The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 06:03:32 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117888 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  The Nasty Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: The Nasty Party  (Read 1413 times)
Mister Fantastic

« on: April 28, 2016, 03:21:02 pm »

I did tell you a few months ago that this party would entertain us so long as they keep Brother Corbyn  at the helm. Long may he reign. Grin

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/28/antisemitism-rocked-labour-self-belief

The wider lesson from Labour meanwhile, from what has been a dark and depressing week even by current standards, is that the trust of minorities is not given as of right to progressive parties but must be earned. For too long, Labour hasn’t done enough to deserve it.

I actually think the Prime Minister could go our and fuck a dead pig and he would still lead the Tories to victory...Oh! animated laugh
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:56:31 am by mister fantastic » Logged

Dr Taj Hargey, Chairman, Muslim Education Centre Oxford :
No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Larry Death

Whosoever holds this hammer

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 10:26:32 pm »

Er.... Reading that article it appears that Corbyn is tackling something that previous leaders ignored...

Good on him.

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 02:21:03 pm »

Er.... Reading that article it appears that Corbyn is tackling something that previous leaders ignored...

Good on him.

He's fucked! animated laugh

No, but... I've just mentioned that, we have a one vocabulary in private and we have another vocabulary for the public domain, and that's why you don't hear it because you're the public domain.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 02:37:12 am »

Jeremy Corbyn is to hold an independent inquiry into anti-Semitism and other forms of racism (i.e honkey hating) in the Labour Party.

The inquiry, led by well known Islamic terrorist sympathizer Shami Chakrabarti, former head of campaign group Liberty and IS, will consult with the Jewish community and other minority groups, Labour said.

Mr Corbyn will also propose a new "code of conduct" on racism at Labour's national executive committee in May. animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh

Mr Angry

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 02:52:45 am »

Read this https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/jamie-stern-weiner/jeremy-corbyn-hasn-t-got-antisemitism-problem-his-opponents-do and stop letting the mainstream media tell you what to think.
This whole row is one of the most effective smear campaigns of recent years.  I am finding it fascinating.  I know that Fanny for one will just take this as knee-jerk Labour defensiveness, he has expressed in the past his detailed "knowledge" of my politics and antecedents but let me make it clear that my interest in politics south of the border these days is confined to the process more than the result.  I am pleased to live somewhere where the dominant political party has achieved that position with no media support whatsoever.

Obey the rules
                        - Eric "Fleshwound" Heggarty
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 03:09:49 am »

Read this https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/jamie-stern-weiner/jeremy-corbyn-hasn-t-got-antisemitism-problem-his-opponents-do and stop letting the mainstream media tell you what to think.
This whole row is one of the most effective smear campaigns of recent years.  I am finding it fascinating.  I know that Fanny for one will just take this as knee-jerk Labour defensiveness, he has expressed in the past his detailed "knowledge" of my politics and antecedents but let me make it clear that my interest in politics south of the border these days is confined to the process more than the result.  I am pleased to live somewhere where the dominant political party has achieved that position with no media support whatsoever.

Stop posting bollocks.

Is Livingstone and the racist Muslim MP part of the smear. When are you lot going to accept responsibility for your own actions. For the last 10 years you have come on here spouting absolute nonsense. You're part of the 'I'd rather stick a rosette on a pig than a Tory' brigade. That makes all your political arguments totally invalid.
Come back when you have grown up! Smiley

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 03:10:40 am »

https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/jamie-stern-weiner/jeremy-corbyn-hasn-t-got-antisemitism-problem-his-opponents-do

animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh

Mangina! Grin

Mr Angry

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 03:27:03 am »

That kind of makes my point.  The more smileys, the more incisive your argument?  Is that how it works these days?

Obey the rules
                        - Eric "Fleshwound" Heggarty
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 04:35:16 am »

That kind of makes my point.  The more smileys, the more incisive your argument?  Is that how it works these days?
animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh x1,000000 Grin

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 04:52:20 am »

OK, so I have spent an hour looking at your forum in the vain hope it would be a balanced, unbiased news outlet. I have highlighted some articles on the front page. Now this is all well and good if we have articles that give the other sides of these story's but of course they don't. That is not allowed in the left media and any debate that argues against is promptly shut down. This is a leftist propaganda site that makes The Guardian look EDL apologists. My Grumpy, I will stick to mainstream thanks very much unless someone comes along and shows me a better alternative.

The multiple truths of the Labour antisemitism story

Adam Ramsay 29 April 2016

The fact that there is a smear campaign against Corbyn's Labour doesn't mean there isn't real antisemitism.

Open letter: standing with Palestine in the spirit of 'sumud'

Jeremy Corbyn, the future not the past

Paul Rogers 28 April 2016

Jeremy Corbyn hasn’t got an ‘antisemitism problem’. His opponents do.

Muslims in the media: a call to UK editors 

Hashi Mohamed 26 April 2016

The Tory 'remain' strategy is based on fear and selfishness

Diversity on TV: a discussion with Lenny Henry

OurBeeb Team 25 April 2016

New accusations of antisemitism thrown at the left are flimsy

Shifty antisemitism wars

Ben White 22 April 2016

Trumpism can’t last forever, right?

Simon Radford 18 April 2016

The Brexit lottery

Keith Sutherland 18 April 2016

UK Gypsies and Travellers take a stand against discrimination

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 08:18:34 am »

animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh animated laugh x1,000000 Grin

I'm afraid you have a exceeded your monthly smiley quota, F.  There will be a charge for every ten smilies used, or part thereof, until the end of the month.

Oh.  It's the 30th.

Grin

Red Herring

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 09:31:49 am »

This whole thing is not so much a storm in a teacup as a hurricane in a teaspoon.

Unbelievable.

Red
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 09:45:45 am »

This whole thing is not so much a storm in a teacup as a hurricane in a teaspoon.

Unbelievable.

Red

I agree. He should be allowed to say he doesn't like Jews, it's his position. Just as someone should be allowed they dislike Islam because it's absolutely stupid. If everyone were allowed to have opinions without being shouted down because society deems it unacceptable it would make voting for a political party a lot easier.

It's quite possible many Tory politicians dislike Muslim's and it's also most probable that all Muslim's dislike Jews. Let's get it all in the open!

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 09:45:57 am »

Unbelievable.

Red

STOP PRESS: A lot of people don't like the way Palestine and Palestinians get treated by the government of Israel.

Anti-semitic my arse. Do the exploiters accusers even know that Hebrew and Arabic are both semitic languages? Not to mention the peoples.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 09:51:53 am »

STOP PRESS: A lot of people don't like the way Palestine and Palestinians get treated by the government of Israel.

Anti-semitic my arse. Do the exploiters accusers even know that Hebrew and Arabic are both semitic languages? Not to mention the peoples.

Fixed Wink

STOP PRESS a lot of people don't like the way Jewish teenagers are slaughtered by Palestinian homicide bombers in nightclubs.

Islamaphobes my arse. Do the exploiters accusers even know that Hebrew and Arabic are both semitic languages? Not to mention the peoples.

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 09:58:45 am »

Fixed Wink

Whatever you say, MrF. Far too subtle for me.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Mister Fantastic

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 10:02:02 am »

Whatever you say, MrF. Far too subtle for me.

Whatever you say

Damn right!

Mister Fantastic

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 01:32:12 pm »

Keep digging, idiots. Grin

Jeremy Corbyn faced further calls for a tougher crackdown on antisemitism within Labour on Sunday after one of his allies dismissed the crisis as a “smear” against the party and its members.

Diane Abbott, the shadow international development secretary, dismissed claims that the party had a problem with antisemitism, provoking fresh criticism of the Labour leadership.

She suggested the problem was procedural and instead lay within Labour’s rules governing antisemitic and other racist comments, which she said would be corrected following a review of the party’s guidelines.

“Every single claim of antisemitism – I think 12 – has resulted in a suspension. Ken was suspended within hours. That is 12 allegations when 200,000 [new members] have joined the party,” Abbott said.

“It’s a smear to say that Labour has a problem with antisemitism. It is something like a smear against ordinary party members.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/01/diane-abbott-smear-labour-antisemitism-problem-andrew-marr

Biss

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 02:09:22 pm »

A lot of Jews are hated by your fetish pet peoples in Magnificent Headgear. Just thought you should know that.

Nice Che T-shirt, poseur.

Sarah Oh!

Josh Wong, a bloody hero

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 03:54:51 pm »

Actually, as a foreigner, I've always been aware of, and uncomfortable with, the anti-semitism that is pretty apparent in Britain.  It is from the old-fashioned right in its new incarnations, from some Muslim groups and those who court their votes with no conscience, and a part of the left who have never forgiven Israel for choosing the West instead of the USSR.  I don't really care if you want to shoot me down for this point of view:  it is quite clear to me, and has been for many years.  And yes, any moron can  understand the difference between criticism of Israel and anti-Semitism.  And yes, before you pick me up on the term "anti-Semitism" in its generally understood sense, I mean Jew hating.  I'm not Jewish, but I am very aware of Jew hating in Britain.
Larry Death

Whosoever holds this hammer

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 04:11:31 pm »

I agree it exists, but what is currently being smeared all over Labour is a nasty attack on Corbyn which is a complete falsehood designed purely to throw shit at him.

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
Sarah Oh!

Josh Wong, a bloody hero

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 04:20:33 pm »

I agree it exists, but what is currently being smeared all over Labour is a nasty attack on Corbyn which is a complete falsehood designed purely to throw shit at him.

I don't think Corbyn is guilty at all.  It's not in him, not his way at all.  I don't like him being smeared.  But unfortunately, there are some in the Labour movement who are either anti-semitic, or very careless with their words, and Corbyn needs to deal with it - which he is.  What Livingston said wasn't good, wasn't true, and wasn't factually correct, and really didn't help. Look it up.  And there is no justification for what others have said.  There IS a line between criticising the Israeli government and being anti-Jew, and I'm pretty clear where it is.

BTW: I use the term "anti-Jew" deliberately, because it's what I mean. It's stark, but so is racism.
Sarah Oh!

Josh Wong, a bloody hero

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 05:00:44 pm »

What is fucking hilarious is the focus of the UK press on racism in the US, when you have such problems in the UK.  Classic distraction methods.  Of course there are problems in the US - but why isn't your media, and why aren't you, more interested in what goes on in your own country?  It's mystifying. 
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2016, 05:37:05 am »

^^ That. ^^

Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2016, 05:40:17 am »

What is fucking hilarious is the focus of the UK press on racism in the US, when you have such problems in the UK.  Classic distraction methods.  Of course there are problems in the US - but why isn't your media, and why aren't you, more interested in what goes on in your own country?  It's mystifying. 

I might ask you why you make so many generalities about what Britons think.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: