The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 10:36:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117887 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Alastair Campbell: PM is wrong to hint that ‘God would have voted leave’
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Alastair Campbell: PM is wrong to hint that ‘God would have voted leave’  (Read 1166 times)
Mister Fantastic

« on: April 16, 2017, 09:18:45 am »

Even God's on our side.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/16/campbell-attacks-mays-easter-message-to-nation

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 01:07:51 pm »

If there WAS a God, he would have made sure we didn't join in the first place.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 01:12:30 pm »

If there WAS a God, he would have made sure we didn't join in the first place.

Touché Everso.  Grin

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Myky D

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 07:53:38 am »

This is why May is a moron and anyone who supports her is a fucking thick twat.

Is she doing God's work, then?

If so, did she then deliberately go against the will of her god when she campaigned to remain (Which she did, deliberately and after careful consideration)?

In which way was she completely wrong and thus unfit to hold office? In campaigning to remain and go against the will of her God, or in doing a complete U-turn on her own beliefs, thus rendering them completely untrustworthy and without any form of value, and instead obey the command of her God?

You will now want to respond 'Pffft!' or 'Hahahahaha!' with lots of smiley faces, as you don't understand most of the words I've used above, let alone the concepts to which they refer, and are only interested in pointing and laughing at da funy fings instead of actually being able to assess the situation and it's relative merits and demerits.

I think we've all had enough of 'experts'!
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 12:24:04 pm »

If so, did she then deliberately go against the will of her god when she campaigned to remain (Which she did, deliberately and after careful consideration)?

In which way was she completely wrong and thus unfit to hold office? In campaigning to remain and go against the will of her God, or in doing a complete U-turn on her own beliefs, thus rendering them completely untrustworthy and without any form of value, and instead obey the command of her God?

You will now want to respond 'Pffft!' or 'Hahahahaha!' with lots of smiley faces, as you don't understand most of the words I've used above, let alone the concepts to which they refer, and are only interested in pointing and laughing at da funy fings instead of actually being able to assess the situation and it's relative merits and demerits.

Pffft!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:33:55 pm by Mister Fantastic » Logged

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »

You.

Myky D

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 12:55:31 pm »

So very upset, and so very online.

Poor ikkle weepy Mr Snowflastic.

the usual suspects ruined it by attacking the poster

Pfffft!
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 01:05:36 pm »

Can everyone just stop blowing raspberries please? 

That IS what 'pffft' means, isn't it?  Smiley

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 01:17:12 pm »

Don't know Ken brought it to the forum.

Myky D

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 01:20:28 pm »

It's all we do here now - since Mr F entered into his private PM club, he made it clear he's not interested in debate.

No one here is going to change their minds on anything. It's just joyless insulting each other these days - it's part of the whole Brexit/Trump snowflakery - there is no interest in debate, as morons are entrenched in their views, and rather than interest in exploring the subject and reaching some form of informed conclusion, it's just shit-flinging by fucking idiots.

And yes I'm aware that irony might not be just an adjective.
Myky D

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 01:21:53 pm »

I use Pfft as that sound made from blowing through the lips in surpressed laughter - generally at something one shouldn't find funny/church giggles.

Not as a raspberry.

But I get that that's how it could be perceived.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 01:51:54 pm »

It's all we do here now - since Mr F entered into his private PM club, he made it clear he's not interested in debate.

No one here is going to change their minds on anything. It's just joyless insulting each other these days - it's part of the whole Brexit/Trump snowflakery - there is no interest in debate, as morons are entrenched in their views, and rather than interest in exploring the subject and reaching some form of informed conclusion, it's just shit-flinging by fucking idiots.

And yes I'm aware that irony might not be just an adjective.

Stop talking about yourself, you can get locked up for it. Can you imagine spending the rest of your days locked up with yourself without a rope?

Unless you're a 'says what he likes and likes what he says' type of a man.

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 02:34:41 pm »

I use Pfft as that sound made from blowing through the lips in surpressed laughter

Ah yes, I can see how it might be that. 

I'm never quite sure whether  Tongue is poking your tongue out, or a kind of euww smiley.

Myky D

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:13 pm »

I was talking with a woman at work recently; I feel an essay coming on regarding the use of emoji and numerals as shorthand in text. She was saying how her teenage kids regard it as actively rude to not use appropriate emoji at the end of each communication. They genuinely don't understand why they shouldn't sign off an email to a client regarding financial commitment with a smiley face/frowny face/wink or whatever.

Fascinating.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 02:44:06 pm »

I was talking with a woman at work recently; I feel an essay coming on regarding the use of emoji and numerals as shorthand in text. She was saying how her teenage kids regard it as actively rude to not use appropriate emoji at the end of each communication. They genuinely don't understand why they shouldn't sign off an email to a client regarding financial commitment with a smiley face/frowny face/wink or whatever.

Fascinating.

I don't see the harm in using emoji on, say, a forum, or FB, or emails to friends, but they have no place in professional correspondence certainly. 

I do find that using emoji on a forum can sometimes prevent an intended light- hearted comment being misunderstood.

ben wedge

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 03:02:02 pm »

I don't see the harm in using emoji on, say, a forum, or FB, or emails to friends, but they have no place in professional correspondence certainly. 

I do find that using emoji on a forum can sometimes prevent an intended light- hearted comment being misunderstood.

Do you?

Doesn't work for me :'(

Lone Ranger
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 03:06:34 pm »

Do you?

Doesn't work for me :'(

Cheesy

So I've noticed.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 03:14:45 pm »

Cheesy

So I've noticed.

animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: