The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:14:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118240 Posts in 5531 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  LGBT's V TERF's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LGBT's V TERF's  (Read 150 times)
Mister Fantastic

« on: September 18, 2017, 02:19:39 pm »

WTF!

I know Riot is a connoisseur on issues like these. Riot, what the hell is going on and which side were you batting for? Grin

It's basically a fight between men and women...isn't it?   Undecided

The transgender issue is the most sensitive in Britain today, sparking passionate debate among equal-rights campaigners.
But now that passion has erupted into the sort of outright violence normally associated with football hooligans.
Two factions – the Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists (or so-called TERFs) and their bitter enemies Trans Activists – clashed in an unseemly bust-up that ended with a 60-year-old woman being bundled to the ground and punched in the face. The incident was caught on video and is now being investigated by the police.

Mother-of-two Maria MacLachlan, who describes herself as a ‘gender critical feminist’, was attacked at Speakers’ Corner in London’s Hyde Park at about 7pm on Wednesday.

She had joined around 50 fellow TERFs who were to be given details of the secret location for a talk entitled What Is Gender? The Gender Recognition Act And Beyond.
TERFs are feminists who are opposed to some campaigning by transgender women.
The event was originally scheduled to be held at a community centre in New Cross, South-East London, but was switched following online warnings of a protest from Trans Activists.
Among the groups threatening to protest were the LGBTQ+ Society from Goldsmiths University, an organisation called Sisters Uncut, and Action For Trans Health London. Ms MacLachlan told The Mail on Sunday: ‘I was chatting to one of the speakers, Miranda Yardley, and people started to come who looked different to the rest of us. There was quite a generation thing.

‘These studenty-looking types were turning up (told yer Myky wears dresses)and some arguments started to take place but I kept well out of it.’
Ms Yardley is a prominent transgender writer and was guest speaker at the event along with Dr Julia Long, who describes herself as a ‘lesbian feminist and defender of women-only spaces’. Ms MacLachlan said: ‘Julia said she was going to sing a song she had written. She took a megaphone and as soon as she put it to her lips, these kids started shouting, “When the TERFs attack, we fight back.”

P.S This is my 600th thread on the forum. Smiley

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Riotgrrl

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:50:53 am »

Don't start me.

I'm trying to be nice.  I'm trying not to support the women who're just being nasty now, calling transwomen 'he', and pointing out endlessly that it is physically impossible to change sex (even though they are right.)

My red line is simple;  If legal sex is to be changed by self-id  as the Tories are suggesting (like the mad bastards they are), then there should be an absolute ban on jailhouse transitions.   

Sports organisations need to work it out for themselves.  Effectively it will mean the end of women's sport, as any guy not quite cutting it in the men's race will just self-declare himself a woman and race (and win) with the women.  Already seen it happening in cycling, weightlifting, kickboxing . . where a transwoman (i.e. a biological man) engaged in kickboxing with 'other' women.  He nearly killed the poor woman he kicked fuck out of.

Mad organisations like the Greens already have the situation where seats reserved for 'non-men' mean that you can have committees composed entirely of people born with intact and functioning penises, and indeed, who still have them, but so long as they self-id as women, or non-binary, or demi-boys (or any one of the other number of new genders that you can choose on Facebook and elsewhere), that's a balanced committee.   So reserving spaces for women is no longer a meaningful thing to do.

So yeah, i'm raging.

Gender is a tool of patriarchy, used to force certain behaviours on those born who are biologically-female.  Women are oppressed because they are biologically female, not because they ID as women.  You can't id your way out of low pay, FGM, rape, etc.  But men can - and already are - self-id their way into spaces where they can prey on women, such as the double rapist who was housed in a woman's prison. 

This crazy, nonsensical, fashionable gender theory/queer theory is incompatible with feminism. 
Riotgrrl

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 06:54:55 am »

But basically what happened in London.

1.  Gender-critical feminists (including trans women) wanted to have a debate with queer-theory supporters.
2.  Stonewall initially offered to come along to put the queer-theory argument, then dropped out.
3.  The feminists (including the trans woman) decided to have a meeting anyway.
4.  Transactivists threatened the venue so badly that the venue cancelled.
5.  The feminists found another venue, but didn't want to make it public in case it too was threatened, so they told people coming to the meeting to meet at speakers corner.
6.  Transactivists - specifically a group called Sister Uncut, which is a trans group . . i.e men with willies who identify as women - went to speakers corner.
7.  One of the transactivists tried to steal a woman's camera to stop her filming them.  She fought back a bit and tried to hold on to her camera.
8.  Two biological men (but one had a pony tail and the other had dyed his hair pink, so we knew they were 'really' women) then punched her lights out.

Apparently saying 'I don't believe that gender is real, and I don't believe that people can change sex' is an opinion that is in itself 'literal violence' (according to the transactivists) and therefore, punching, raping, burning "TERFS" is OK. 

Or, in other words, violent and inadequate men now feel able to threaten and actually attack women that don't agree with them, just so long as the violent and inadequate men 'id' as women.   

It's fucking beyond logic.
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 08:11:58 am »

Riot, the whole thing sounds unbelievable.  I'm left wondering how many more groups can be started as well.  Funny you mentioned the men identifying as women who punched a woman's lights out.  That was the first thing that occurred to me when I read about it.  You can identify as a woman all you like, but it all comes down to two things: generally speaking men tend to have a propensity for violence and an Adam's apple.  Smiley. So far as I'm aware, you can't get rid of either.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 03:14:15 pm »

But basically what happened in London.

1.  Gender-critical feminists (including trans women) wanted to have a debate with queer-theory supporters.
2.  Stonewall initially offered to come along to put the queer-theory argument, then dropped out.
3.  The feminists (including the trans woman) decided to have a meeting anyway.
4.  Transactivists threatened the venue so badly that the venue cancelled.
5.  The feminists found another venue, but didn't want to make it public in case it too was threatened, so they told people coming to the meeting to meet at speakers corner.
6.  Transactivists - specifically a group called Sister Uncut, which is a trans group . . i.e men with willies who identify as women - went to speakers corner.
7.  One of the transactivists tried to steal a woman's camera to stop her filming them.  She fought back a bit and tried to hold on to her camera.
8.  Two biological men (but one had a pony tail and the other had dyed his hair pink, so we knew they were 'really' women) then punched her lights out.

Apparently saying 'I don't believe that gender is real, and I don't believe that people can change sex' is an opinion that is in itself 'literal violence' (according to the transactivists) and therefore, punching, raping, burning "TERFS" is OK. 

Or, in other words, violent and inadequate men now feel able to threaten and actually attack women that don't agree with them, just so long as the violent and inadequate men 'id' as women.   

It's fucking beyond logic.

You're going to have to start again. animated laugh

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Riotgrrl

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 04:01:17 am »

You're going to have to start again. animated laugh

Do you have a daughter?

If she goes to any all-female things - changing rooms at gyms/swimming pools, girls toilets, women's prison, etc. etc. (anywhere that's all female) you can now expect her to be joined by adult men with intact male genitalia.  They may or may not be dressed in clothes traditionally associated with women.  They might just be in jeans, t-shirts, beards, etc. and look to all intents and purposes like what we call 'men'.  However, they are now free to choose to join your daughter (wife, mother, etc.) in these all-female places because they are women too, if they say so.

That's if the Tory's proposed law change goes through.

Similar laws in Canada have seen, e.g., men in shelters for domestic abuse victims, where they proceeded to rape and sexually assault the women housed there.   

In the UK, we have rapists with intact male genitalia in female prisons already.

Let's not focus on the difficult and controversial discussion of this whole issue, but just look at the results.

There is nowhere that natal women can be together that is not now open to any man who wants to join in.  (If the Tory law passes.)
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2017, 10:39:19 am »

Surely not the Women's Institute?  Whatever next?

Seriously the whole thing is ridiculous.

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 04:33:12 am »

Do you have a daughter?

If she goes to any all-female things - changing rooms at gyms/swimming pools, girls toilets, women's prison, etc. etc. (anywhere that's all female) you can now expect her to be joined by adult men with intact male genitalia.  They may or may not be dressed in clothes traditionally associated with women.  They might just be in jeans, t-shirts, beards, etc. and look to all intents and purposes like what we call 'men'.  However, they are now free to choose to join your daughter (wife, mother, etc.) in these all-female places because they are women too, if they say so.

That's if the Tory's proposed law change goes through.

Similar laws in Canada have seen, e.g., men in shelters for domestic abuse victims, where they proceeded to rape and sexually assault the women housed there.   

In the UK, we have rapists with intact male genitalia in female prisons already.

Let's not focus on the difficult and controversial discussion of this whole issue, but just look at the results.

There is nowhere that natal women can be together that is not now open to any man who wants to join in.  (If the Tory law passes.)

Changing rooms are all mixed here anyway  Cool

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Riotgrrl

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 04:44:54 am »

Changing rooms are all mixed here anyway  Cool

Gender neutral is fine if there are individual locking cubicles (same for toilets)

Some jurisdictions also have non-sex-segregated prisons.

In the NHS for ages non sex-segregated wards were common.  But now they're moving away from them.  Why?  Firstly because people don't feel comfortable, but secondly because MORE WOMEN GET ASSAULTED. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: