The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2017, 06:47:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118197 Posts in 5526 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Positives of Brexit
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Positives of Brexit  (Read 1074 times)
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2017, 08:00:09 am »

... except you didn't.

I voted 'remain....but Bennetta voted 'leave', so, it was all a bit pointless really

Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2017, 08:18:16 am »

Here we go again . . . http://greatworlddebate.com/index.php?topic=16879.msg393187#msg393187

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2017, 09:03:49 am »

The state of play: Could well be Liam Fox, only better looking. Or any of our ace negotiators in fact . . .

https://youtu.be/eRjrkiXxwrM

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2017, 09:31:13 am »

What the..?

However, Myky quoted this (dated 25th June)

http://greatworlddebate.com/index.php?topic=16169.msg378996#msg378996

Which, looking at it again, Ben edited in May. 

BEN, we need to know, did you vote remain or leave? 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:37:07 am by everso » Logged

Myky D

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2017, 09:36:37 am »

Basically Brexit is going to be an absolute fucking car crash and ruin the country. The Remoaners saw this, which is why they voted to remoan, and the idiot Leavers are now starting to slowly realise this. The operation now is to salvage any shred of dignity from the whole bang shooting match, and the Leavers are far too proud, stupid and self important to even allow that.

The most sensible thing would be to admit to the absolute farce that it is, apologise,  back out and start again. That's never going to happen, which is providing us with the very highest calibre of - but equally atronomically expensive - comedy ever.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:52:50 am by Myky D » Logged
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 09:58:01 am »

What the..?

Here's the Cherry on the Cake: Post 9 in the thread I linked . . .

Weyland: I'll take your word for it.

Ben: You don't need to, just look it up

Grin

ben wedge

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 03:16:53 pm »

What the..?

yes indeed, here we go again

I was baffled by the previous claims that I was a Brexiteer and so searched back through all the posts to see why (note this was long after the first incident) and found the offending post which I then amended to save any further confusion

That was a total stupid error on my part which I can only put down to senile diminution of abilities

To make it perfectly clear once and for all

I voted REMAIN benetta voted LEAVE

I still think that we should have stayed in - it would certainly have been better for us in the short term - but I am hoping that, long term, we will survive and prosper

Perhaps this is why some think that I voted leave - not so, I just don't want the country to go to pot just so that I can say 'told you so' (unlike some). The die is cast, we can only hope for the best now

I hope that 'LEAVE' was the right decision, but I still think I was right to vote REMAIN

Hopefully that clarifies things

Lone Ranger
What Larks

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2017, 03:09:11 am »

Those who voted to Remain - well - we knew what we had and were happy with it.

Not all of us; indeed the most vociferous Remainer I know, an admitted Europhile, would be the first to admit that the EU urgently needs to reform.  I voted Remain because  I can see even greater problems leaving. 

I didn't want a referendum.  If people feel that strongly about it they could have voted for an MP who  did feel it right to go.  But I know that the majority of politicians were remainers, and they have more of a grasp of the reality of how Britain functions than I do.

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.”
― Dorothy Parker
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2017, 03:26:34 am »

Not all of us; indeed the most vociferous Remainer I know, an admitted Europhile, would be the first to admit that the EU urgently needs to reform.  I voted Remain because  I can see even greater problems leaving. 

I didn't want a referendum.  If people feel that strongly about it they could have voted for an MP who  did feel it right to go.  But I know that the majority of politicians were remainers, and they have more of a grasp of the reality of how Britain functions than I do.

Which leaves the politicians now responsible for negotiating the exit. In other words the dregs of a party which is already a party of dregs.

No hope in sight unless we just quietly forget the whole thing and beg for forgiveness.

Myky D

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2017, 03:44:28 am »

(See Post 29)
everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2017, 04:09:48 am »

yes indeed, here we go again

I was baffled by the previous claims that I was a Brexiteer and so searched back through all the posts to see why (note this was long after the first incident) and found the offending post which I then amended to save any further confusion

That was a total stupid error on my part which I can only put down to senile diminution of abilities

To make it perfectly clear once and for all

I voted REMAIN benetta voted LEAVE

I still think that we should have stayed in - it would certainly have been better for us in the short term - but I am hoping that, long term, we will survive and prosper

Perhaps this is why some think that I voted leave - not so, I just don't want the country to go to pot just so that I can say 'told you so' (unlike some). The die is cast, we can only hope for the best now

I hope that 'LEAVE' was the right decision, but I still think I was right to vote REMAIN

Hopefully that clarifies things

r

Thank you, Ben.  I had a feeling that was the case, but I wanted to clear it up before this thread ran away with itself.

Myky D

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2017, 04:23:10 am »

Maybe robust debate is no longer your strong suite, ben. So your wildly speculative and condescending attitude becomes laughable.
What Larks

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2017, 04:50:37 am »

I couldn't disagree more; I've been known to make typing errors as well, or phrased things in a way that leaves room for ambiguity or worse.  If posters who make mistakes are rejected as not worthy of discussion we will all be reduced to composing simple sentences in one-line posts.

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.”
― Dorothy Parker
Myky D

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2017, 04:56:24 am »

I couldn't disagree more; I've been known to make typing errors as well, or phrased things in a way that leaves room for ambiguity or worse.  If posters who make mistakes are rejected as not worthy of discussion we will all be reduced to composing simple sentences in one-line posts.

There's making typos, and there's stating two completely opposite facts.

It's just amusing - I know this place isn't the Palace Of Westminster.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2017, 10:00:17 am »

You're right to put democratic in quotes - it wasn't a democratic decision, because the public weren't informed. Those who voted to leave had absolutely no idea what they were voting for, as we are seeing played out, indicating that their voting choice was based not on information, but on emotion - pride and xenophobia.

Those who voted to Remain - well - we knew what we had and were happy with it. But we lost, so we're getting over it, and enjoying watching the Brexiteers start to weep. "Invoke the spirit of Dunkirk!" - what - the greatest military fiasco of WWII? Hahahahaha - Dunkirk was a massive sweep-up operation, not a victory.

It's now all about disaster-management - there are no positives left from Brexit except fat private legal fees.

But hey - bent bananas!

The positive is the Brexit folder...it's hilarious.

Those who voted to Remain - well - we knew what we had and were happy with it. But we lost, so we're getting over it  animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Myky D

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2017, 10:12:15 am »

The positive is the Brexit folder...it's hilarious.

Those who voted to Remain - well - we knew what we had and were happy with it. But we lost, so we're getting over it  animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh

Come on - step up. Can you name a positive outcome of Brexit?
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2017, 10:27:45 am »

Come on - step up. Can you name a positive outcome of Brexit?

There is no outcome yet, we've not left. Roll Eyes

How about we let them get on with the negotiations and stop trying to predict?

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Myky D

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2017, 11:11:38 am »

There is no outcome yet, we've not left. Roll Eyes

How about we let them get on with the negotiations and stop trying to predict?

Hahahaha

Maybe you can lend DD a crayon.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2017, 11:44:43 am »

Hahahaha

Maybe you can lend DD a crayon.

You do know that DD could silently creep into your home, dispatch your pet Chihuahu and separate your head and Fez from your body without anyone ever knowing...or caring.

He's fucking hard as nails so I'd shush if I were you! Grin

ben wedge

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2017, 02:33:30 pm »

Maybe robust debate is no longer your strong suite, ben. So your wildly speculative and condescending attitude becomes laughable.

Never has been my strong point

I try to see both sides and take account of sensible responses to probing......unfortunately KI see precious few such responses from you - but I condescend to respond to you anyway in vain hopes Wink

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2017, 02:36:36 pm »

There's making typos, and there's stating two completely opposite facts.

It's just amusing - I know this place isn't the Palace Of Westminster.

..perhjaps I should have used the Myky defence of saying that my 'errors' were deliberate to amuse the reader Roll Eyes

For example - "BMW cancel contract as direct result of Brexit"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:42:19 pm by ben wedge » Logged

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2017, 02:39:12 pm »

You do know that DD could silently creep into your home, dispatch your pet Chihuahu and separate your head and Fez from your body without anyone ever knowing...or caring.

He's fucking hard as nails so I'd shush if I were you! Grin

Nah, he'd be caught.

De Gubmint has Myky under constant surveillance , remember

Lone Ranger
Myky D

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2017, 01:20:01 am »

Never has been my strong point

Why don't you emigrate?
ben wedge

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2017, 06:55:04 pm »

Why don't you emigrate?

Because  I don't loath UK like you do