The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2017, 03:41:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
116815 Posts in 5419 Topics by 87 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Why I'm voting Conservative
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: Why I'm voting Conservative  (Read 4661 times)
Mister Fantastic

« on: April 26, 2017, 12:37:16 pm »

I want a STRONG AND STABLE leadership, not a COALITION OF CHAOS.

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 12:52:33 pm »

I want a STRONG AND STABLE leadership, not a COALITION OF CHAOS.

In that case, North Korea is your best bet. It's chaos here, and getting worse.

Meanwhile, we already have enough parrots in this country, thank you.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10-metre diving board without checking there is any water in the pool." -- Paul Mason
Tactical Voting
Myky D

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 01:18:00 pm »

*round of applauses*
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 01:39:34 pm »

*round of applauses*

Pffft!

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
ben wedge

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:20:14 pm »

*round of applauses*

At least he is not ashamed to tell us who has his vote....unlike some

Lone Ranger
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 02:26:48 pm »

At least he is not ashamed to tell us who has his vote....unlike some

He's voting Labour but has voted Green in the past. He loves Corbyn's divvy communist crowd who stroll around shit parts of London drinking skinny lattes and fist bumping Jamaicans/Africans to try to look with it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:48:38 pm by Mister Fantastic » Logged

Myky D

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 04:02:29 pm »

I am undone.

And slightly aroused, come to think of it (It's hard to tell in these enormous trousers that I'm wearing).
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 05:10:49 pm »

You can have all of our conservatives. We need to make our country great again.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 02:49:19 am »

You can have all of our conservatives. We need to make our country great again.

Yours are far too left-wing for Brexit Britain.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10-metre diving board without checking there is any water in the pool." -- Paul Mason
Tactical Voting
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 04:27:14 am »

Yours are far too left-wing for Brexit Britain.

They're working on it. They've all resorted to drinking from lead cups to catch up.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Larry Death

Whosoever holds this hammer

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 03:20:35 am »

Strong and stable.

This is fucking hilarious.

"The EU isn't a golf club."

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/858943560594235393?m=1

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
ben wedge

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 03:26:32 pm »

Strong and stable.

This is fucking hilarious.

"The EU isn't a golf club."

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/moments/858943560594235393?m=1

No, even considering borrowing an extra £500 billion to create a new government owned bank is hilarious....unless of course there are enough nutters to swallow it and vote for labour, then it becomes scary

Lone Ranger
Larry Death

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 03:50:34 pm »

No, even considering borrowing an extra £500 billion to create a new government owned bank is hilarious....unless of course there are enough nutters to swallow it and vote for labour, then it becomes scary

Yes, Ben.

Theresa May is going to get this country absolutely fuck all from Europe with her 'strong mandate' and she fucking knows it.  The EU is laughing at her and she knows it.

But Corbyn's plan to invest in this country is the big problem, apparently.

You are a sad, delusional, little man who even in the face of actual confirmation from the EU that a vote for May is a guarantee that we will be ruined, is still too ignorant to act accordingly.

It's just a shame people like you, Ev and Mr. F are willing to take everyone else down with you loke some perverse, sadistic murder-suicide.

Looking at my young kids and considering their futures makes me despise people like you.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 04:05:41 pm »

Yes, Ben.

Theresa May is going to get this country absolutely fuck all from Europe with her 'strong mandate' and she fucking knows it.  The EU is laughing at her and she knows it.

You are a sad, delusional, little man who even in the face of actual confirmation from the EU that a vote for May is a guarantee that we will be ruined, is still too ignorant to act accordingly.

It's just a shame people like you, Ev and Mr. F are willing to take everyone else down with you loke some perverse, sadistic murder-suicide.

Looking at my young kids and considering their futures makes me despise people like you.

You're acting like a fucking idiot. That's why Ben, Ev and I will not stand along side backward, left thinking maniacs like you.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 04:13:30 pm »

Yes, Ben.

Theresa May is going to get this country absolutely fuck all from Europe with her 'strong mandate' and she fucking knows it.  The EU is laughing at her and she knows it.

As if.

Left wing protesters unfurled banners of Joseph Stalin and called for 'class war' at a May Day rally addressed by Labour's Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell today. 
Hundreds of activists took to the streets of central London for the annual demonstration, with some chanting the names of infamous communist leaders as they walked through the city.
Beneath communist hammer and sickle placards and a flag of the Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime in Trafalgar Square, Mr McDonnell, who wants to head the Treasury after the next election, read the crowd a message from Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn.
But when he posted a picture of his big speech on Twitter, he appeared to crop out the flags.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4463006/John-McDonnell-speaks-Day-demo-London.html#ixzz4frdAVm1P
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Larry Death

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 04:18:56 pm »

You're acting like a fucking idiot. That's why Ben, Ev and I will not stand along side backward, left thinking maniacs like you.

I'm not the turkey who's ignorantly voting for a dull-axe this Christmas.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 04:23:36 pm »

You do realize the Tories have been running the country since 2010. I do know what I'm voting for, I don't know what I'm going to get if one of the other rag-tag rabble get in.

ben wedge

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 04:34:44 pm »

Yes, Ben.

I voted 'remain'

I am a realist.

I look at where we are now, who got us here or how is irrelevant

I am looking at the proposals from Labour and Cons, and I see no future in voting in a Labour government

btw you never did get around to answering my question as to what Crobyn's bank is going to do that the BBB is not already doing.

It was set up with precisely the same mandate, why do we need another? How will it differ from the BBB?

Lone Ranger
Larry Death

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 04:36:41 pm »

You do realize the Tories have been running the country since 2010. I do know what I'm voting for, I don't know what I'm going to get if one of the other rag-tag rabble get in.

you're voting for closed hospitals and a devastated education system.

Oh, yeah, and you're voting for the absolutely, very worst deal possible from the EU.

You're one of the people they court and hate with equal measure:  just intelligent enough to vote, but not smart enough to realise what for.

But please do enjoy watching your kid struggle and keep reminding him that you helped make it all worse.

Larry Death

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 04:39:05 pm »

I voted 'remain'

I am a realist.

I look at where we are now, who got us here or how is irrelevant

I am looking at the proposals from Labour and Cons, and I see no future in voting in a Labour government

btw you never did get around to answering my question as to what Crobyn's bank is going to do that the BBB is not already doing.

It was set up with precisely the same mandate, why do we need another? How will it differ from the BBB?

Unlike the BBB, it will actually lend.

And it will be more slanted towards areas that are desperate for investment, hence the mention of 'a bank for the north'.

ben wedge

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 04:39:54 pm »

What are you voting for?

Corbyn is committed to Brexit

You think that the EU is going to welcoime him and shower him with gifts?

The EU is, no doubt about it, going to make Brexit as difficult and expensive for us as they possibly can -  'pour encourager les autres'

They are pretty pissed at us because we were a major contributor to the EU budget and they are going to struggle without us

That is true whoever does the negotiating

Lone Ranger
Larry Death

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2017, 04:47:23 pm »

What are you voting for?

Corbyn is committed to Brexit

You think that the EU is going to welcoime him and shower him with gifts?

The EU is, no doubt about it, going to make Brexit as difficult and expensive for us as they possibly can -  'pour encourager les autres'

They are pretty pissed at us because we were a major contributor to the EU budget and they are going to struggle without us

That is true whoever does the negotiating

Guaranteeing the rights of EU citizens to remain in this country is a major negotiating piece which Corbyn is happy to offer.  It shows much more commitment to negotiate a deal that works well for everyone.

May's ridiculous  'no surrender' stance has been laughed out of the room.

I'd trust Corbyn a million times to work for a deal that suits the majority.  The Tories will work for anything that makes them and their donors richer.

Myky D

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2017, 04:51:36 pm »

I voted 'remain'

I voted 'leave'

Lol
ben wedge

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2017, 05:00:45 pm »

Unlike the BBB, it will actually lend.

And it will be more slanted towards areas that are desperate for investment, hence the mention of 'a bank for the north'.

Really? BBB has made no loans??

Sure about that, are you?

Heard about the £400 million loan to the Norther Powerhouse Project - just one of 25,000 issued by Nov 2014

Not sure if it was you or someone else spoke of this investment bank of Corbyns lending money for building infrastructure, roads, hospitals etc. What does that actually mean? Is that one of it's functions in your understanding?

Lone Ranger
Larry Death

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2017, 05:14:35 pm »

Really? BBB has made no loans??

Sure about that, are you?

Heard about the £400 million loan to the Norther Powerhouse Project - just one of 25,000 issued by Nov 2014

Not sure if it was you or someone else spoke of this investment bank of Corbyns lending money for building infrastructure, roads, hospitals etc. What does that actually mean? Is that one of it's functions in your understanding?

It's all in here about the way it operates:

http://british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/growth-loans/

Or if that's too complicated for you, here's a quote from Wikipedia:

The business bank mainly targets its assistance to companies with a turnover of up to £25m. The bank does not lend to SMEs directly, but instead works with other financial institutions to increase access to funding, such as by providing part-guarantees for loans.

There's more here about the Northern Powerhouse.  They have put some money in, but the majority is from other LEPs.

And the EU, embarrassingly...

http://british-business-bank.co.uk/ourpartners/northern-powerhouse-investment-fund/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: