The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 08:21:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117886 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Shut up! Silly little man.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Shut up! Silly little man.  (Read 3962 times)
Mister Fantastic

« on: February 06, 2017, 02:26:13 pm »

John Bercow has blocked “racist, sexist” Donald Trump from addressing parliament

Little Berkow to the Chinese President:
“Your Highness it is my privilege to welcome you here to our Parliament for this important stage of your state visit. Your presence here today is a welcome reminder of the many intimate ties that exist between our nations and our peoples”

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 02:32:24 pm by mister fantastic » Logged

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Myky D

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 02:35:33 pm »

What's the problem?

In your own words, in detail,  please.

Tee-hee-hee! Just trolling - I know you can't step up, you, er ... silly, little man.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 02:40:41 pm »

What's the problem?

In your own words, in detail,  please.

Tee-hee-hee! Just trolling - I know you can't step up, you, er ... silly, little man.

See his hypocrisy man-student.

Actually no, you're probably correct.

He's very good. I hope he remains at the forefront of revolutionary political speaking.

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Myky D

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 03:11:55 pm »

See his hypocrisy man-student.

What hypocrisy? Where?
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 03:15:12 pm »

John Bercow has blocked “racist, sexist” Donald Trump from addressing parliament

The Speaker can do that?  I'm surprised.  

drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 06:17:28 pm »

Thank god he can, 'eh?

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
What Larks

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 01:37:06 am »

I don't think he can, and he didn't.  He said he would be opposed to Trump addressing parliament, that's all.  Apparently he is allowed to voice a view on a matter like this.

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.”
― Dorothy Parker
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 05:34:17 am »

The office of The Speaker has been damaged, IMO, by this twerp.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 10:12:41 am »

The office of The Speaker has been damaged, IMO, by this twerp.

It's Bercow's house as well as The House. He actually lives there. If no Government politician is willing to stop Trump entering it, it's hardly surprising that he speaks up. Whether he should speak out or not is another question. Trump should never have been invited in the first place. Yet another blunder by Theresa.

According to The Crown, on Netflix, there is a precedent for cancelling a Presidential State Visit -- by Eisenhower. Because Churchill was ill. Maybe it's time the PM caught ebola, or grew a spine. Or suddenly discovers that the Queen will be visiting Russia that week.

With a bit of luck the Speaker of the House of Lords will say he supports Bercow.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 10:27:23 am »

He always seems a nasty piece of work to me.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 10:30:53 am »

He always seems a nasty piece of work to me.

Can't say he's very lovable. His wife's a pain in the arse as well.

Interesting Fact Department: Her arse is about at his eye-level. Make of that what you will.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 11:28:04 am »

Can't say he's very lovable. His wife's a pain in the arse as well.

Interesting Fact Department: Her arse is about at his eye-level. Make of that what you will.

They are awful.

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 01:26:19 pm »

Keep your enemies close. May gets it.

Myky D

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 01:42:28 pm »

I knew you weren't up to it.

Pffft.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 02:01:20 pm »

I knew you weren't up to it.

Pffft.

Sorry man-student, I'm too busy celebrating the results of the votes in parliament this evening. I'm trying to work out the percentages but my remedial maths is letting me down.

OK, got it.

MrF 100% win.
Man-student fucking obsolete.

WE'RE GETTING OUR COUNTRY BACK AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU OR YOUR PAPAS MONEY CAN DO ABOUT IT. INNIT BRO? animated laugh

Myky D

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 02:19:54 pm »

Sorry man-student, I'm too busy celebrating the results of the votes in parliament this evening. I'm trying to work out the percentages but my remedial maths is letting me down.

OK, got it.

MrF 100% win.
Man-student fucking obsolete.

WE'RE GETTING OUR COUNTRY BACK AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU OR YOUR PAPAS MONEY CAN DO ABOUT IT. INNIT BRO? animated laugh

Oh dear. Irony is what fences are to you, isn't it?
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 02:24:40 pm »

Oh dear. Irony is what fences are to you, isn't it?

You have but one purpose in life now man-student and that is to entertain me.

I'm only doing what you requested 'keeping you on your toes'.  Wink

Myky D

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 02:53:57 pm »

You have but one purpose in life now man-student and that is to entertain me.

I'm only doing what you requested 'keeping you on your toes'.  Wink

But you ain't,  though!  You're just being shit.

Not angry; disappointed.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 03:31:05 pm »

But you ain't,  though!  You're just being shit.

Not angry; disappointed.

Pffft.

ben wedge

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 04:39:00 pm »

It's Bercow's house as well as The House. He actually lives there. If no Government politician is willing to stop Trump entering it, it's hardly surprising that he speaks up. Whether he should speak out or not is another question. Trump should never have been invited in the first place. Yet another blunder by Theresa.

According to The Crown, on Netflix, there is a precedent for cancelling a Presidential State Visit -- by Eisenhower. Because Churchill was ill. Maybe it's time the PM caught ebola, or grew a spine. Or suddenly discovers that the Queen will be visiting Russia that week.

With a bit of luck the Speaker of the House of Lords will say he supports Bercow.

Why?

Ceausescu,Suharto,Mobuto, Jinping, GW Bush were imposed on HM. I suspect that she will not find Trump too much of a problem

The FACT is that, regardless of what we think of the man, he is POTUS -leader of the most powerful country in the world

Look not at the individual but at what he represents

I think that for May to NOT invite him would be a far worse blunder

Lone Ranger
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 05:47:23 pm »

Why?

Ceausescu,Suharto,Mobuto, Jinping, GW Bush were imposed on HM. I suspect that she will not find Trump too much of a problem

The FACT is that, regardless of what we think of the man, he is POTUS -leader of the most powerful country in the world

How much would it cost to have you keep him?

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
ben wedge

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 05:48:53 am »

How much would it cost to have you keep him?

I'm sure we could come to some arrangement - the problem is that he would still be POTUS

If you want him incommunicado the price would obviously be higher Wink

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 10:22:22 am »

Why?

Wee plops bum tits?

Lone Ranger
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 04:48:49 am »

Wee plops bum tits?

https://blog.shanesnow.com/donald-trump-and-the-definition-of-insanity-82ab6db008c4#.nh32fzpa2

ben wedge

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2017, 08:34:49 am »

Suharto - "Suharto of Indonesia, whose 32-year dictatorship was one of the most brutal and corrupt of the 20th century"

Mobuto - "According to Transparency International, Mobutu embezzled over US$5 billion from his country, ranking him as the third-most corrupt leader since 1984"

Dubya - do I need to say anything?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, unless you are suggesting that Trump is worse - if so, some evidence would be appreciated. He is doubtless a charlaton but the FACT remains that he was DEMOCRATICALLY elected to be the leader of the most powerful nation on earth. It would be ridiculous (and undiplomatic) to scorn him (and the American people who elected him)

Please indicate the grounds on which you wish to alienate the USA

Lone Ranger
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: