The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 19, 2018, 01:47:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118155 Posts in 5602 Topics by 87 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Happy New year!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Happy New year!  (Read 111 times)
ymrader
Administrator

« on: January 01, 2018, 06:37:05 am »

Bizarrely I have ended up with more wine then I started out with.

Which is a result.

Off to the meierei for some beer which is nice.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 07:59:21 am »

Bizarrely I have ended up with more wine then I started out with.

Which is a result.

Off to the meierei for some beer which is nice.

Yer barred.

Happy New Year to one and all ~~~~~~~~ Happy New Year to one and all ~~~~~~~~ Happy New Year to one and all ~~~~~~~~ Happy New Year to one and all ~~~~~~~~

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Dutch Rosie
Global Newbie

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:34:07 am »

Happy new year, even to those who are peeping through the keyhole/windows. Good health, prosperity and love.
Dutch Rosie
Global Newbie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 08:39:11 am »

My cats are recovering from a terrifying day and even worse night, full of fireworks, especially the "screaming kitchen maids" which are worse than the bangers.

Next year the threatened ban on bangers will probably be through and we will have peace. Last night a man was killed when an illegal firework went off to early and blew up his face.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 08:54:53 am »

My cats are recovering from a terrifying day and even worse night, full of fireworks, especially the "screaming kitchen maids" which are worse than the bangers.

Next year the threatened ban on bangers will probably be through and we will have peace. Last night a man was killed when an illegal firework went off to early and blew up his face.

There are usually plenty of fireworks around here at midnight, but this year there were hardly any. It's clearly the baleful influence of Brexit.  Cool

My son learned his fireworks lesson the hard way when he was about 13. Second degree burns. He was lucky. Never touched fireworks since.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 09:53:43 am »

Fireworks here are truly insane. Health n safety leaves Germany for one night.

Fortunately I have gundogs who don't give a shit.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 10:16:02 am »

Fireworks here are truly insane. Health n safety leaves Germany for one night.

Fortunately I have gundogs who don't give a shit.

But enough about your relatives . . . . .

Dutch Rosie
Global Newbie

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 10:33:07 am »

YM, my neighbour's pitbull was pathetic last night, barking his head off in panic.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 10:53:48 am »

YM, my neighbour's pitbull was pathetic last night, barking his head off in panic.

Poor pooch, our first used to be absolutely terrified,  we had to drug him up to the eyeballs.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 11:09:11 am »

Poor pooch, our first used to be absolutely terrified,  we had to drug him up to the eyeballs.

That's more than enough about Myky . . . . .

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 11:31:58 am »

That's more than enough about Myky . . . . .

We should drag the bell end back  Cheesy

Him and slacker...

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 11:35:32 am »

We should drag the bell end back  Cheesy

Him and slacker...

Concur. Does your lass still work in London sometimes? I'm sure she could get him sorted.

Dutch Rosie
Global Newbie

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 11:57:20 am »

It's so hard on animals.

The buggers have started again this evening, though it is now illegal to use fireworks.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2018, 12:34:34 pm »

Concur. Does your lass still work in London sometimes? I'm sure she could get him sorted.

Not anymore, she's off to Prague tomorrow. Anywhere but brexitland these days  Grin

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2018, 01:57:29 pm »

Not anymore, she's off to Prague tomorrow. Anywhere but brexitland these days  Grin

Hear, here! But I'm stuck with it.

Meanwhile, I'll be in the NE of NL from Jan 28 or so for three weeks. And Rosie lives in that region.

It's only a few hundred km from Potsdam. Get in the Maserati and let's have a Meet. I'll organise a B&B for you if you like. And it's your my round.

Just do it. (Bring a crate of Jever.)

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 02:48:36 pm »

Hear, here! But I'm stuck with it.

Meanwhile, I'll be in the NE of NL from Jan 28 or so for three weeks. And Rosie lives in that region.

It's only a few hundred km from Potsdam. Get in the Maserati and let's have a Meet. I'll organise a B&B for you if you like. And it's your my round.

Just do it. (Bring a crate of Jever.)

Would be a goer if I wasn't medically unfit to drive at the mo  Cry

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2018, 03:02:42 pm »

Would be a goer if I wasn't medically unfit to drive at the mo  Cry

Can't argue with that.

I make it only about a 6-hour drive from where I'll be to Potsdam. And I've never been in that part of D, including Berlin.

I was planning to buy a new bike in NL, on account of the better choice and value there, but I dare say D will do. Might even be cheaper. Has to be a step-through, on account of the arthritis. Nothing fancy.

Know what I'm saying?  Smiley

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2018, 11:43:06 pm »

Can't argue with that.

I make it only about a 6-hour drive from where I'll be to Potsdam. And I've never been in that part of D, including Berlin.

I was planning to buy a new bike in NL, on account of the better choice and value there, but I dare say D will do. Might even be cheaper. Has to be a step-through, on account of the arthritis. Nothing fancy.

Know what I'm saying?  Smiley

I do indeed, the question is do you go leccy?

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 04:38:47 am »

I do indeed, the question is do you go leccy?

No. I'm doing it to get/keep fit. Give it a few more years.

My son bought one a couple of years ago -- German, as it happens. He says it doesn't go fast enough for his requirements.

vladimir

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 09:38:18 am »

My mother in law sent me a case of wine as a Christmas gift.  As I loaded it on the wine rack I thought, "Wow!  This will last for ages!"

I've had the last week off of work.

There's 2 bottles left.

A wise man said, "You can't step in the same stream twice," but I find wet feet soon get caked with sand and grit.  That's very unpleasant, especially between the toes.  So when I go for a stroll I stay on the sidewalk.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2018, 09:49:02 am »

My mother in law sent me a case of wine as a Christmas gift.  As I loaded it on the wine rack I thought, "Wow!  This will last for ages!"

I've had the last week off of work.

There's 2 bottles left.

Bottles left?! Shameful. You're obviously not trying hard enough.

Rasta

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 02:43:58 pm »

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: