The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:48:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Government keeps Brexit studies secret
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Government keeps Brexit studies secret  (Read 301 times)
Weyland
Administrator

« on: October 19, 2017, 05:39:19 am »

"The fact that the government wants to keep people in the dark about the consequences of Brexit can mean only one thing"

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 07:37:38 am »

Indeed...

You know the EU publishes reports after every round of talks. They detail everything in discussion. The eu stance, the uk stance and if there is convergence or divergence on any issues and who needs to do what.

Obvs I am following the rights of citizens.

Saves me listening to the empty rhetoric coming from the uk government  Shocked

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ben wedge

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:20:19 pm »

Indeed...

You know the EU publishes reports after every round of talks. They detail everything in discussion. The eu stance, the uk stance and if there is convergence or divergence on any issues and who needs to do what.

l am intersted in that

do you have a link please

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 04:04:22 am »

l am intersted in that

do you have a link please

Maybe he means THIS.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
ben wedge

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 04:12:49 pm »

Maybe he means THIS.

thanks for that

connection a bit slow here for downloading so will have to wait until i,m home, but from what i have sen so far it is nowhere near as interesting as i expected 

ta

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 01:08:13 pm »

Indeed...

I have searched tirelessly for these reports to no avail. All I can find are lists of upcoming agendas and press releases

Can you please point me in the right direction

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 03:58:37 pm »

I have searched tirelessly for these reports to no avail. All I can find are lists of upcoming agendas and press releases

Can you please point me in the right direction

I take that as a 'no' then

Is that because you cba or that there is no such reportage I wonder

Lone Ranger
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 08:07:27 am »

I take that as a 'no' then

Is that because you cba or that there is no such reportage I wonder

It's a cba, do your own fucking legwork.

They are technical notes prepared by the eu tf50.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 08:51:18 am »

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 10:19:39 am »

Liam Fox, our Trade Minister, and I didn't make that up. He was on Today today, explaining that we have to train hundreds of negotiators because we don't have any on account of being a member of the EU. Not making any of this up.

A bit late, I dare say. We can only hope that Fox, Bozo, and Davis are not even remotely involved with any training.

ben wedge

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 07:42:24 pm »

It's a cba, do your own fucking legwork.

They are technical notes prepared by the eu tf50.

OK don't post a link

It is quite obvious that there is no more reporting of Brexit in Europe than there is in UK, you can make all the claims you like but in the absence of some evidence I consider it bullshit

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 07:44:59 pm »

Very pretty

Is that the extent of the fabled reporting of the EU Brexit negotiations we keep hearing about but no-one is able to produce?

I call bullshit

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 02:08:34 am »

Very pretty

Is that the extent of the fabled reporting of the EU Brexit negotiations we keep hearing about but no-one is able to produce?

I call bullshit

See thread topic.

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 04:56:42 am »

OK don't post a link

It is quite obvious that there is no more reporting of Brexit in Europe than there is in UK, you can make all the claims you like but in the absence of some evidence I consider it bullshit

Can't help you being shite.

I have a copy of the rights of citizens on this here device  Grin

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ben wedge

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 05:24:27 pm »

See thread topic.

Ahh, good point. Your pretty picture does indeed relate to that title

I was interested to see the information that RoW is privy to as per Post 2w

"You know the EU publishes reports after every round of talks. They detail everything in discussion. The eu stance, the uk stance and if there is convergence or divergence on any issues and who needs to do what."

as opposed to BRITISH "studies".

So post 2 then is also irrelevant to the "thread topic", since it does not involve 'British studies'

Have YOU found these mythical "reports", or are you sworn to secrecy/haven't bothered to read them/can't find any trace of them?

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 03:06:16 am »

Ahh, good point. Your pretty picture does indeed relate to that title

I was interested to see the information that RoW is privy to as per Post 2w

"You know the EU publishes reports after every round of talks. They detail everything in discussion. The eu stance, the uk stance and if there is convergence or divergence on any issues and who needs to do what."

as opposed to BRITISH "studies".

So post 2 then is also irrelevant to the "thread topic", since it does not involve 'British studies'

Have YOU found these mythical "reports", or are you sworn to secrecy/haven't bothered to read them/can't find any trace of them?

ben wedge

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 03:39:00 am »

Querying statements presented as facts and seeking to establish the facts by looking at the evidence is grounds for ridicule on a 'debate' board?Huh??

Well blow me down

I have no argument with your pretty pictures but I do question the validity of you going off topic then deriding my response to you as being 'off topic'

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 03:45:35 am »

Querying statements presented as facts and seeking to establish the facts by looking at the evidence is grounds for ridicule on a 'debate' board?Huh??

Well blow me down

I have no argument with your pretty pictures but I do question the validity of you going off topic then deriding my response to you as being 'off topic'

Aw, diddums. Find some facts and post them. According to Today, there's a spreadsheet used by both the EU and the UK to register progress in the negotiations, if any. Your mission is to research it and report back.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 08:05:14 am »

May still has not a clue how the negotiations will finally result, yet she wants to set in law the exact time we dive from a great height into an empty pool. Imagine my surprise. LINK

It amounts to treason, and it simply cannot be allowed to happen.

ben wedge

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 08:24:41 am »

Aw, diddums. Find some facts and post them. According to Today, there's a spreadsheet used by both the EU and the UK to register progress in the negotiations, if any. Your mission is to research it and report back.

Strange, the convention in debate is for the person making a claim to back it up with evidence

Seems that there are at least two people aware of the location of evidnece, but neither are willing to share their knowledge

I wonder why that is

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 08:53:29 am »

Strange, the convention in debate is for the person making a claim to back it up with evidence

Seems that there are at least two people aware of the location of evidnece, but neither are willing to share their knowledge

I wonder why that is

Guess what -- yet again it's this again . . .

. . . again. Grow up, Ben. Contribute something for once.

ben wedge

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 09:26:26 am »

Thankyou for your contribution, although a simple link to these fabled reports would have been far far more conducive to 'debate', don't you think?

Look, I have already said that I have no problem with your topic or your responses

Topics move and in this case it was claimed that 'the EU' reported on discussions whereas the UK didn't

I expressed interest in these reports and asked for a link

Pleaae explain what is so wrong with that?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:33:31 am by ben wedge » Logged

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 09:54:19 am »

FFS contribute something, Ben. Please.

ben wedge

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 12:00:00 pm »

I don;t really have anything to contribute to the topic

I think that bthe government should make the studies public, but I don't know what doing so would achieve - we are committed to Brexit (unless you know something I don't, there are no plans for another referendum) - so I didn't make any contrubution.

Have you signed the petition?

Are you advising me to do so?

You simply posted a link - no comment, no opinion - what am I supposed to contribute?

Howver, YMs response that 'the EU' DID publish regular reports on the results of negotiations did interest me and I tried everything I could think of to find these reports to no avail.

I made the mistake of politely asking for a link

The result was typical of what this board has become

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 12:39:18 pm »

I don;t really have anything to contribute to the topic

I think that bthe government should make the studies public, but I don't know what doing so would achieve - we are committed to Brexit (unless you know something I don't, there are no plans for another referendum) - so I didn't make any contrubution.

Have you signed the petition?

Are you advising me to do so?

You simply posted a link - no comment, no opinion - what am I supposed to contribute?

Howver, YMs response that 'the EU' DID publish regular reports on the results of negotiations did interest me and I tried everything I could think of to find these reports to no avail.

I made the mistake of politely asking for a link

The result was typical of what this board has become

Start a thread, Ben. Any subject. Contribute something. Show us your holiday photos. Tell a joke. Put a different record on the Dansette. Show your mettle. Show us how it's done.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: