The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2018, 06:45:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119326 Posts in 5710 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Laughing at farts...
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you find farts funny?  (Voting closed: April 16, 2018, 06:07:31 am)
Yes - 1 (33.3%)
No - 0 (0%)
Sometimes - 1 (33.3%)
Mostly - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Laughing at farts...  (Read 561 times)
Snotty

Science Fiction rules,you know it makes sense

« on: March 19, 2018, 06:07:31 am »

I think it’s natural to find farts funny,at least sometimes.

My missus says I should grow up because they are NEVER funny.

Got news for ya love,THEY ARE animated laugh

Vote now.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:12:51 am by Snotty » Logged

drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:19:00 am »

Pull my finger.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:23:11 am »

Call me childish but I even laughed at the thread title, which is basically laughing at laughing at farts.

If anyone laughs at this, then that'll be someone laughing, at someone laughing, at someone laughing at farts.

That being said, cat farts are not funny, and are probably the basis of Russian nerve agent research.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:28:04 am by TGK » Logged
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 11:39:30 am »

Call me childish but I even laughed at the thread title, which is basically laughing at laughing at farts.

If anyone laughs at this, then that'll be someone laughing, at someone laughing, at someone laughing at farts.

That being said, cat farts are not funny, and are probably the basis of Russian nerve agent research.

I think not, TGK. That would be Labrador farts and/or breath. Even their fellow mutts don't laugh -- they scratch at the door and stay in the garden for a long time. God knows what the situation is with Ym's beasts.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 11:43:49 am »

I think not, TGK. That would be Labrador farts and/or breath. Even their fellow mutts don't laugh -- they scratch at the door and stay in the garden for a long time. God knows what the situation is with Ym's beasts.

Dog farts (and due apologies to the previous poster who had that monicker) are bad, but cat farts are way way worse. They basically have a chemical weapons facility for a digestive system.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:35:23 am »

The hounds are fed a combination of raw and home made food.

No bad breath or farts  Cool

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
vladimir

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 08:23:00 am »

I think it’s natural to find farts funny,at least sometimes.

My missus says I should grow up because they are NEVER funny.

Got news for ya love,THEY ARE animated laugh

Vote now.

Everything in moderation.  A well placed fart at a fancy dinner is pretty damned funny.  Two and a half hours of overweight relatives stinking up an all you can eat rib joint can get old. 

Real old. 

Believe me.

( ?° ?? ?°)
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 09:46:51 am »

Everything in moderation.  A well placed fart at a fancy dinner is pretty damned funny.  Two and a half hours of overweight relatives stinking up an all you can eat rib joint can get old. 

Real old. 

Believe me.

My old man farts incessantly.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
drippinhun

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 12:14:26 pm »

My old man farts incessantly.

Hey, I'm old and also fart a lot. However, it has nothing to do with banging my family members.
(I think I might have read this wrong)

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 12:34:57 pm »

I'm old and fart a lot as well. Mostly when I've made a particularly good chilli. Last week I started using the pressure cooker someone who said she couldn't use it gave me, and made cassoulet. Delicious, but windy. (I couldn't get the duck legs, and left out the fat, carrot, & clove, but still delicious.)

Next project is cassoulet chilli. When the air has cleared.

See LINK.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2018, 07:08:03 am »

Farts can be hilarious. I was once on a ferry crossing to the UK, with my toddler and my husband. We sat in a small enclosed sitting space and my husband went for a walk round. He came back, farted silently and stank out the whole room. Then he shouted indignantly, "God it absolutely stinks here, I'm not staying around a prize farter" and left the room. I went into hysterical laughter, which made everyone think I was the farter, which made me laugh even more hysterically.
drippinhun

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 06:34:45 pm »

I work in a library and one day was leaving my office. Next to my door there was a young woman sitting at a reading table and I accidentally let a rip-roaring fart go. I started apologizing profusely. She just smiled and said, "That's okay. I have three brothers."

Dutch Rosie

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 03:17:24 am »

I'm old and fart a lot as well. Mostly when I've made a particularly good chilli. Last week I started using the pressure cooker someone who said she couldn't use it gave me, and made cassoulet. Delicious, but windy. (I couldn't get the duck legs, and left out the fat, carrot, & clove, but still delicious.)

Next project is cassoulet chilli. When the air has cleared.

See LINK.

There is one kind of dried bean that doesn't cause farts, and that is black beans. Tried and tested, and they are delicious too.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 04:32:55 am »

There is one kind of dried bean that doesn't cause farts, and that is black beans. Tried and tested, and they are delicious too.

I like black beans. Wasn't aware of their windless property.

drippinhun

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 06:48:33 am »

I eat a large black bean mixture everyday at work. Must be the added cooked bell peppers, onions and tomatoes that give me such hearty wind power.

Dutch Rosie

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2018, 09:53:38 am »

I eat a large black bean mixture everyday at work. Must be the added cooked bell peppers, onions and tomatoes that give me such hearty wind power.

Onions, definitely. Ever had onion soup? Tastes great but god, does one suffer for days afterwards.
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 09:55:54 am »

I work in a library and one day was leaving my office. Next to my door there was a young woman sitting at a reading table and I accidentally let a rip-roaring fart go. I started apologizing profusely. She just smiled and said, "That's okay. I have three brothers."

Accidentally? Not really, since women don't do that.  animated laugh
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 11:59:56 am »

I'll be making Cassoulet tomorrow, with at least five kinds of beans (including black). You can't say you weren't warned.

Two weeks time I'll be in Belgium, only a couple of km from the French border. French supermarkets have huge cans of Cassoulet, far better than anything I can make here. I'll be loading the van up with as many cans as I can carry, leaving room for the other food items and cheap Belgian beer, which is probably the world's finest.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:04:07 pm by Weyland » Logged

drippinhun

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 05:37:24 pm »

Accidentally? Not really, since women don't do that.  animated laugh

No, really. That one just creeped out of me. It shocked me. Usually when I let go, it intentional for a relief factor (or in rare cases -  targeted)

Dutch Rosie

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 03:19:34 am »

No, really. That one just creeped out of me. It shocked me. Usually when I let go, it intentional for a relief factor (or in rare cases -  targeted)

Admittedly, silent farts can just creep out of us all (and are often the most lethal) but blasting farts are male territory. A woman I know was taking medicine that made her fart like crazy, and her husband blew up one day and reproached her. When I told my partner about this, he said he would feel the same way, it just isn't "ladylike" for a woman to fart like a man. Hmm, after 10 years with me, he should know that not all what I claim to be "cat farts"  really are that. Cheesy
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2018, 06:43:06 am »

Admittedly, silent farts can just creep out of us all (and are often the most lethal) but blasting farts are male territory. A woman I know was taking medicine that made her fart like crazy, and her husband blew up one day and reproached her. When I told my partner about this, he said he would feel the same way, it just isn't "ladylike" for a woman to fart like a man. Hmm, after 10 years with me, he should know that not all what I claim to be "cat farts"  really are that. Cheesy

What's "cat fart" in Dutch?

Dutch Rosie

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2018, 09:14:45 am »

Katten scheten. They are usually silent but lethal.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: