The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 06:00:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Positives of Brexit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Positives of Brexit  (Read 1501 times)
Myky D

« on: July 27, 2017, 02:08:05 am »

All we've had is an election called by a woman who said there wouldn't be one, who lost a mandate that she already had, for something she said was a bad idea in the first place, at a cost of £1.5bn, given to a bunch of nutters who think the earth is 5,500 years old, and who now have the government by Theresa May's ahem - 'enormous balls'.

The Great Repeal act is just going to cross out 'EU' on laws and replace it with 'BRITISH', and the Tories are quite intent on driving a race to the bottom instead of nurturing the country. It's being run by utterly incompetent fools - look at David Davis the other day - turning up to the first round of negotiations without even a fucking pen. At every turn those negotiations are failing - hardly surprising - the EU has a crack team of negotiators from all its countries; Britain has a man who proudly proclaims that his initials are a bra size.

We had strength, fraternity and influence in the EU, which we've sacrificed because morons hate foreign-born children - Brexit is now about damage-limitation rather than celebration.

It's reduced Britain to a laughing stock - even in the eyes of America!  Who voted for Trump as their president! Even the Americans think we're idiots! Fucking hell.

Is anyone here brave enough to tell us why they voted for Brecit, or are you all too embarrassed and frightened still?

Come on - I won't laugh (I will laugh, because it's absolutely fucking risible, you morons).
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 03:41:47 am »

Yes, you'll laugh.  And then you'll call us bigots and racists, because that's what you do.

Myky D

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:24:06 am »

Yes, you'll laugh.  And then you'll call us bigots and racists, because that's what you do.

If you're being bigoted and racist, yes, I will. There's no need to be bigoted and racist about it, though.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 04:50:14 am »

Where I choose to live in the future being dictated to by some ill informed halfwit putting a cross in a box  Roll Eyes

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 12:21:32 pm »

All we've had is an election called by a woman who said there wouldn't be one, who lost a mandate that she already had, for something she said was a bad idea in the first place, at a cost of £1.5bn, given to a bunch of nutters who think the earth is 5,500 years old, and who now have the government by Theresa May's ahem - 'enormous balls'.

The Great Repeal act is just going to cross out 'EU' on laws and replace it with 'BRITISH', and the Tories are quite intent on driving a race to the bottom instead of nurturing the country. It's being run by utterly incompetent fools - look at David Davis the other day - turning up to the first round of negotiations without even a fucking pen. At every turn those negotiations are failing - hardly surprising - the EU has a crack team of negotiators from all its countries; Britain has a man who proudly proclaims that his initials are a bra size.

We had strength, fraternity and influence in the EU, which we've sacrificed because morons hate foreign-born children - Brexit is now about damage-limitation rather than celebration.

It's reduced Britain to a laughing stock - even in the eyes of America!  Who voted for Trump as their president! Even the Americans think we're idiots! Fucking hell.

Is anyone here brave enough to tell us why they voted for Brecit, or are you all too embarrassed and frightened still?

Come on - I won't laugh (I will laugh, because it's absolutely fucking risible, you morons).

Still crying because you lost, man-student. animated laugh

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 12:38:11 pm »

Still crying because you lost, man-student.

We all lost, man-dunce, and will continue losing*. Hasn't it dawned on you yet?

* Unless one has a € pension to relieve the pain, that is. Forward planning, they call it.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 12:41:02 pm »

We all lost, man-dunce, and will continue losing*. Hasn't it dawned on you yet?

* Unless one has a € pension to relieve the pain, that is. Forward planning, they call it.

I'll worry about that if or when it happens. I'm off to Ibiza on Monday, I haven't got time to sit about drinking whisky and crying. Grin

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 12:46:27 pm »

I'll worry about that if or when it happens. I'm off to Ibiza on Monday, I haven't got time to sit about drinking whisky and crying. Grin

Ibiza -- imagine our surprise.

Have a lovely time, Jacob. No need to come back. In fact please don't.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 12:51:09 pm »

Ibiza -- imagine our surprise.

Have a lovely time, Jacob. No need to come back. In fact please don't.

I'm off to a quiet part of the island that's all inclusive with all my family. I will be back posting unless I'm shut-down. You have the power. Wink

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 01:06:54 pm »

I'm off to a quiet part of the island that's all inclusive with all my family. I will be back posting unless I'm shut-down. You have the power. Wink

GWD is notorious all over the Web for shutting discussion down at the drop of a gonella, as you of course know.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 03:50:33 pm »

GWD is notorious all over the Web for shutting discussion down at the drop of a gonella, as you of course know.

You love me in a hateful way. Smiley

ben wedge

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 04:30:06 pm »

It's reduced Britain to a laughing stock - even in the eyes of America!  Who voted for Trump as their president! Even the Americans think we're idiots! Fucking hell.

Calm down dear, you'll mend up wetting your pants again if you go on like this

When exactly did we have "strength, fraternity and influence in the EU"?

Thought we were always a laughing stock

btw Have you looked at the BMW thread - seems you were wrong.

Is that what has upset you?

Lone Ranger
Myky D

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 04:25:44 pm »

Seriously - anyone?
Snotty

Science Fiction rules,you know it makes sense

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2017, 04:36:04 pm »

Seriously - anyone?

Can't see any,not even sure Brexit will happen.

Snotty

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 05:04:44 am »

Fingers crossed it happens.

I think it will Smiley

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/03/second-brexit-referendum-case-getting-stronger-political-deadlock-life-raft

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 05:23:30 am »

What would be the point?  Why not just reverse the 'democratic' decision and remain in the EU?  Because if there was another referendum and the result was still Leave, it wouldn't end there.  The Remainers would be calling for another one and another one ad infinitum.  And if the result was Remain - well, you'd all have what you want anyway.  Grin

Snotty

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 05:36:50 am »

What would be the point?  Why not just reverse the 'democratic' decision and remain in the EU?  Because if there was another referendum and the result was still Leave, it wouldn't end there.  The Remainers would be calling for another one and another one ad infinitum.  And if the result was Remain - well, you'd all have what you want anyway.  Grin

A life raft for politicians who cannot agree,and a rethink for those who voted for the suicide of the uk,a second referendum is not overthrowing the democratic process at all,you can still vote which way you wish,your another and another ad infininitum remark is nothing more than a straw man so often used by Brexiters,and don't forget,the vote was almost 50 50,the majority like the original vote back in the 70s, needs to be more,whichever way it goes if it happens,just my opinion,but I refuse to fall out with anybody over this Smiley
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 06:20:17 am by Snotty » Logged

Myky D

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 05:41:46 am »

What would be the point?  Why not just reverse the 'democratic' decision and remain in the EU?  Because if there was another referendum and the result was still Leave, it wouldn't end there.  The Remainers would be calling for another one and another one ad infinitum.  And if the result was Remain - well, you'd all have what you want anyway.  Grin

You're right to put democratic in quotes - it wasn't a democratic decision, because the public weren't informed. Those who voted to leave had absolutely no idea what they were voting for, as we are seeing played out, indicating that their voting choice was based not on information, but on emotion - pride and xenophobia.

Those who voted to Remain - well - we knew what we had and were happy with it. But we lost, so we're getting over it, and enjoying watching the Brexiteers start to weep. "Invoke the spirit of Dunkirk!" - what - the greatest military fiasco of WWII? Hahahahaha - Dunkirk was a massive sweep-up operation, not a victory.

It's now all about disaster-management - there are no positives left from Brexit except fat private legal fees.

But hey - bent bananas!
mikado

a Nineteenth Century pseudo-Oriental nightmare

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 07:10:12 am »

You're right to put democratic in quotes - it wasn't a democratic decision, because the public weren't informed. Those who voted to leave had absolutely no idea what they were voting for, as we are seeing played out, indicating that their voting choice was based not on information, but on emotion - pride and xenophobia.

That sounds like the democratic process down to a tee.

I think there may be a moral case for saying there should be another vote if it turns out that the conditions of leaving are substantially different to those expected when the Brexit Referendum was held.  But even so, Brexit will still go through as the leadership of both Conservative and Labour Parties are in favour.

No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts
Myky D

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 09:32:09 am »

That sounds like the democratic process down to a tee.

Nah - it should be the voice of the demos. The demos can't have a voice if they don't know what they're on about.
Myky D

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 07:25:07 am »

Still waiting for someone to provide some positives.
ben wedge

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 11:16:43 am »

Still waiting for someone to provide some positives.

Still waiting for your acknowledgement that your BMW 'cancellation of contract' was utter nonsense

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2017, 11:36:48 am »

So -- no positives. Imagine my surprise.

ben wedge

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2017, 03:13:03 pm »

So -- no positives. Imagine my surprise.

Agreed. I can't think of any offhand........which is why I voted 'remain'

So, why is it necessary to invent negatives like BMW 'cancelling contracts' ... or blaming everything that goes wrong on Brexit.

Quite rightly, we pointed out that many things blamed on the EU were not in fact anything to do with our membership - we should do the same with Brexit

Lone Ranger
Myky D

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2017, 04:24:38 am »

Agreed. I can't think of any offhand........which is why I voted 'remain'

... except you didn't.

I voted 'leave'

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: