The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2018, 07:06:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118783 Posts in 5674 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Sick kid in ingerland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sick kid in ingerland  (Read 129 times)
ymrader
Administrator

« on: April 25, 2018, 12:59:48 pm »

So there is this poorly child, the parents want his care continued. The nhs says no. Fair enough, its the law and nhs viewpoint.

The kid can be treated elsewhere, the pope dude is involved.

The law courts say he cant travel. Dont agree with this at all.

Surely the british courts and law end at their decision, alternatives must be irrelevant.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 06:36:33 pm »

Point is moot.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Rasta

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 11:02:25 am »

animated laugh

Cry

Angry

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
Riotgrrl

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 10:11:56 am »

So there is this poorly child, the parents want his care continued. The nhs says no. Fair enough, its the law and nhs viewpoint.

The kid can be treated elsewhere, the pope dude is involved.

The law courts say he cant travel. Dont agree with this at all.

Surely the british courts and law end at their decision, alternatives must be irrelevant.

Was this Alfie?

He was not going to be 'treated elsewhere', he was simpy being taken elsewhere to die in a different way.  Some childrens hospital in Italy, at a cost of tens of thousands of money, was going to slit his throat so he could breathe through the hole and get one of the (many) tubes in him removed. 

The NHS in England wanted to remove all his tubes - which is what happened in the end.

The Pope is an evil bastard who wanted to keep this braindead child breathing, like some kind of body transplant (the child had no remaining brain.)

So that's why you're wrong.

Hi by the way . . . I was out with Red Herring this week and thought I should check in to tell you all why you're wrong about things.
vanceen

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:19 pm »

Surely the question is not "what was the best course of action?", but "who should have the final say?".

The UK government prevented the parents from doing what they thought was best even though it presented no additional cost to the NHS, and there is no reason think that the alternative would have caused significant additional suffering to the child.

I'm not ready to see that right taken away from parents unless there is an overpowering argument that their decision would cause harm, or if their choice would be so expensive that it would deprive other people of needed medical resources without doing any good.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 03:12:54 pm »

Surely the question is not "what was the best course of action?", but "who should have the final say?".

The UK government prevented the parents from doing what they thought was best even though it presented no additional cost to the NHS, and there is no reason think that the alternative would have caused significant additional suffering to the child.

I'm not ready to see that right taken away from parents unless there is an overpowering argument that their decision would cause harm, or if their choice would be so expensive that it would deprive other people of needed medical resources without doing any good.

Sort of my point..

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 03:14:27 pm »

Was this Alfie?

He was not going to be 'treated elsewhere', he was simpy being taken elsewhere to die in a different way.  Some childrens hospital in Italy, at a cost of tens of thousands of money, was going to slit his throat so he could breathe through the hole and get one of the (many) tubes in him removed. 

The NHS in England wanted to remove all his tubes - which is what happened in the end.

The Pope is an evil bastard who wanted to keep this braindead child breathing, like some kind of body transplant (the child had no remaining brain.)

So that's why you're wrong.

Hi by the way . . . I was out with Red Herring this week and thought I should check in to tell you all why you're wrong about things.

So who's decision should that be ? Parent ? Law ? Nhs ?

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 05:48:29 pm »

So who's decision should that be ? Parent ? Law ? Nhs ?

Baby Jesus

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: