He always says he is much happier in our own back garden with a bottle of beer than in any of the lovely places I want to go to.

I have given up trying to get him to travel abroad and always go alone now, but I will not stop insisting on our breaks in Holland, it is give and take in a relationship after all.  He says his gut shrinks when he hears me start about hotels I have seen, and when I recently bought hotel vouchers, I could hear him cursing under his breath as I paid the cashier.  Grin

We are going to Wijk bij Duurstede  in July, which looks fabulous. A little boutique hotel in the old centre of town.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 06:41:29 am »

The frau always wants to go somewhere which is bizarre as she is away so much  Huh?

Defo planning a road trip to Spain this year though.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
vladimir

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 09:00:18 am »

Well, I'm back.  Turns out 5 gallons isn't all that much beer after all.  I had to go back to the store for more beer twice.  Got in a lot of guitaring (those who are on facebook may have witnessed my drunken rendition of "Rio" by Duran Duran.) Lots of video games.  Took my son and a couple of his friends to a thing called MassVr (you put on virtual reality glasses, strap a computer in a backpack to your back and run around shooting virtual lasers at each other.  It's in  a huge warehouse but with the virtual reality goggles it looks like you're in  a space station.)

I had a far better time I think than any traveling I've ever done.  I don't get what the wife is on about with all this 'let's go see these other places!'  I think women just don't have the proper appreciation for beer, guitars and video games

( ?° ?? ?°)
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 10:05:12 am »

Well, I'm back.  Turns out 5 gallons isn't all that much beer after all.  I had to go back to the store for more beer twice.  Got in a lot of guitaring (those who are on facebook may have witnessed my drunken rendition of "Rio" by Duran Duran.) Lots of video games.  Took my son and a couple of his friends to a thing called MassVr (you put on virtual reality glasses, strap a computer in a backpack to your back and run around shooting virtual lasers at each other.  It's in  a huge warehouse but with the virtual reality goggles it looks like you're in  a space station.)

I had a far better time I think than any traveling I've ever done.  I don't get what the wife is on about with all this 'let's go see these other places!'  I think women just don't have the proper appreciation for beer, guitars and video games

The frau wants to go to the coast, a 5 hour drive.

We live beside a lake ffs, it takes longer for her to take her kit off than to walk to it  Grin

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Myky D

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 06:18:04 am »

I think women just don't have the proper appreciation for beer, guitars and video games

I think you've just solved everything, except possibly Trump's hair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: