The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 08:22:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117886 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Slightly creepy Halloween thing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Slightly creepy Halloween thing  (Read 106 times)
vladimir

« on: October 16, 2017, 04:20:58 pm »

So, every October the wife and I watch scary movies every night as kind of a Halloween tradition.  Last night it was 1972s "Tales from the Crypt" (as far as I know, there's no connection to the TV program of the same name.)  Watching it I think one of the characters looks familiar.  Roy Dotrice in the "Wish You Were Here" segment.  I look him up on IMDB and see that he was in a bunch of stuff I've watched over the years.  Most recently Game of Thrones.  Then I click from IMDB to yahoo and there's a notice that he died right there on the main screen.

A wise man said, "You can't step in the same stream twice," but I find wet feet soon get caked with sand and grit.  That's very unpleasant, especially between the toes.  So when I go for a stroll I stay on the sidewalk.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 07:21:48 am »

Yesterday afternoon there was an orange sky over London and the south-east, something to do with Storm Ophelia and sands from the Sahara being whipped up and carried to the UK, plus a smokey smell from the forest fires in Portugal.  It was the weirdest thing.  

Vlad, that was strange for you though.   Undecided

Rasta

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:52:59 pm »

So, every October the wife and I watch scary movies every night as kind of a Halloween tradition.  Last night it was 1972s "Tales from the Crypt" (as far as I know, there's no connection to the TV program of the same name.)  Watching it I think one of the characters looks familiar.  Roy Dotrice in the "Wish You Were Here" segment.  I look him up on IMDB and see that he was in a bunch of stuff I've watched over the years.  Most recently Game of Thrones.  Then I click from IMDB to yahoo and there's a notice that he died right there on the main screen.

What do you mean he died on the main screen? During taping?

Do you watch American Horror Story?

I'm not a huge horror fan and I've always found the genre sort of silly. But AHS is scary as fuck - all seasons. Even the opening sequences are terrifying to watch. It's a fantastic show. I'm on season 6 right not.

I've been watching R. L. Stine's The Haunting Hour with the kids this week. Pretty good/creepy stories with kids that couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. It's sort of fun.

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: