The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 10:36:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117887 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  EU superstate will rise ‘day after Brexit’
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EU superstate will rise ‘day after Brexit’  (Read 180 times)
Mister Fantastic

« on: September 14, 2017, 03:44:47 pm »

Talk about pulling out just at the right time. animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh

Another referendum would be a leave landslide thanks to old cretin.

Jean-Claude Juncker has been accused of proposing “the blueprint for a United States of Europe” with vast centralised powers to be agreed at a special summit the day after Brexit.
The European Commission president insisted that Britain would be quick to regret its decision to leave as he used his annual “state of the union” address to urge the EU to move on.
Leaders of the Netherlands and Denmark warned that Mr Juncker was overreaching in response to Brexit with plans for a single and more powerful EU president and for Bulgaria and Romania to join the barrier-free Schengen travel zone.
The leader of the Conservatives in the European parliament accused the Luxembourger, 62, who will step down in 2019, of making a power grab.
Mr Juncker’s speech of just over an hour to MEPs in Strasbourg barely mentioned Brexit in order to emphasise the need for the EU to take radical steps to deepen integration.
“This [Brexit] will be a very sad and tragic moment in our history. We will always regret this, and I think that you will regret it as well, soon,” he said.
“Nonetheless we have to respect the will of the British people. But we are going to make progress. We will move on because Brexit isn’t everything, it’s not the future of everything.”
His proposals included an EU president combining his role with that of the head of the European Council, as well as a eurozone finance minister, a Brussels intelligence agency, European anti-terrorism prosecutor and an agency to enforce labour standards.
He said that EU leaders should gather in Sibiu, Romania, on March 30, 2019, the day after Britain’s exit, to prepare for the future amid concerns that unity could fray during Brexit talks.http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/the-times/eu-superstate-will-rise-the-day-after-brexit-says-juncker/news-story/687588ebfeb39fc3edf4792b500f1484http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/the-times/eu-superstate-will-rise-the-day-after-brexit-says-juncker/news-story/687588ebfeb39fc3edf4792b500f1484

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/the-times/eu-superstate-will-rise-the-day-after-brexit-says-juncker/news-story/687588ebfeb39fc3edf4792b500f1484
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:48:03 pm by Mister Fantastic » Logged

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 03:54:52 pm »

Is there anyone on here who likes the idea of being trapped in a
 European super state/European Army/a unified currency?

How are they going to get the Spanish to fight? Grin
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:10:10 pm by Mister Fantastic » Logged

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 03:56:35 pm »

Chukka Umunna 2016:

He said: "Look on this issues of a European Union army, we would have a veto on that.
"There is not going to be a European Union army.
"There is absolutely no need for one."

Fucking liar.

Jacob Rees-Mogg was not convinced however, and said he was convinced that an EU army would be implemented if the UK state din the union.

He added: "There is enhanced cooperation. The proposal is for enhanced cooperation which only requires nine member states to go ahead.

Fucking legend.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:00:44 pm »

Nigel Farage and Ed Miliband had a comical back and forth during an on-stage argument over the likelihood of a European army
The Ukip leader insisted he had insider knowledge that EU bosses wanted to build such a multinational army - but Miliband dismissed his claim.

Farage asked: "I just wonder, Ed, would you sign us up to a European army?"
Ed simply replied: "No"
Farage continued: "Because that's where EU defence is going."
Ed leaned on his podium, smiling at the audience, who began to laugh - as the firmness of the Ukip leader's questioning increased.
Miliband said: "No. I think no is the answer" - drawing applause from the members of the public watching.
But Farage wouldn't let it go, asking: "Are you saying that if 27 countries push ahead and form a European army, that you as Prime Minister would keep us out of it?"
Miliband replied: "Yeah, because there's not going to be a European army."
"There is going to be a European army" insisted Farage.
"No there isn't" retorted Miliband.

Farage went on to explain that in a debate last year he'd asked Nick Clegg about the idea of a European army, who said it was a "dangerous fantasy."
But he said he'd he'd been in meetings where the bosses of the European Union said they wanted to build a European army.
He said: "You can shake your head all you like, but this is happening," before asking if a supranational army would be enough for him to agree to a referendum. Fucking legend.

Ed answered, again: "There's not going to be a European army. I think I've said that a number of times. Fucking Liar.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: