The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:20:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118240 Posts in 5531 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  This forum,needs to talk about eggs...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: This forum,needs to talk about eggs...  (Read 124 times)
Snotty

Science Fiction rules,you know it makes sense

« on: October 05, 2017, 04:22:58 am »

I believe you all realise this.

discuss
Fried are the best,sunny side up Cool

AnnieOakley

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 05:18:26 am »

Over light, or scrambled with chorizo or smoked salmon.

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 07:49:03 am »

Lunchtime, I made bacon and egg wraps with tomato salsa, accompanied by home made celery soup.

My favourite way to do eggs is scrambled in butter, on toast, with slices of bacon on top.

mikado

a Nineteenth Century pseudo-Oriental nightmare

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:06:06 am »

Hardboiled  Cool

No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 08:14:41 am »

Unfertilised.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 10:08:08 am »

Hardboiled  Cool

You're so hard

Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 04:34:17 am »

BLT. Dry-cured unsmoked bacon minus the LT and plus a fried egg, yolk not quite set (is that over easy?). No sauce. Sourdough or rye-spelt bread. Mug of tea (MinF).

Special Extra Egg-related Bonus . . .

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 02:23:00 pm »

UNsmoked bacon?Huh???  Good god

Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 02:25:32 pm »

UNsmoked bacon?Huh???  Good god

You may call me My Lord.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 02:29:17 pm »

You may call me My Lord.

But really, unsmoked bacon is horrible. It's only the smokey taste that makes it taste good.

Christ, I bet you even put your milk in the cup before you pour the tea! 

Hold on.  We've done that one.

Grin

Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 04:40:35 pm »

But really, unsmoked bacon is horrible. It's only the smokey taste that makes it taste good.

I can just about understand the MinF / TinF thing, given that the use of a teapot is a dead art among the hoipolloi, but not the above. Herring, yes; bacon no.

"Unsmoked bacon is horrible"!? Pull yourself together, woman! 

everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 04:42:09 am »

Cheesy

Mr Angry

« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 02:00:12 pm »

"Unsmoked bacon is horrible"!? Pull yourself together, woman! 
As in so many things, Ev is partially right.  Unsmoked bacon is not, in reality,  horrible.  It is, however, massively inferior to its smoked cousin.  That is just science and incontrovertibke.

Obey the rules
                        - Eric "Fleshwound" Heggarty
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 02:40:49 pm »

As in so many things, Ev is partially right.  Unsmoked bacon is not, in reality,  horrible.  It is, however, massively inferior to its smoked cousin.  That is just science and incontrovertibke.

Grin

Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #14 on: Today at 02:47:16 am »

As in so many things, Ev is partially right.  Unsmoked bacon is not, in reality,  horrible.  It is, however, massively inferior to its smoked cousin.  That is just science and incontrovertibke.

Help ma boab jings crivvens scratch ma jookies! Not to mention hadaway n shite, kidda! Next you'll be saying dyed herring is better than proper North Shields kippers!

Mr Angry

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:47:44 am »

Help ma boab jings crivvens scratch ma jookies! Not to mention hadaway n shite, kidda! Next you'll be saying dyed herring is better than proper North Shields kippers!
Don't be daft. Finest kippers come ftom Loch Fyne.  But if you insist on being parochial, pop up the coast a smidgin to Craster, probably the second-best kipper I've ever had.  A close run thing though.

Obey the rules
Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #16 on: Today at 06:01:41 am »

Don't be daft. Finest kippers come ftom Loch Fyne.  But if you insist on being parochial, pop up the coast a smidgin to Craster, probably the second-best kipper I've ever had.  A close run thing though.

Don't worry, pet, I know all about Craster kippers. A few weeks ago I asked a fishmonger on Shields fish quay for Craster kippers. Luckily the car was parked close enough to run to before she could deploy her harpoon.

[In reality I hid in the pub almost next door -- The Salty Sea Dog. The corny name belies the quality. A great little pub with some great local ales and German pilsners, not to mention a fine collection of gins including some local ones. And they have all sorts of antique ships' furniture in there, including bits from the Mauritania.]

Mr Angry

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:18:47 am »

Don't worry, pet, I know all about Craster kippers. A few weeks ago I asked a fishmonger on Shields fish quay for Craster kippers. Luckily the car was parked close enough to run to before she could deploy her harpoon.

[In reality I hid in the pub almost next door -- The Salty Sea Dog. The corny name belies the quality. A great little pub with some great local ales and German pilsners, not to mention a fine collection of gins including some local ones. And they have all sorts of antique ships' furniture in there, including bits from the Mauritania.]
Might have been there once.  Went with a lass from there for a while, a depressing number of years ago.  Stunning strawberry blonde, way out of my league, but we had tremendous fun until she saw sense.  Ah, memories.........

Obey the rules
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: