The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2018, 06:43:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119326 Posts in 5710 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  US Gun Control
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: US Gun Control  (Read 968 times)
Red Herring

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 09:40:22 am »

Germany and France are pretty tooled up, Switzerland definitely. I would think eastern Europeans are too.

They have loads of guns in Crete - the signposts are full of bullet holes.

Red
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2018, 09:46:30 am »

They have loads of guns in Crete - the signposts are full of bullet holes.

Red

I've been told by locals that everyone in this village -- in the Welsh sticks -- has a shotgun. Except me -- I only have an air rifle. But I do have a lot of ammunition.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Red Herring

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2018, 10:09:02 am »

I've been told by locals that everyone in this village -- in the Welsh sticks -- has a shotgun. Except me -- I only have an air rifle. But I do have a lot of ammunition.

I've been told that it's legal to shoot a Welshman with a bow and arrow - if you see him crossing the border into England. It's on my bucket list.

Red
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2018, 10:29:05 am »

I've been told that it's legal to shoot a Welshman with a bow and arrow - if you see him crossing the border into England. It's on my bucket list.

Red

That'll be why they're all armed here. I can see the Border from my yard.

Luckily my papers are in order, otherwise I wouldn't be able to cycle to the excellent boozer on the other side.
Not on the pavement, of course. (In any case most of the roads around here don't have pavements.)

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2018, 10:50:04 am »

Red

Think that might just be in Chester. Could be wrong.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2018, 11:20:06 am »

Think that might just be in Chester. Could be wrong.

Wouldn't be surprised. Shrewsbury and Hereford have similar by-laws. Allegedly.

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2018, 11:21:51 am »

Red

My brother in law is Welsh and lives in Croydon

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Red Herring

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 11:30:38 am »

Wouldn't be surprised. Shrewsbury and Hereford have similar by-laws. Allegedly.

Maybe Salisbury has a similar by-law that you can kill a Russian but only if you use nerve gas.

It would explain a lot.

Red
TGK

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 11:32:17 am »

Maybe Salisbury has a similar by-law that you can kill a Russian but only if you use nerve gas.

It would explain a lot.

Red

Or not kill a Russian in the least obvious way possible.
Red Herring

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 12:58:26 pm »

Or not kill a Russian in the least obvious way possible.

Huh?

That makes no sense.

Try again.

Red
TGK

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2018, 11:09:04 am »

Huh?

That makes no sense.

Try again.

Red

Well. When I said 'least' I meant the opposite. How can you possibly not know what I'm thinking regardless of whether or not I type it?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:18:27 am by TGK » Logged
Red Herring

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2018, 12:25:10 pm »

Well. When I said 'least' I meant the opposite. How can you possibly not know what I'm thinking regardless of whether or not I type it?

Not your fault, bye laws are tricky like that.

Maybe Theresa May should just declare it open season on Russians, easier to understand, and will save us a lot of hassle with investigations and international incidents.

Red
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2018, 06:36:01 pm »

It will take the majority of American citizens to insist on action, and I don't think that is going to happen any time soon, when "freedom to bear arms" is set in stone.

The majority of American citizens polled want action. First we have to have a true democracy instead of a plutocracy for what we insist to have any meaning.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2018, 04:09:00 am »

The majority of American citizens polled want action. First we have to have a true democracy instead of a plutocracy for what we insist to have any meaning.

Welcome back, Dripp! We thought a hurricane had got you.

drippinhun

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2018, 04:18:23 am »

Welcome back, Dripp! We thought a hurricane had got you.
No, just life. It's been extremely interesting.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2018, 05:38:08 am »

No, just life. It's been extremely interesting.

Got a job at the White House?

drippinhun

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2018, 07:15:06 am »

Got a job at the White House?
I sometimes wish. All the craziness from the hurricane we travelled 160 miles to escape, and then it veered straight into where we went (this is the second time our plan of action has played out that way), to the four operations I've had, to the very recent (within the last month) announcement that my wife demands an open marriage when she had already interviewed five potential doms and now is spending two evenings each week as a submissive to a wealthy ex-con murderer who served seventeen years, "has a huge member" and excellent "control", hasn't loved me for fifteen years and only staying because of our disabled child. Outside of that, my life has been blessed.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2018, 08:14:53 am »

I sometimes wish. ...

Wow. I wish I had your strength.

drippinhun

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2018, 08:37:02 am »

Wow. I wish I had your strength.
 At first I was having a hard time handling it. Contemplating suicide. But now I realize it is a blessing. I'm regrouping. Funny thing - she use to yell at me all the time for being on the GWD. All I've been doing for the past 14 years is going to work then coming home and taking care of my child. Now she tells me I should start going to the GWD to have something else to do. Gotta love her.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 05:32:38 pm by drippinhun » Logged

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2018, 02:17:47 pm »

Fuck drip....

Welcome back and fuck her

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
drippinhun

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2018, 03:19:15 pm »

Fuck drip....

Welcome back and fuck her

Thanks, C.

Dutch Rosie

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2018, 03:26:54 pm »

Hi Drip. I'm reading a novel by Ian McEwan in which his protagonist is having a long rant about the state of the world:

"And foe-of-convenience, the United States, barely the hope of the world, guilty of torture, helpless before its sacred text conceived in an age of powdered wigs, a constitution as unchallengeable as the Koran. Its nervous population obese, fearful, tormented by inarticulate anger, contemptuous of governance, murdering sleep with every new handgun. "
drippinhun

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2018, 03:43:11 pm »

Hi Drip. I'm reading a novel by Ian McEwan in which his protagonist is having a long rant about the state of the world:

"And foe-of-convenience, the United States, barely the hope of the world, guilty of torture, helpless before its sacred text conceived in an age of powdered wigs, a constitution as unchallengeable as the Koran. Its nervous population obese, fearful, tormented by inarticulate anger, contemptuous of governance, murdering sleep with every new handgun. "

We have had only four years in the long history of our country where we weren't engaged in some military conflict. We are war mongers.

BTW, I hear Britain is also having a problem with obesity.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2018, 04:50:22 pm »

We have had only four years in the long history of our country where we weren't engaged in some military conflict. We are war mongers.

BTW, I hear Britain is also having a problem with obesity.

True. I've lost 15kg since December. Another 10 to go. Just saying.

drippinhun

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2018, 05:34:07 pm »

True. I've lost 15kg since December. Another 10 to go. Just saying.

I'm also losing a little more weight - diabetes being what it is.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: