The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 11:38:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119302 Posts in 5709 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Why have children?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Why have children?  (Read 1465 times)
Myky D

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 05:55:29 am »

But you did deny it, you said "women offer sex in return for the man sticking around".

What do you mean, "given the choice"? Every man knows what he has to do to prevent pregnancy. If he chooses not to use a condom or not to be sterilized or not to abstain, then he accepts the risk of pregnancy and really doesn't mind making babies at all.

Hmm, depends on where you're talking about. In western society women need the help and protection of men less and less. In many cases the man turns out to be just another liability for the woman. In Africa women are placed in marriages by their parents, who get paid a dowry. My friend in Gambia is her husband's 4th wife (permissible in many Muslim countries). She has to raise her 7 children and work to feed her children, her husband and his other wives, while her husband does nothing but make babies and count his prayer beads in the compound all day.

You do tend to make sweeping statements without thinking them through.

"ensnare"
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2018, 06:51:56 am »

If you would just put that lonely verb into a sentence, with a subject and a direct object, we might get some idea of what it is you are trying to express.
Myky D

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 07:05:27 am »

I cannot apologise enough - I sincerely thought it the word I'd employed when I wroted this:

women offer sex in return for the man sticki g around,  and the design tricks to keep them there to help raise kids.

Dutch Rosie

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2018, 07:19:16 am »

OK, clear now.

Women do ensnare men, and men ensnare women. That's what human beings can do to each other when they are insecure.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 05:30:45 am »

OK, clear now.

Women do ensnare men, and men ensnare women. That's what human beings can do to each other when they are insecure.

Me n frau are more a partnership than an ensnaring enterprise  Grin

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Myky D

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2018, 06:07:16 am »

This is why you're no fun any more.
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2018, 06:13:49 am »

Me n frau are more a partnership than an ensnaring enterprise  Grin

Quite. Hopefully a negotiated partnership, with the deal breakers all named and agreed on, like the one I have with my partner.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: