The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:13:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118240 Posts in 5531 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Jacob Rees-Mogg
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Jacob Rees-Mogg  (Read 1011 times)
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2017, 04:27:00 am »

They weren't my Labour Party, pal.

MP's who signed off the slaughter are still in it. You still vote for them. You have to have some kind of accountability pal.

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Larry Death

Whosoever holds this hammer

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2017, 04:33:56 am »

MP's who signed off the slaughter are still in it. You still vote for them. You have to have some kind of accountability pal.

I vote for Margaret Greenwood.

She was elected to HOC in 2015.  This, as you may be aware, is a long time after the Iraq war.

Bit anyway, back to Rees-Mogg and his vile bigotry and misogyny disguised as religious observations.

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2017, 04:34:58 am »

Thanks Harriet. There's no better way to gain support for Moggmentum than articles like this. Smiley

Harriet Harman has accused Jacob Rees-Mogg of being a “deadbeat dad” and demanded that parliament change its rules to allow MPs six months of paid leave after having a child.
Labour’s former deputy leader criticised the Tory MP after he said he was no “modern man” and had never changed a nappy following the birth of his sixth child, Sixtus.
“Men who don’t change nappies are deadbeat dads – and that includes Jacob Rees-Mogg,” said Harman, who is campaigning for MPs to be allowed to have a formal maternity or paternity leave system for the first time.

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2017, 04:36:11 am »

She was elected to HOC in 2015.  This, as you may be aware, is a long time after the Iraq war.

Bit anyway, back to Rees-Mogg and his vile bigotry and misogyny disguised as religious observations.

He doesn't like killing babies...even black ones. Can't argue with it. #voteMoggs

everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2017, 05:19:35 am »

[Adjusted image width.]

Well done.  The Mogg large size sort of scared me.

everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2017, 05:24:05 am »

Labour's still Labour though, Larry.  She joined the Labour Party. 

Whether or not you're an Atheist (and I'm with you there) he's entitled to his Catholic beliefs, which aren't likely to affect anybody who votes him in.  In much the same way as any other religious beliefs would not affect us.

Larry Death

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2017, 06:01:45 am »

Labour's still Labour though, Larry.  She joined the Labour Party.  

Whether or not you're an Atheist (and I'm with you there) he's entitled to his Catholic beliefs, which aren't likely to affect anybody who votes him in.  In much the same way as any other religious beliefs would not affect us.

His beliefs only matter when it gives him an opportunity to oppose equal rights for homosexuals or a woman's control over her own body.

You'd expect someone with deeply held Christian beliefs to be in favour of helping the poor, sick and disabled, however his voting record shows the complete opposite to be true.

He's a bigot and a misogynist hiding behind faith to excuse his odious opinions.

Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2017, 06:21:49 am »

Well done.  The Mogg large size sort of scared me.

The board software is supposed to reduce the width to something reasonable, and usually does, except for MrF's monstrosities. I dare say even the software's lost patience with him by now.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2017, 06:26:48 am »

Labour's still Labour though, Larry.  She joined the Labour Party. 

Whether or not you're an Atheist (and I'm with you there) he's entitled to his Catholic beliefs, which aren't likely to affect anybody who votes him in.  In much the same way as any other religious beliefs would not affect us.

Except, that is, for the religious bigots -- the Orange Order aka DUP -- that May needs to keep her on her perch.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2017, 06:52:59 am »

The board software is supposed to reduce the width to something reasonable, and usually does, except for MrF's monstrosities. I dare say even the software's lost patience with him by now.

Hacked it, Grin

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2017, 06:56:48 am »

His beliefs only matter when it gives him an opportunity to oppose equal rights for homosexuals or a woman's control over her own body.

You'd expect someone with deeply held Christian beliefs to be in favour of helping the poor, sick and disabled, however his voting record shows the complete opposite to be true.

He's a bigot and a misogynist hiding behind faith to excuse his odious opinions.

The Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg has said he would go to a gay wedding and would probably enjoy it - despite believing the practice should not be allowed.
Mr Rees-Mogg, who is regarded in some circles as a potential party leader, restated his opposition to same-sex marriage, which was legalised in the UK three years ago, stating: “I take the teachings of the Catholic Church seriously.
"Marriage is a sacrament and the decision of what is a sacrament lies with the Church not with Parliament.”
However he said he would be happy to go to a gay wedding as a guest.

“I’ve never been invited to a gay wedding before, but I can’t see why I’d decline. It’s not for me to enforce my morals on others. If someone asked me to a drugs rave I’d refuse because it’s illegal.
“But gay weddings are legal. I wouldn’t get on my moral high horse. If I went, I hope I’d enjoy it.” he said in a newspaper interview on Saturday.
Asked how he would feel if one of his six children announced they had fallen in love with someone from the same sex he said: “It’s not for me to judge. I’m sure the love I have for them would overcome anything.”

Larry - You've just been Mogged! animated laugh

Larry Death

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2017, 07:11:03 am »

"It's not for me to enforce my morals on others."

Except every time he votes on something in HOC... Roll Eyes

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/essentials/news/lets-take-look-jacob-rees-moggs-voting-record/amp/

Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2017, 08:40:05 am »

"Marriage is a sacrament and the decision of what is a sacrament lies with the Church not with Parliament." -- Mogg

Ask any Registrar if it's a sacrament. It isn't, obviously. Every marriage has to be legitimised by a Registrar. God has nothing to do with it. Decided by Parliament some time long before Mogg was spawned in an unfortunate incident involving Keith Joseph and the Bishop of Clifton's pet whippet.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2017, 11:08:21 am »

"It's not for me to enforce my morals on others."

Except every time he votes on something in HOC... Roll Eyes

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/essentials/news/lets-take-look-jacob-rees-moggs-voting-record/amp/

I've read it. What's the problem?   Huh?

mikado

a Nineteenth Century pseudo-Oriental nightmare

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2017, 11:43:21 am »

Unless they're in Yemen.

This seems quite common with people who oppose abortion because of the sanctity of life, but don't feel the same way about wedding party guest in remote parts of Asia, for some reason.

No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2017, 12:58:19 pm »

Their is a petition to get the Mogg entered for the next Olympic 110 metres hurdle event. He'd piss it.

[Adjusted image width.]

This is the perfect event for the Moggmeister. Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ba1OKY7Xc

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2017, 08:53:56 am »

Everso,

Bad News:
Please don't watch the news. A group of uneducated, unwashed, Labour supporting Wellend's and Rader's have crashed his lordships fringe meeting and shouted abuse at him. Angry

Good News:
The Moggmeister took it in his stride and made these uneducated oiks look foolish. Smiley

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2017, 11:25:33 am »

Watch the Moggmeister handle the thick chav with class and decorum. See how the Tories in attendance give the shouting, idiot protesters a slow hand clap. One side total class (Tory) the other nasty little thugs (momentum). Anyone who votes for Corbyn Monoxide's nasty Momentum driven party are the fucking scum of the earth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1547119/Despicable-Angry-protesters-argue-Jacob-Rees-Mogg.html

Snotty

Science Fiction rules,you know it makes sense

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2017, 11:39:59 am »

I am scum of the Earth Sad

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2017, 11:51:05 am »

You haven't realized what your voting for...yet.

A bit like the Nazi Brexiter's. Wink

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2017, 11:53:47 am »

You could report that as a GWD hate crime against you. I will be banned from the forum before you could say, "where the fuck has the forums most prolific thread starter gone." Grin

Snotty

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2017, 11:59:25 am »

You could report that as a GWD hate crime against you. I will be banned from the forum before you could say, "where the fuck has the forums most prolific thread starter gone." Grin

I’ll not report you,I don’t really think that you think I’m scum of the earth Smiley

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2017, 12:07:49 pm »

I’ll not report you,I don’t really think that you think I’m scum of the earth Smiley
Salt of the earth. Smiley

Snotty

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2017, 12:15:36 pm »

Salt of the earth. Smiley

Smiley

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2017, 03:28:23 pm »

Tory MP Jakob Rees Mogg was 'challenged' by activists over food banks and opposition to abortion at a Tory fringe meeting today..

They were heard chanting, "Close all food banks and kill more babies."animated laugh  Wink

I wish some of these moron's would come on this forum, I would have them on suicide watch within 24 hours. Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: