The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:41:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  This must be hard to beat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: This must be hard to beat  (Read 52 times)
ymrader
Administrator

« on: November 21, 2017, 07:44:59 am »

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-42064664

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Rasta

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:19:50 am »

We had a greeter at our local Walmart that was 95 when he finally died. His name was Tony. He was always joyful and full of smiles and happiness. It was always a pleasure to walk in and have him welcome you and ask how your day is going.
Then he had a stroke when he was about 93. When he recouped, he went back to work, but his greeting system was blitzed. They just propped him up on a stool just inside the door. He didn't talk. He didn't even move. He just sat there, his eyes following you like a gargoyle in a haunted house. It was fucking grim. I'm not sure what the point was, besides to make him feel useful. He couldn't even deter shoplifters. What would he do, honestly?
I had to start using the other door. Shopping at Walmart is shit enough without having to carry that image with you the entire time.

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 09:47:44 am »

We had a greeter at our local Walmart that was 95 when he finally died. His name was Tony. He was always joyful and full of smiles and happiness. It was always a pleasure to walk in and have him welcome you and ask how your day is going.
Then he had a stroke when he was about 93. When he recouped, he went back to work, but his greeting system was blitzed. They just propped him up on a stool just inside the door. He didn't talk. He didn't even move. He just sat there, his eyes following you like a gargoyle in a haunted house. It was fucking grim. I'm not sure what the point was, besides to make him feel useful. He couldn't even deter shoplifters. What would he do, honestly?
I had to start using the other door. Shopping at Walmart is shit enough without having to carry that image with you the entire time.

Thats harsh man....

This guy put in a 30 plus after retiring. I wonder how many pensions he had  Grin

My step fil was sicked off in his 40s. Lazy mofo never worked another day.

I have worked since I was 14 so 30+ years in but only 15 for the man. That was enough  Grin
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:56:49 am by ymrader » Logged

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: