The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:43:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Mission (almost) accomplished?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Mission (almost) accomplished?  (Read 387 times)
AnnieOakley
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 03:40:06 pm »

Dang, that's impressive.  Okay, it's Durham, then Lincoln then. My list is supposed to be getting shorter, but noooo.

BTW, one of my fav webcams when I need an Amsterdam GVB fix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDbcbw9Db1I

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
AnnieOakley
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 03:42:52 pm »

Here's the other one...
https://www.portofamsterdam.com/en/webcam

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 03:55:42 pm »

Durham.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
ben wedge

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 11:14:36 am »

Ever since I joined GWD, in 2011, the main, and unremitting, source of constant hostility, and indeed constant personal abuse, has been Mr Fantastic, with a very few others -- mostly, but not all, similarly of the Far Right. When I was asked to look after technical aspects of GWD I did, making it clear that I wanted nothing to do with policing. Ended up practically on my own, and only ever banned K-K-Kate, who was stalking Mr & Mrs Ed (and me, to a lesser extent).

Just so you know the facts, Ben. I know you think it's my mission to close it down, but that's just you.

Carry on.

I don't recall mentioning you at all, but if you think that you are responsible for any instances of ad hominem, who am I to argue with you

What I do know for 100% certain is that a number of very long standing members have left , and I know the reasons they have given

Go figure

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 11:18:02 am »

And another thing, Ben: I have attended four (4) Meets since 2011, and every one was a joy.

As far as I know, you haven't been to any, even though you've been a member since 1947. MrF even said, more than once, that he would never attend a Meet. QED.

As you were . . .

I don't really think that attending meets is a prerequisite of membership

If you have the time and resources to travel the world it is a nice thing to do, but I really don't see the relevance of attendance/non attendance at meets in relation to posting on a 'debate' board, perhaps you could explain?

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 11:20:05 am »

I don't think anyone has said that.  But, hey, it's your story.

Said what?

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 11:36:51 am »

What I do know for 100% certain is that a number of very long standing members have left , and I know the reasons they have given

Go figure

I've gone and figured.

So what are those reasons, Ben? Please be specific and not anecdotal if you can.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
ben wedge

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 12:24:17 pm »

I've gone and figured.

So what are those reasons, Ben? Please be specific and not anecdotal if you can.

I do not disclose private exchanges

Unlike me, some people just give up and walk away

I am just a sad old git who has found pleasure in listening to different views and have spent many happy hours over the years in taking part.

We have weathered storms in the past and survived in some form. It is disappointing to see  so many old friends give up and leave rather than tolerate the hostility

I intend to log my views occasionally until prevented from doing so - just to bore you.

There are plenty of windmills around

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 01:00:38 pm »

I am just a sad old git who has found pleasure in listening to different views and have spent many happy hours over the years in taking part.

We have weathered storms in the past and survived in some form. It is disappointing to see  so many old friends give up and leave rather than tolerate the hostility

I intend to log my views occasionally until prevented from doing so - just to bore you.

Ben -- you said "What I do know for 100% certain is that a number of very long standing members have left , and I know the reasons they have given."

What reasons? No need to breach confidentiality. I don't know the reasons, but you clearly do. So tell us. Please.

ben wedge

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 02:41:01 pm »

Ben -- you said "What I do know for 100% certain is that a number of very long standing members have left , and I know the reasons they have given."

What reasons? No need to breach confidentiality. I don't know the reasons, but you clearly do. So tell us. Please.

Yes, " I know the reasons they have given" me

If they want other members to know them it is up to them, not for me to pass them on.

If I thought for one millisecond that it would change anything I may have answered in broad terms  - but it wouldn't. The reasons are perfectly obvious to anyone imo

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 03:24:31 am »

Yes, " I know the reasons they have given" me

If they want other members to know them it is up to them, not for me to pass them on.

If I thought for one millisecond that it would change anything I may have answered in broad terms  - but it wouldn't. The reasons are perfectly obvious to anyone imo

Well they're not obvious to me, Ben.

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 06:33:01 am »

Well the hostility has his very own board now

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ben wedge

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2017, 07:47:40 am »

Well they're not obvious to me, Ben.

Quelle surprise!

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 07:49:26 am »

Well the hostility has his very own board now

Yes, I've seen it.....and the only hostility I've seen on there is NOT from Fanny

Go figure

Lone Ranger
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 08:21:18 am »

Yes, I've seen it.....and the only hostility I've seen on there is NOT from Fanny

Go figure

Bromance tinted glasses.,

He was nothing but hostile here.

Haven't seen it, prolly a one sided brexit antI Muslim wank fest.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:24:55 am by ymrader » Logged

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 08:26:42 am »

Quelle surprise!

By far the most hostility I've seen on here has been either Fanny's almost non-stop hostility or people responding to Fanny's hostility. He should really have been banned years ago.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2017, 08:28:08 am »

I've seen it. You're spot on.

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2017, 08:31:05 am »

I've seen it. You're spot on.

[Shudder]

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ben wedge

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2017, 10:23:29 am »

Why don't you pay a visit before stating what it is 'prolly' like, you may learn something

Lone Ranger
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2017, 10:25:18 am »

Why don't you pay a visit before stating what it is 'prolly' like, you may learn something

I might learn something  animated laugh

Nah, i'll pass.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ben wedge

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2017, 11:40:40 am »

I might learn something  animated laugh

Nah, i'll pass.

Quelle surprise

Lone Ranger
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2017, 07:33:33 am »

Quelle surprise

Enlighten Ben,  what could I possibly learn?

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: