The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 01:54:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  The Middle East
| | | |-+  IOC reprimands Egyptian who wouldn't shake Israeli's hand
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: IOC reprimands Egyptian who wouldn't shake Israeli's hand  (Read 2339 times)
Rasta

« on: August 15, 2016, 05:24:40 pm »

Great community responses to shit behavior. Prick.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/olympics/ioc-reprimands-egyptian-who-wouldnt-shake-israelis-hand/ar-BBvFezq?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=onepro&ocid=UP97DHP

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 01:26:04 am »

Olympic rule: Leave war at home
Emotional rule: There is lots of foul smell under the bridge
Fact: he wished to withdraw on the personal assumption (based on the Egyptian public sentiments) that normalizing relation with Israel is of higher risk than a hand shake
Fact: Coach forced him to participate ( an Egyptian government policy than an Olympic policy)
It is a stupid move not to handshake
It is also his right to handshake or not
The Industry is in full volume swing
The circle of "extremists Islamist", terrorists widens to include Olympians who don't handshake Israel
Used

A Light Weaver
Myky D

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 02:41:02 am »

drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 03:58:32 am »

If you can't play the sport according to the rules, then don't participate.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 04:07:25 am »

If you can't play the sport according to the rules, then don't participate.

He wished not but the Egyptian government (with a formal peace treaty with Israel contrary to the public sentiments) forced him to. He wished to make a personal statement against normalization of relation with Israel.

A Light Weaver
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 10:49:11 am »

He wished not but the Egyptian government (with a formal peace treaty with Israel contrary to the public sentiments) forced him to. He wished to make a personal statement against normalization of relation with Israel.

His 'personal statement against normalisation' should have been left behind at home.  Idiot.

Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 12:28:36 pm »

His 'personal statement against normalisation' should have been left behind at home.  Idiot.

At home his brothers are being battered, killed, tormented, athletics are denied movement, participation, humiliated at road blocks. The fact he refused a handshake is unbecoming but would one shake hands with one's  child killer, the way of life, killer, thief, while your brother is living under the rubbles?

Would you shake hand with your child's killer?
P.S. I don't wish to go too graphic for Olympic sensibility!

A Light Weaver
Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 12:47:17 pm »

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/08/israel-blocks-olympics-bound-palestinian-travel-160802202751580.html

A Light Weaver
Rasta

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 02:46:40 pm »

At home his brothers are being battered, killed, tormented, athletics are denied movement, participation, humiliated at road blocks. The fact he refused a handshake is unbecoming but would one shake hands with one's  child killer, the way of life, killer, thief, while your brother is living under the rubbles?

That doesn't look like Cairo.

Rasta

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 02:46:56 pm »

Pricks also.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 02:49:48 pm »

That doesn't look like Cairo.

Somewhere in Gaza, I dare say. He did say "his brothers". Pretty routine there.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 02:59:00 pm »

Wasn't that in retaliation for multitudes of rockets being fired into Israeli civilian areas?

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 03:56:55 pm »

Wasn't that in retaliation for multitudes of rockets being fired into Israeli civilian areas?

Proportionality is not one of your strong points; on other thought, you have no strong points.

A Light Weaver
Biss

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 04:02:20 pm »

Asshole got sent home by his own country too. The IOC just gave him a 'stern reprimand,' but the Egyptians told him it was PUFO time.

Haha. It would be even better if he, and he alone, was eaten by rabid terrorist dogs at the airport in Rio on the way home.

This is a great story. Pussy Egyptian judoka gets pwned by an Israeli, then cries about it on world TV, then gets sent home by his own country. It's kind of like if John Wayne told Donald Trump he's not a Real American.

Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 04:03:31 pm »

FIFA threatens to expel Israel over restrictions on Palestinians

http://www.jpost.com/Sports/Report-FIFA-threatens-to-expel-Israel-over-restrictions-on-Palestinians-347088

And you are speaking of a handshake? Israel does not allow the Palestinians to breathe.

A Light Weaver
Biss

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 04:08:00 pm »

I love it when Sidi gets trolled in his own threads.

Sarah Oh!

Josh Wong, a bloody hero

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 05:47:08 pm »

I think it's great that the Israeli athletes murdered by the PLA at the Munich Olympics were finally recognised in Rio.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 11:41:28 pm »

At home his brothers are being battered, killed, tormented, athletics are denied movement, participation, humiliated at road blocks. The fact he refused a handshake is unbecoming but would one shake hands with one's  child killer, the way of life, killer, thief, while your brother is living under the rubbles?

Suheil, he should have refused to compete.  Even if the Egyptian government wanted him to, if he felt so strongly then he should have refused.  

And, of course, I wouldn't shake hands with my child's killer!  I'd never put myself in the position of being in his/her company!  Ridiculous question.

Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 11:48:15 pm »

I think it's great that the Israeli athletes murdered by the PLA at the Munich Olympics were finally recognised in Rio.

Lots of gory details were written in the book of Palestinian pain since Munich to prevent a simple handshake by an Egyptian in Rio. The point here is that Israel will never be accepted in the Middle East regardless if it is recognized at Rio or not. Sadly the Palestinians-Israeli conflict is existential anymore and it seems (at least for now) the Palestinians are losing.

A Light Weaver
Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 12:02:17 am »

I love it when Sidi gets trolled in his own threads.

It is not my thread and I doubt that I can compete with the Industry's use of a simple handshake. Gaza shoah, is marginal in the main media compared to an Egyptian refusing to normalize relations with Israel?

A Light Weaver
Biss

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 12:22:59 am »

Lots of gory details were written in the book of Palestinian pain since Munich to prevent a simple handshake by an Egyptian in Rio. The point here is that Israel will never be accepted in the Middle East regardless if it is recognized at Rio or not. Sadly the Palestinians-Israeli conflict is existential anymore and it seems (at least for now) the Palestinians are losing.

If an Egyptian can punish an Israeli on behalf of a Palestinian, an Israeli can punish a Palestinian on behalf of a Pole.

Asshole.

Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:15 am »

If an Egyptian can punish an Israeli on behalf of a Palestinian, an Israeli can punish a Palestinian on behalf of a Pole.

Asshole.

Pan-Arab sucks in the eyes of a Zionist; live with it for within it lies the end of an Imperial scheme.

A Light Weaver
Biss

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 12:49:34 am »

Pan-Arab sucks in the eyes of a Zionist; live with it for within it lies the end of an Imperial scheme.

Pan-Arabism is imperialism.

You are a clown.

Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2016, 01:14:22 am »

Pan-Arabism is imperialism.

You are a clown.

And the point is Pan-Arab and geography make it too big for Israel to swallow. This is why Zionists are stuck on handshake to normalize relations with people who will never accept Israel's existence now or ever.
You got a taste in the Olympics, obviously rude, unbecoming but meaningful to those who understand meanings.

Israel is a cancerous Imperial entity in the Middle East, a new perception that has sadly erased the once accepted norm of the possibility of co-existence and peace.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:32:34 am by Suheil » Logged

A Light Weaver
Biss

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 01:33:07 am »

You'll have to stop killing each other first. I won't hold my breath.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: