The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2018, 11:52:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118605 Posts in 5655 Topics by 87 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Why are skandi countries so happy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Why are skandi countries so happy?  (Read 178 times)
ymrader
Administrator

« on: March 15, 2018, 11:19:15 am »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-43414145

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 11:28:13 am »

Have to be honest. These things piss me off.

Who feels 'happy' from the get go? It's not a normal state of mind.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that make me happy, but if I already felt happy beforehand, the things that currently make me happy would be just 'meh'. It would suck the joy out of the world.

And how miserable would that be?
Red Herring

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:45:58 am »

Probably a cultural thing - they're more likely to say they're happy for whatever reason.

I'm surprised the UK came out as high as it did considering we like moaning so much.

Red

TGK

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:49:13 am »

Probably a cultural thing - they're more likely to say they're happy for whatever reason.

I'm surprised the UK came out as high as it did considering we like moaning so much.

Red

Moaning is one of the things I'd include in the 'things that make me happy' list.
Red Herring

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:52:41 am »

Moaning is one of the things I'd include in the 'things that make me happy' list.

Well there you go.

Guy comes up with a clipboard, and asks you if you're happy. You say 'no I'm not , I'm fucking miserable, piss off.'

He fills out his clipboard and walks away leaving you on cloud nine. Just by doing that survey they have probably made Britain a happier place than anywhere on earth.

It's a crap methodology. Who do I complain to?

Red

TGK

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 11:56:25 am »

Well there you go.

Guy comes up with a clipboard, and asks you if you're happy. You say 'no I'm not , I'm fucking miserable, piss off.'

He fills out his clipboard and walks away leaving you on cloud nine. Just by doing that survey they have probably made Britain a happier place than anywhere on earth.

It's a crap methodology. Who do I complain to?

Red

Yup. Telling people with a clipboard to fuck off is definitely on the happy list.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 12:05:07 pm »

On a point of order, if you're doing it right it's not 'moaning' -- it's 'whingeing'.

Stand at ease. Carry on whingeing.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
TGK

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 12:07:11 pm »

On a point of order, if you're doing it right it's not 'moaning' -- it's 'whingeing'.

Stand at ease. Carry on whingeing.

Yeah but 'whingeing' is one of those words, that even though you've spelt (spelled - there's a sub-topic) it right, it looks like you haven't.

Not going near it mate.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 12:11:21 pm »

Yeah but 'whingeing' is one of those words, that even though you've spelt (spelled - there's a sub-topic) it right, it looks like you haven't.

Not going near it mate.

Typical whinge, right there.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
TGK

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 12:14:06 pm »

Typical whinge, right there.

See...now the verb 'whinge' looks okay, but the infinitive looks horrible, and I'll have no brook with it you evil man.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 12:29:15 pm »

See...now the verb 'whinge' looks okay, but the infinitive looks horrible, and I'll have no brook with it you evil man.

Yer banned.

1. I used it as a noun.

2. 'Whingeing' is a participle.

TGK

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 12:43:24 pm »

Yer banned.

1. I used it as a noun.

2. 'Whingeing' is a participle.

'I' before 'E' except after 'C'. Hawking's been dead one day and you're messing with the laws of the universe. Have some fucking respect.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 01:01:00 pm »

NURSE! He's escaped again!

TGK

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2018, 06:21:45 am »

http://www.dayofhappiness.net/#join

Words fail me.
Red Herring

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 02:13:24 pm »

Yuck. I've always been quite happy with Women's day on the basis that logically, the rest of the days belong to men. Let women have their day, we'll take the rest.

Not so sure about this though. Call me greedy, but I would prefer a world unhappiness day when we're all happy for 364 days of the year and sad for one. In a leap year we would get an extra day of happiness and could all jump for joy.

Red
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: