The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 11:56:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118605 Posts in 5655 Topics by 87 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Alrightythen.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alrightythen.  (Read 197 times)
AnnieOakley
Administrator

« on: March 28, 2018, 01:20:47 pm »

Wazza rumors?  What have I missed?

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 01:30:58 pm »

There's a rumour I'll be in London in September  Cheesy

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
vladimir

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 01:49:45 pm »

Me too

A wise man said, "You can't step in the same stream twice," but I find wet feet soon get caked with sand and grit.  That's very unpleasant, especially between the toes.  So when I go for a stroll I stay on the sidewalk.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 02:13:49 pm »

I might be, depending on dates.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 04:14:43 am »

Wazza rumors?  What have I missed?

Basically the Russians seem to have been playing up, and a few of us might be in London in September.

Hopefully the two are unrelated, but there has been criticism of Putin on these pages.

Just saying.
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 04:50:12 am »

Hey! Putin is an important American.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
vladimir

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 08:10:37 am »

I'm landing in London on Tuesday, the 18th of September.  I'm staying until Tuesday the 25th.  I have no plans set in stone as of yet.  I'm open for getting together on any day (or evening) that week.  I'm assuming Friday or Saturday would be most convenient?

A wise man said, "You can't step in the same stream twice," but I find wet feet soon get caked with sand and grit.  That's very unpleasant, especially between the toes.  So when I go for a stroll I stay on the sidewalk.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 08:17:31 am »

I'm landing in London on Tuesday, the 18th of September.  I'm staying until Tuesday the 25th.  I have no plans set in stone as of yet.  I'm open for getting together on any day (or evening) that week.  I'm assuming Friday or Saturday would be most convenient?

Yeah I will pop over..

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 09:37:25 am »

Friday or before would suit me. I have to sych with getting to Holland the next morning on the Harwich ferry. After Friday is probably out for me.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
vladimir

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 09:49:00 am »

Friday or before would suit me. I have to sych with getting to Holland the next morning on the Harwich ferry. After Friday is probably out for me.

I'm open for anything.  How does everyone feel about sticking a pin in Friday the 21st?

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 01:58:01 pm »

I'm open for anything.  How does everyone feel about sticking a pin in Friday the 21st?

I've checked with my daughter -- who lives in Holland -- and the Friday won't work for me. Or the Thursday. Which leaves only Wednesday 19th. (I dare you'll be too tired on the Tuesday you arrive.)

Such is life.

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 04:17:54 pm »

I've checked with my daughter -- who lives in Holland -- and the Friday won't work for me. Or the Thursday. Which leaves only Wednesday 19th. (I dare you'll be too tired on the Tuesday you arrive.)

Such is life.

^Rubbish

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 03:29:37 am »

Not me: my daughter is pregnant and I ain't going anywhere till the baby is here.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 03:43:33 am »

^Rubbish

WTF do you mean, Roker?

vladimir

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 09:14:05 am »

Well I'm not pregnant.  I'm up for having drinks BOTH days

Red Herring

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 01:12:55 pm »

Not me: my daughter is pregnant and I ain't going anywhere till the baby is here.

It should be the other way round Rosie!

Your daughter is pregnant, this is your last chance to get away before grandma duties!

Red
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 02:33:23 pm »

Your daughter is pregnant, this is your last chance to get away before grandma duties!

Red

Hear here!

Dutch Rosie

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 04:08:29 pm »

Red

I;ll think about it. But I've had to wait so long for this grandchild ...

Imagine if she went into labour early and was screaming for her mummy and had to be told I was swilling shandies in the UK?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:19:15 am by Dutch Rosie » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: