The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 04:57:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119360 Posts in 5716 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Thanks Brexitards
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thanks Brexitards  (Read 486 times)
ymrader
Administrator

« on: February 07, 2018, 03:24:12 am »

Fearing a drain of capital, from the 7th March any pension funds transferred to another country's scheme from the UK will incur a 25% charge.

Cheers you've just wiped a quarter off my pension fund  Angry

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 03:57:01 am »

That's too bad, YM.

A bunch of Brits living and working in the Netherlands are taking their case to the European court because they are in danger of losing their EU citizenship and will be unable to travel throughout Europe as Brits after the Brexit.  I took the easy way and changed my nationality to Dutch.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 06:50:23 am »

That's too bad, YM.

A bunch of Brits living and working in the Netherlands are taking their case to the European court because they are in danger of losing their EU citizenship and will be unable to travel throughout Europe as Brits after the Brexit.  I took the easy way and changed my nationality to Dutch.

The wife is going to change her nationality as she works all over europe

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 05:15:02 am »

Fearing a drain of capital, from the 7th March any pension funds transferred to another country's scheme from the UK will incur a 25% charge.

Cheers you've just wiped a quarter off my pension fund  Angry

This 25% charge is levied by who, or whom (covering the bases)?
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 05:39:58 am »

Mrs YI and my two "kids", all UK-born, are now Dutch citizens. If I still lived there I would be as well. Obvious no-brainer. My antidote is an Irish passport, which I can get because my mother's father was Irish.

But Brexit hasn't happened yet, and there's still a chance it might never happen. The insane truth is still being concealed by the government, but many Brexit voters are beginning to realise that they're going to have to admit they did something unbelievably stupid, there's no pie in the sky, and demand another ref.

I can dream.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 05:45:08 am »

I would say Brexit is a bit like having sex with John Leslie, you can kick and scream as much as you like but it's pretty much going to happen anyway.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 10:12:01 am »

This 25% charge is levied by who, or whom (covering the bases)?

Hmrc

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 10:28:09 am »

I would say Brexit is a bit like having sex with John Leslie, you can kick and scream as much as you like but it's pretty much going to happen anyway.

Not so sure...

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
What Larks

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 02:52:54 am »

The insane truth is still being concealed by the government, but many Brexit voters are beginning to realise that they're going to have to admit they did something unbelievably stupid, there's no pie in the sky, and demand another ref.

I don't think there is any evidence that many Leave voters have changed their mind.  The last poll I saw suggested that there were some who wished they had voted differently but it was pretty marginal.  However there was a significant majority believing that we should none the less plough on with Brexit. As one staunch remainer was heard (R4 some time ago) to say, the British people have the right to wreck their country if they choose.  The problem of course is that they will also wreck it for the 48% who voted to stay.

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.”
― Dorothy Parker
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: