The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 05:54:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Sir Vince Cable has described Jean-Claude Juncker as a ‘bad choice’ for his job
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Sir Vince Cable has described Jean-Claude Juncker as a ‘bad choice’ for his job  (Read 626 times)
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 09:14:32 am »

Just expressing an opinion, sorry if that upsets you. I kinda thought that that was the raison d'etre of these boards. Seems that it has degenerated into an insult contest

I have no idea of your situation. but I certainly get the impression that you (along with Ym) have nothing good to say about the UK

Consequently I see no point whatsoever in retaining your British citizenship if you successfully acquire Dutch (or German) citizenship

If you have an argument, then put it on record - I may well agree with you. Not having been in that position (or ever likely to be) I simply expressed my thoughts on it .... not realising that it was a crime tp do sol

FFS, Ben, this is what you said -- "Just see no point in retaining British citizenship IF you have no loyalty or feeling of 'belonging'".

Geddit?

Apart from anything else, it's an insult based on your strange fantasy view of the world. A constant theme with your "debating" technique.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
ben wedge

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 10:30:13 am »

FFS, Ben, this is what you said -- "Just see no point in retaining British citizenship IF you have no loyalty or feeling of 'belonging'".

Geddit?

Apart from anything else, it's an insult based on your strange fantasy view of the world. A constant theme with your "debating" technique.

...and??

Forgive me if I am of little brain, but as you rightly point out, I said IF.

I must confess, however, that from everything you have ever posted in relation to the UK, I would have thought that summed up your view

I have also indicated that I have not given the matter a lot of consideration, hence my asking why anyone should want to retain UK citizenship whilst applying for citizenship of another country

I have no doubt that there are practical considerations that make it advantageous to the individual and asked what they are ( in general if you don't want to indicate your personal circs)

Is it really necessary to constantly try to demean posters you have taken a dislike to? Just asking

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 10:41:39 am »

Is it really necessary to constantly try to demean posters you have taken a dislike to? Just asking

You tell me.

It's your constant style, after all. Always has been. I admit you're obviously more knowledgeable and thoughtful than the likes of Mr "Mitty" Fantastic, but it's still not very palatable.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
ben wedge

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2017, 03:46:31 pm »

You tell me.

It's your constant style, after all. Always has been. I admit you're obviously more knowledgeable and thoughtful than the likes of Mr "Mitty" Fantastic, but it's still not very palatable.

So you're not going to enlighten me on your views on dual nationality

You would rather continue with the insults

Quelle surprise

...and the membership continues to fall - and no-one connects the dots

Lone Ranger
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2017, 04:22:04 pm »

You would rather continue with the insults

Quelle surprise

That's how Brexit happened. Smiley

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 03:48:29 am »

I have a UK passport and I'll soon have an Irish passport as well.

That's twice I've said that in this thread alone. Is it still not clear enough?

If not, you can aways call HM Passport Office, 0300 222 0000, and/or the Irish Embassy, 020 7235 2171.

ben wedge

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 04:03:54 pm »

I have a UK passport and I'll soon have an Irish passport as well.

That's twice I've said that in this thread alone. Is it still not clear enough?

If not, you can aways call HM Passport Office, 0300 222 0000, and/or the Irish Embassy, 020 7235 2171.

Ermm, yes, I quite understand that...and it is from that that I deduced that you see nothing at all wrong with dual/triple/quadruple nationality if it favours your personal situation

I was wondering what your views were regarding multiple nationalities?

eg is it perfectly acceptable for someone to have multiple nationalities, regardless of their motive, intent or connections with the countries they adopt?

Is there any limit to the number of passports an individual should be permitted?

You know, an exchange of views (as opposed to name calling)

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 02:42:05 am »

Ermm, yes, I quite understand that...and it is from that that I deduced that you see nothing at all wrong with dual/triple/quadruple nationality if it favours your personal situation

I was wondering what your views were regarding multiple nationalities?

eg is it perfectly acceptable for someone to have multiple nationalities, regardless of their motive, intent or connections with the countries they adopt?

Is there any limit to the number of passports an individual should be permitted?

You know, an exchange of views (as opposed to name calling)

Never gave it any thought, Ben. Thanks for alerting me to this looming threat.

Obviously I think anyone should be able to have as many as they want disirregardless. Except Wrecksiteers, who should have no rights at all and be transported to Sweet Rockall and abandoned. Except Mr & Mrs Ev.

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 03:27:54 am »

Never gave it any thought, Ben. Thanks for alerting me to this looming threat.

Obviously I think anyone should be able to have as many as they want disirregardless. Except Wrecksiteers, who should have no rights at all and be transported to Sweet Rockall and abandoned. Except Mr & Mrs Ev.

Smiley

Anyone know how Machiavelli's doing in Florence?  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: