The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 05:52:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Remoaners’ dream of a second referendum ‘is stone dead’ thanks to EU’s arrogance
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Remoaners’ dream of a second referendum ‘is stone dead’ thanks to EU’s arrogance  (Read 761 times)
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 04:25:43 am »

I have to say, I find it hard to believe, Rader.  I rather think my brother and sister in law were surprised at what people were saying (admittedly not the entire nation, but the fact that anyone is voicing doubts about Germany's future is surprising) but I'm telling the truth.  This is what my bro told me.

Are they old AfD voters ?

The only problems I can see are the motor industry is going to have to change pretty sharpish. A think tank reckons the workforce  will be shy of 3m skilled workers by 2020. So they will have to have immigration regardless of how some elements perceive it. Germany industrial protectionism doesn't help much either.

Germany has never been as prosperous and hasn't kicked off for decades.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2017, 01:57:06 pm »

The only problems I can see are the motor industry is going to have to change pretty sharpish. A think tank reckons the workforce  will be shy of 3m skilled workers by 2020. So they will have to have immigration regardless of how some elements perceive it. Germany industrial protectionism doesn't help much either.

Germany has never been as prosperous and hasn't kicked off for decades.

That's right Ym, they criticize Germany so they must be Nazi skinheads. Grin

Shame on you Ev. Wink

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

No I don't think they're old. My sis in law is 51 and these people are friends and cousins I believe, so middle aged.  I've never thought of my sis in law as right wing either, but of course I can't speak for these other people as I don't know them. 

ben wedge

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2017, 04:16:46 pm »

Don't know enough about Germany to comment, but I have heard stories of worsening conditions - even for skilled workers - by way of short term contracts etc as a result of some changes to social welfare 5 or 6 years ago. Apparently it cut unemployment by creating low paid jobs (rather like we did) but this is now rippling up to affect skilled workers too

Deloitte have just completed a report forecasting a drastic fall in sales for German vehicles and a loss of 180,000 jobs as aresult of ongoing emissions and cartel investigations as well as Brexit

OE are also pointing out that EU members are answerable to their own electorate for likely export losses in their respective countries resulting from decisions made by the EU - which do not always benefit member states

Lone Ranger
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 10:56:14 am »

That's right Ym, they criticize Germany so they must be Nazi skinheads. Grin

Shame on you Ev. Wink

The AfD are nazi skinheads?

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017, 07:17:42 am »

Don't know enough about Germany to comment, but I have heard stories of worsening conditions - even for skilled workers - by way of short term contracts etc as a result of some changes to social welfare 5 or 6 years ago. Apparently it cut unemployment by creating low paid jobs (rather like we did) but this is now rippling up to affect skilled workers too

Deloitte have just completed a report forecasting a drastic fall in sales for German vehicles and a loss of 180,000 jobs as aresult of ongoing emissions and cartel investigations as well as Brexit

OE are also pointing out that EU members are answerable to their own electorate for likely export losses in their respective countries resulting from decisions made by the EU - which do not always benefit member states

Trade unions sit on company boards. How therefore are conditions worsening ?

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: