The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2018, 07:11:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118783 Posts in 5674 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Gift dilemma
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gift dilemma  (Read 214 times)
Mr Angry

« on: April 14, 2018, 06:10:54 am »

Righto, agony aunts and uncles, solve a problem for me.
My wife's sister sent me a belated birthday present today.  It's some quite expensive, heavily perfumed shampoo of an obviously feminine ilk.  Now I am slightly bald, and the remaining hair is cropped with clippers to a number 2 stubble.
I suspect she has sent me someone else's present and one of her girlfriends has got my Porsche, but obviously cannot call her and suggest this in case she really thinks my "hair" would benefit from extra bounce and lustre, and that indeed I would relish going into my overwhelmingly masculine workplace smelling like Barbare Cartland's handbag. 
I have to call and thank her somehow, anyone suggest how I sound sincere?

Don't believe everything you think.
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 10:02:36 pm »

It goes something like this....

"Thanks for my shampoo, you know I have a shaved head, so there's one of three things that have happened here...

1. You sent me the wrong the gift by mistake.
2. You were taking the piss.
3. It's a pubic shampoo and you weren't to know that the shaving didn't stop 'upstairs'*.

If you answer anything other than '1' then you need to know at the absolute next opportunity to buy you a gift, I'll take over from the wife who usually does the female gift buying, and you'll be getting a butt-plug, and it won't be one of those small 'cute' ones that have a tail. And I won't be stretching (that's ironic) for lube either.

Either way sort it out, and buy me a Scalextric forthwith"

No need to thank me. I share the gift of wisdom freely.

*You say this to your wife's sister, because the very notion of describing the state of your nether regions to her will be so awkward, it will immediately put her on the back foot and have her foundering like a kitten in a sack full of rocks recently thrown overboard. The Scalextric is as good as yours, you can basically name your price.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:27:18 pm by TGK » Logged
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:38:08 am »

Sublime. I thought me pants would never dry.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
vladimir

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:05:50 am »

Personally, I'd  ask your wife to call her sister and ask (as if you had nothing to do with the prompt) "Did you intentionally get my predominately bald husband shampoo as a birthday gift?" allowing your sister-in-law the opportunity to say, "Oops!  That was meant for my friend who possesses a full head of hair" or alternatively, "Yes.  I hate your husband but I thought this was subtle enough to be upsetting and confusing all at the same time."

More importantly, because it is your wife simply asking her own sister for confirmation, it doesn't look like you being ungrateful.   

A wise man said, "You can't step in the same stream twice," but I find wet feet soon get caked with sand and grit.  That's very unpleasant, especially between the toes.  So when I go for a stroll I stay on the sidewalk.
Mr Angry

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 04:24:28 am »

OK, so I've been the victim of a bet, not sure if I should be flattered or not.  Sister in law out with her friend (who doesn't know me) looking for b'day prezzy for me.  SiL telling friend how I am the most gentlemanly gentleman she knows, polite, mannered etc. etc.  Friend says bollocks, nobody's that nice, buy him this wildly inappropriate fancy shampoo and see what he says.  Friend bets I'll come back with WTF is this all about, SiL reckons I'll say thanks, it's lovely.
So I called her, said I found the gift slightly odd, but tried it and am delighted with the results, my stubble is lovely and soft and shiny and smells slightly of cucumbers in a very not offensive way (this is all, surprisingly, trueish) and well done her for taking the path less travelled.
Test passed, bet won, proceeds on their way to me in the shape of something more appropriate, I am told. 
So who wants this butt plug Gordo told me to buy for her?

vladimir

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 09:17:51 am »

Well done then.... I guess

A wise man said, "You can't step in the same stream twice," but I find wet feet soon get caked with sand and grit.  That's very unpleasant, especially between the toes.  So when I go for a stroll I stay on the sidewalk.
TGK

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 07:16:06 pm »

OK, so I've been the victim of a bet, not sure if I should be flattered or not.  Sister in law out with her friend (who doesn't know me) looking for b'day prezzy for me.  SiL telling friend how I am the most gentlemanly gentleman she knows, polite, mannered etc. etc.  Friend says bollocks, nobody's that nice, buy him this wildly inappropriate fancy shampoo and see what he says.  Friend bets I'll come back with WTF is this all about, SiL reckons I'll say thanks, it's lovely.
So I called her, said I found the gift slightly odd, but tried it and am delighted with the results, my stubble is lovely and soft and shiny and smells slightly of cucumbers in a very not offensive way (this is all, surprisingly, trueish) and well done her for taking the path less travelled.
Test passed, bet won, proceeds on their way to me in the shape of something more appropriate, I am told. 

I'm not sure I appreciate her ruse. Send her the anal toy. That'll learn her. She's basically taking liberties with your good nature.
Mr Angry

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 02:27:19 am »

I'm not sure I appreciate her ruse. Send her the anal toy. That'll learn her. She's basically taking liberties with your good nature.
Unfortunately my innate goodness compels me to assume the air of a man pleased at her assumption rather than one offended at her experimentation.  Not to mention the requirement to remain on good terms with Mrs Angry, who is vety close to her sister and exceedingly tolerant of her oddities, which are many.
Might see if the charity shop accepts unused rectal accessories.

TGK

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 01:52:55 am »

Unfortunately my innate goodness compels me to assume the air of a man pleased at her assumption rather than one offended at her experimentation.  Not to mention the requirement to remain on good terms with Mrs Angry, who is vety close to her sister and exceedingly tolerant of her oddities, which are many.
Might see if the charity shop accepts unused rectal accessories.

You sir, are a saint.
Red Herring

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 05:04:23 am »

Hang on a minute - who won the bet? Seems to me it could be either the SiL or SiL's friend.

Your response to the SiL was a perfect blend of it's lovely and WTF.

Red
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 12:51:12 pm »

Spot on.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: