The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:09:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118240 Posts in 5531 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Labour can't take election win for granted, warns thinktank
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Labour can't take election win for granted, warns thinktank  (Read 80 times)
Mister Fantastic

« on: September 24, 2017, 06:08:07 am »

I'm not shitting. This is a Guardian headline this morning.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/22/labour-cant-take-election-win-for-granted-warns-thinktank

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Riotgrrl

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:39:11 pm »

There's no election.

Corbyn failed to win against the most woeful Tory campaign that I can remember.  For Corbyn to win he has to rely on the Tories continuing to be as bad as they are currently being and that his wishy-washy nonsense on Brexit won't turn against him (and to the SNP, Libs or Greens) the remain vote, which was nearly half of those who voted.

I don't think he'll stand up well in debate.

I don't think he'll ever be PM.   But hey, you could go bust betting on sure things in politics.  (I went to sleep knowing that the UK would not be as daft as to vote to leave the EU.  Another night I went to sleep knowing that the USA would not be as daft as to vote in Trump.   I'm no pundit.)
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 06:08:28 am »

I don't think he'll ever be PM.   But hey, you could go bust betting on sure things in politics.  (I went to sleep knowing that the UK would not be as daft as to vote to leave the EU.  Another night I went to sleep knowing that the USA would not be as daft as to vote in Trump.   I'm no pundit.)

Me neither. That's not to say Labour won't get voted in at the next election, but I'd bet that if they did, Corbyn would be sidelined and Johhn McDonnell would slide into his place.  And, that's when I'd truly be worried.

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 06:10:25 am »

The labour party is in as much disarray as the tories.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 06:12:33 am »

The labour party is in as much disarray as the tories.

They are, yes.  Although to hear the BBC you'd think otherwise

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 01:35:28 pm »

Me neither. That's not to say Labour won't get voted in at the next election, but I'd bet that if they did, Corbyn would be sidelined and Johhn McDonnell would slide into his place.  And, that's when I'd truly be worried.

Corbyn is only the leader because of McDonnell and his jack boot soldiers, Momentum. You are right, if McDonell got to the top of the tree it would be a disaster. He would be invited to a chauffeured tour of 'Paris motorway tunnels' within 3 months.

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: