The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 06:09:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Jo Maugham QC - the utter shambles of Brexit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jo Maugham QC - the utter shambles of Brexit  (Read 718 times)
Myky D

« on: April 09, 2017, 03:14:18 am »

On the First Day of Brexit, we jeopardised the safety of our own people by using security cooperation as a bargaining chip.
On the Second Day of Brexit we undermined the sovereignty of our Parliament by planning to give law making powers to an unelected Executive.
On the Third Day of Brexit we were warned by carmakers that Brexit was "the biggest threat in a generation."
On the Fourth Day of Brexit we learned that no one believed our computer systems could cope with us leaving the Customs Union.
On the Fifth Day of Brexit, and after sixty years of peace inside the EU, a former Tory Leader threatened to go to war with the Spanish.
On the Sixth Day of Brexit Spain accepted an independent Scotland could remain in the EU, rendering more likely the dissolution of the UK.
On the Seventh Day of Brexit, our PM finally admitted we could have no trade deal with our biggest export market before we leave the EU.
On the Eighth Day of Brexit, the European Parliament published its negotiating guidelines and proved German car-makers don't make EU policy.
On the Ninth Day of Brexit, we learned 'no deal' means a "distinct possibility" there will be no flights for a time between the UK and EU.
On the Tenth Day of Brexit, we learned the Remaning Member States weren't desperate for us to stay. They just want it over. 720 days to go.
On the Eleventh Day of Brexit one group of Leavers said another had betrayed the Leave vote. And proved the 52% had chosen different things.

Pffft!

Well done everyone!
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 04:15:43 am »

On the First Day of Brexit, we jeopardised the safety of our own people by using security cooperation as a bargaining chip.
On the Second Day of Brexit we undermined the sovereignty of our Parliament by planning to give law making powers to an unelected Executive.
On the Third Day of Brexit we were warned by carmakers that Brexit was "the biggest threat in a generation."
On the Fourth Day of Brexit we learned that no one believed our computer systems could cope with us leaving the Customs Union.
On the Fifth Day of Brexit, and after sixty years of peace inside the EU, a former Tory Leader threatened to go to war with the Spanish.
On the Sixth Day of Brexit Spain accepted an independent Scotland could remain in the EU, rendering more likely the dissolution of the UK.
On the Seventh Day of Brexit, our PM finally admitted we could have no trade deal with our biggest export market before we leave the EU.
On the Eighth Day of Brexit, the European Parliament published its negotiating guidelines and proved German car-makers don't make EU policy.
On the Ninth Day of Brexit, we learned 'no deal' means a "distinct possibility" there will be no flights for a time between the UK and EU.
On the Tenth Day of Brexit, we learned the Remaning Member States weren't desperate for us to stay. They just want it over. 720 days to go.
On the Eleventh Day of Brexit one group of Leavers said another had betrayed the Leave vote. And proved the 52% had chosen different things.

Pffft!

Well done everyone!

On the Twelfth Day of Brexit Myky the man-student started crying, best thing we ever did.

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Myky D

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 05:39:22 am »

On the Twelfth Day of Brexit Myky the man-student started crying, best thing we ever did.

Hahahaha - do the one about bullying again!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 05:48:01 am »

Anyone know what a 'man-student' is? I've asked the man-dunce several times, but never got an answer yet.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 09:46:04 am »

Hahahaha - do the one about bullying again!

Pftttt!

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
AnnieOakley
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 10:05:51 am »

....man-dunce....
Perfection.  Grin

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:19:48 pm »

Clapping seal.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »

Clapping seal.

It's sea lions that clap. No need to thank me.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 03:07:55 pm »

Myky D

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 06:49:29 pm »

But ... but you LIKE that everybody hates you ... !
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 04:06:20 pm »

But ... but you LIKE that everybody hates you ... !

Do actually.

A load of boring nerds and a man-student nerd hate me...sleep minutes lost = Zero.  animated laugh

Myky D

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 04:32:01 am »

Do actually.

A load of boring nerds and a man-student nerd hate me...sleep minutes lost = Zero.  animated laugh

Aww. You're like that dwarf in that medieval adventure film.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 10:52:41 am »

Do actually.

What does "man-student" mean?

Not telling us makes you even more boring than you were already, and even more boring than us boring nerds.

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 02:15:23 pm »

I AM NOT BORING!   Angry

But then again, if I am, I don't care anyway.  Cool

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »

I AM NOT BORING!   Angry

But then again, if I am, I don't care anyway.  Cool

Not you. Do you want me to prove it again.? I'm sending you another pic of me shirtless...enjoy. Kiss

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 02:24:37 pm »

Not you. Do you want me to prove it again.? I'm sending you another pic of me shirtless...enjoy. Kiss

No, please don't.  My eyes haven't been the same since that last time.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 02:32:15 pm »

No, please don't.  My eyes haven't been the same since that last time.

Oh, that one.

I admit a photo of a soon to be 50 year olds grey haired, saggy scrotum is probably not the sexiest way to impress a lady.

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 02:58:56 pm »

Oh, that one.

I admit a photo of a soon to be 50 year olds grey haired, saggy scrotum is probably not the sexiest way to impress a lady.

Cheesy

I mean 'tsk!'

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: