The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:14:48 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118240 Posts in 5531 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Ryanair
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ryanair  (Read 133 times)
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« on: September 20, 2017, 02:49:28 pm »

Does anyone use them?  We stopped a few years ago after a bad experience and I vowed never to go near them again.  O'Leary is a piece of work and I hope he has to cough up shedloads in compensation.  I won't hold my breath though.  I reckon Ryanair will wriggle out of a tight spot and sod all the poor saps who lose out.  It can't help their public image, such as it was.

vanceen

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 05:10:28 pm »

Does anyone use them?  We stopped a few years ago after a bad experience and I vowed never to go near them again.  O'Leary is a piece of work and I hope he has to cough up shedloads in compensation.  I won't hold my breath though.  I reckon Ryanair will wriggle out of a tight spot and sod all the poor saps who lose out.  It can't help their public image, such as it was.

The one time I used it (Liverpool to Charleroi) it was fine.
Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 03:56:34 am »

I've used it four times, Manchester to Eindhoven and back. Everything was fine except the Gates. The Manchester gate is an unorganised shambles that soon descends into mob rule, and information screens are minimal and badly positioned. The Eindhoven gate has no seats and no means of finding out what the delay is (two hours seems about average). My knees locked.

Flights were fine and tickets cheap -- £16 each way.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Riotgrrl

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 04:02:25 am »

Saw the guy's apology on TV.  He's a PR genius.  It was best public apology by a corporation I think I've EVER seen.

everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 11:26:25 am »

Saving his skin, horrible bloke.  Seems like personnel have been leaving in droves.  From the news lunchtime it looks like more cancellations are likely.

everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 11:28:27 am »

We used it a few times and all was fine, but when things go tits up don't expect Ryanair to help you.

Mr Angry

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 02:03:16 pm »

Nobody flies Ryanair for luxury and excellent customer service.  They use them because they are cheap.  And as long as they stay cheap, customers will keep booking, and putting  up with shit.

Obey the rules
                        - Eric "Fleshwound" Heggarty
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 02:13:57 pm »

Nobody flies Ryanair for luxury and excellent customer service.  They use them because they are cheap.  And as long as they stay cheap, customers will keep booking, and putting  up with shit.

I like cheap.  But I'll never fly Ryanair again.

everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 10:54:07 am »

Things looking bad for O'Leary.  Seems he's not going to get away with fleecing customers. Getting his just desserts as far as I'm concerned, for bringing misery to people.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: