The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:46:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Shut up! Silly little man.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Shut up! Silly little man.  (Read 3995 times)
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2017, 05:53:43 am »

Genius . . .

"Trump's people tell a lie. Then another lie to cover it. Then two to cover those. 3, then 5, then 8. We call this the Fib-o-Nazi Sequence."

[Google Fibonacci.]

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2017, 04:52:58 am »

Iraqi Chocolate Cake.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2017, 09:22:50 am »

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2017, 09:50:39 am »

Macron is quite good looking.  And young enough to be my son!  Honestly, the things that go through my mind.  Good job his wife isn't around.

Grin

AnnieOakley
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2017, 10:00:26 am »

Dang, Ev.  You're a randy little thang.

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2017, 10:02:22 am »

Macron is quite good looking.  And young enough to be my son!  Honestly, the things that go through my mind.  Good job his wife isn't around.

Grin

My daughter is 40 next month, I'll be 70 three days later, Mrs YI 70 a couple of weeks earlier, and my son 42 (LtUaE) in July.

Do try to control your urges, Ev.

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2017, 11:38:44 am »

Dang, Ev.  You're a randy little thang.

Cheesy Cheesy

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2017, 11:38:57 am »

My daughter is 40 next month, I'll be 70 three days later, Mrs YI 70 a couple of weeks earlier, and my son 42 (LtUaE) in July.

Do try to control your urges, Ev.

Cheesy Cheesy

Myky D

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2017, 12:12:11 pm »

My mother was very upset when I reached my 40s.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2017, 03:01:07 am »

ben wedge

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2017, 02:15:11 pm »

My mother was very upset when I reached my 40s.

She wasn't the only one Grin Grin Grin Cheesy

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2017, 03:45:21 am »

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2017, 10:37:16 am »

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2017, 11:37:28 am »

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2017, 02:31:40 am »

Yes, I have voted. At 07:05. Anti-Tory, of course. This is our last chance to salvage anything from the steaming pile of Brexit.

Mr Angry

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2017, 03:51:08 am »

Yes, I have voted. At 07:05. Anti-Tory, of course. This is our last chance to salvage anything from the steaming pile of Brexit.
I'm just about to go.  I have a dilemma.  My Dad is 85 &  lethargic.  If I don't give him a lift to the polling station, he probably won't bother.  He will squander his right to vote, something I abhor.  If I give him a lift, he will vote Tory and cancel my vote, something I also abhor.  The question is, which do I abhor least?
I know what the moral thing to do is, of course, but the future of the country's at stake.  What if I give him a lift and the Tory wins by one?

You've got about 15 minutes.

Obey the rules
                        - Eric "Fleshwound" Heggarty
Mr Angry

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2017, 04:44:04 am »

Too late.  Democracy saved.  Nation doomed.

Obey the rules
                        - Eric "Fleshwound" Heggarty
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2017, 07:34:02 am »

Any chance your dad might be right?   Grin

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2017, 08:48:50 am »

Any chance your dad might be right?   Grin

In Scotland? Far Right.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2017, 09:43:48 am »

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2017, 10:58:55 am »

In Scotland? Far Right.

Grin

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2017, 10:21:07 am »

Nigel Farage has announced today he is planning to quit politics to become leader of UKIP, again. The UK Independence Party, also known as the Shit Kicking Idiotic Xenephobes Party by most observers, exceeded all expectations in yesterday’s General Election by not only spelling the name of their party correctly on ballot submissions and turning up on the right day but they also received several votes.

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2017, 10:32:55 am »

Seriously, though, does anyone actually believe everything Labour promised?  I mean, I know the youngsters did, but surely not anyone who's lived through a Labour government (or a Tory one, come to that)

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2017, 01:24:15 pm »

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2017, 01:45:45 pm »

Seriously, though, does anyone actually believe everything Labour promised?  I mean, I know the youngsters did, but surely not anyone who's lived through a Labour government (or a Tory one, come to that)

Strategically Corbyn played a blinder and got a perfect result. Seat share 57 short of the Tories but just allowing May to cobble up a coalition of uselessness. Corbyn needs a decent mandate, let's say 30 seat majority and in 8 months he will get one with the momentum he has created. The longer the busted flush May stays the better his chances. His new young demographic are intelligent but politically wet behind the ears. He has such a Godlike persona with the young that (if possible) he only needs to achieve a few of his promises, we all know he cannot deliver them all. This man is far more machiavellian than we gave him credit.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/livid-conservative-epic-theresa-may-rant-watch/

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: