The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 04:59:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
119360 Posts in 5716 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Dutch Rosie
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Brexit -- UK leaving the European Union
| | | |-+  Jacob Rees-Mogg
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Jacob Rees-Mogg  (Read 2669 times)
ben wedge

« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2018, 01:29:13 pm »

Rosie: You've been away from GWD too long to appreciate the background of Ben's comments. For example, I have accused him of tilting at windmills many times.

I usually don't agree with Ben -- though he didn't vote for Brexit -- but I'm not sure accusing him of being three sheets to the wind and not multilingual is good for the Great World Debate.

Pleased that I have finally sorted out my vote

Can we settle for TWO sheets?

Lone Ranger
Dutch Rosie

« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2018, 01:29:38 pm »

Thank you. Ben. You are a gentleman.
Quelor

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2018, 01:52:10 pm »

Heck, I've posted while drinking before, and pretty sure I've accused others of doing the same.  Sometimes a stiff drink is (or was) needed here.  Cheesy  I don't think Rosie did anything beyond the pale.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:18:10 pm by Quelor » Logged

<o> \o/ <o> \o/ <o> \o/
TGK

Sex, Drugs and Sausage rolls.

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2018, 07:42:29 pm »

Clearly you didn't understand any of the exchanges: if it was a compliment, then Ben would be a Nazi sympathizer. if it was not, then it was irony, a cheap bit of fun with the German thing that Brits like to make, despite it being very stale after half a century. Believe me, I was married to a German and lived in the UK with him for a number of years.

Yeah.

So I clearly didn't understand any of the exchanges. But I am a Brit, so according to your logic I do like to make stale fun at Germans. There's an irony here that can't be lost on you.

I know I'm being pedantic, but that is condescending and offensive in the same breath.

I can't comment on you're experience here, but surely to god you can't hold me responsible for it, and given the grammatical nature of some of the arguments you've been involved in in the meantime, I'll take not understanding the exchanges.

EDIT: Just made a joke in another thread that pretty much negates this whole post. Totally worth it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:01:55 am by TGK » Logged
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2018, 03:39:42 am »

Heck, I've posted while drinking before, and pretty sure I've accused others of doing the same.  Sometimes a stiff drink is (or was) needed here.  Cheesy  I don't think Rosie did anything beyond the pale.

I agree, and the 'ze Kraut' nonsense is nothing more than a very common feature of endemic widespread English [sic] ignorance.  But Ben has just returned and I'd prefer to keep it that way. That's all.

You've posted while drinking! Why wasn't I told?! The all-time champion in that department was K-K-Kate. I think 'extravaganza' is the word.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: