The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 04:56:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119360 Posts in 5716 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  The Winter Olympics....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Winter Olympics....  (Read 295 times)
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« on: February 25, 2018, 05:11:37 am »

Is ace.

We should sack off the Summer Olympics.

Or if we do have to have it, we should make them do it on ice but even quicker before the ice melts.

My personal favourite was the Boardercross and the the Skicross, if it's not rubbing, it's not racing.

Speed skating is mental too.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 05:29:19 am »

Is ace.

We should sack off the Summer Olympics.

Or if we do have to have it, we should make them do it on ice but even quicker before the ice melts.

My personal favourite was the Boardercross and the the Skicross, if it's not rubbing, it's not racing.

Speed skating is mental too.

I love the speed-skating. I can -- or could before the arthritis fairy interfered -- skate pretty well with hockey boots, but could never get the hang of the longer speed blades. Just couldn't take the bends right.

I was in NL, actually Friesland, when Sven Kramer -- a Friesman -- lost the 10,000m. Trust me, that's worse than the king dying. Talk about national mourning! Right, Rosie?

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
TGK

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 05:36:37 am »

I love the speed-skating. I can -- or could before the arthritis fairy interfered -- skate pretty well with hockey boots, but could never get the hang of the longer speed blades. Just couldn't take the bends right.

I was in NL, actually Friesland, when Sven Kramer -- a Friesman -- lost the 10,000m. Trust me, that's worse than the king dying. Talk about national mourning! Right, Rosie?

Don't feel bad, I've seen loads of people fall over, and they are in the Olympics. One race I saw was like Foinaven.
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 06:10:20 am »

Yeah, it's just too bad. Also too bad that he irritably threw the big medal-holder thing into the crowd at the Heineken house, putting several people into hospital.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:07:44 am by Dutch Rosie » Logged
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 10:10:55 am »

We are big fans of the biathlon and ski jumping, keeps us in sport while the footballers have a winter break.

The Germans should have romped the biathlon...

Winter sports are hyawge here

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
TGK

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:08:03 am »

We are big fans of the biathlon and ski jumping, keeps us in sport while the footballers have a winter break.

The Germans should have romped the biathlon...

Winter sports are hyawge here

What's weird is everyone I have spoken to has loved it, I mean really loved it, but aside from Ski Sunday all the sports will disappear here for the next four years.

Oddly, curling might get some air time in the interim.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 07:22:13 am »

What's weird is everyone I have spoken to has loved it, I mean really loved it, but aside from Ski Sunday all the sports will disappear here for the next four years.

Oddly, curling might get some air time in the interim.

I was talking about it the other night. Not many sports in the summer Olympics that can seriously fuck your shit up if you get it wrong.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: