The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 07:00:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118197 Posts in 5526 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  A little too close to home for me...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A little too close to home for me...  (Read 110 times)
vladimir

« on: October 03, 2017, 04:30:46 pm »

Just got this notice from the school both of my children currently attend:

"Earlier today at XXXXXXX High School, a teacher reported a student acting suspiciously and contacted the student’s dean, who removed the student from the classroom. Through the dean’s interaction with the student, he discovered an unloaded handgun.  Upon the discovery of the handgun the dean notified the School Resource Officer, who is a XXXXXXX Police Officer. Together school administration and XXXXXX PD collaborated and worked quickly to determine the school was safe and instruction continued as normal."

My kids are in the Junior High School, not the High School (I assume they need to alert all the parents of students in the district) but still.  I'm going to go on record as officially saying I am rather displeased with my nation's attitude towards possession of firearms.

A wise man said, "You can't step in the same stream twice," but I find wet feet soon get caked with sand and grit.  That's very unpleasant, especially between the toes.  So when I go for a stroll I stay on the sidewalk.
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:00:29 pm »

Just got this notice from the school both of my children currently attend:

"Earlier today at XXXXXXX High School, a teacher reported a student acting suspiciously and contacted the student’s dean, who removed the student from the classroom. Through the dean’s interaction with the student, he discovered an unloaded handgun.  Upon the discovery of the handgun the dean notified the School Resource Officer, who is a XXXXXXX Police Officer. Together school administration and XXXXXX PD collaborated and worked quickly to determine the school was safe and instruction continued as normal."

My kids are in the Junior High School, not the High School (I assume they need to alert all the parents of students in the district) but still.  I'm going to go on record as officially saying I am rather displeased with my nation's attitude towards possession of firearms.

How frightening for you, Vlad.  The whole gun thing in the US is crazy.  I don't imagine Trump will lift a finger to do anything, unfortunately.

Quelor

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 09:52:08 am »

I currently live two towns over from where the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting happened back in 2012.  I didn't then, just moved here last year.  My wife actually teaches in that town now, and where my daughters go to school at a private school; it's still a tangible pall over everything at their school, particularly with all the schools security policies and procedures.

<o> \o/ <o> \o/ <o> \o/
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 08:16:10 am »

I currently live two towns over from where the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting happened back in 2012.  I didn't then, just moved here last year.  My wife actually teaches in that town now, and where my daughters go to school at a private school; it's still a tangible pall over everything at their school, particularly with all the schools security policies and procedures.

Madness Q,

No environment for littleuns.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Quelor

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 10:09:23 pm »

Madness Q,

No environment for littleuns.

It's a private Montessori school that only goes to 8th grade.  They have a retired state police officer manning the front desk at all times, a marked police car parked in the parking lot at all times, the building locked at all times, and "lockdown" drills for the classrooms.  Only thing left is AI drones. 

I actually feel pretty safe about it, cause what are the odds it would happen in the same town twice.  We actually looked at houses there, as the prices were still depressed from lack of demand, but decided on where we are instead.

<o> \o/ <o> \o/ <o> \o/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: