The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:22:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118240 Posts in 5531 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Donald Trump is a vandal.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump is a vandal.  (Read 1419 times)
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2016, 05:05:12 am »

Saying I won't vote for Hillary and vote only for Sanders is symptomatic of a few generations taking for granted all of the enormous volume of benefits that are part of what our federal government provides. Go ahead, throw it all out.  And when you do and we regress rapidly towards a Haiti-like environment, thank only yourselves. The wealthy will just move to another location as they will have stripped what was left.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Weyland
Administrator

Thank you, Rafa!

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2016, 05:14:03 am »

Saying I won't vote for Hillary and vote only for Sanders is symptomatic of a few generations taking for granted all of the enormous volume of benefits that are part of what our federal government provides. Go ahead, throw it all out.  And when you do and we regress rapidly towards a Haiti-like environment, thank only yourselves. The wealthy will just move to another location as they will have stripped what was left.

Guess what -- it's just the same here, in fact we're probably ahead of you in the great race to the bottom.

"That is the key to history. Terrific energy is expended — civilizations
are built up — excellent institutions devised; but each time something
goes wrong. Some fatal flaw always brings the selfish and cruel people
to the top, and then it all slides back into misery and ruin. In fact,
the machine conks. It seems to start up all right and runs a few yards,
and then it breaks down.
" -- C.S. Lewis

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Biss

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2016, 07:23:47 am »

Saying I won't vote for Hillary and vote only for Sanders is symptomatic of a few generations taking for granted all of the enormous volume of benefits that are part of what our federal government provides. Go ahead, throw it all out.  And when you do and we regress rapidly towards a Haiti-like environment, thank only yourselves. The wealthy will just move to another location as they will have stripped what was left.

Your blind  fealty to Party means that party no longer needs to work for your vote, and can essentially abandon you. It should serve you, not the other way around.

Rasta

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2016, 09:09:53 am »

If Bernie became president BigPharma would continue to have their way. It's the way the system is rigged. And as long as people have food in their bellies, electronic distractions and a decent roof over their head, people are not going to risk those things to change the system.

"It'll be business as usual, regardless of who wins."

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
Dan

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2016, 10:19:59 am »

If Bernie became president BigPharma would continue to have their way. It's the way the system is rigged. And as long as people have food in their bellies, electronic distractions and a decent roof over their head, people are not going to risk those things to change the system.

The system isn't rigged.  Its doing exactly what it's supposed to do.  If people don't get up off their ass and do something about it then they really can't blame anyone else when it goes tits up.
drippinhun

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2016, 03:27:45 pm »

Your blind  fealty to Party means that party no longer needs to work for your vote, and can essentially abandon you. It should serve you, not the other way around.

I'm not a Democrat, just an extreme anti-Republican. I've seen the damage they have done.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Biss

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2016, 03:39:17 pm »

I have trouble reconciling this:

I'm not a Democrat, just an extreme anti-Republican.

with this:

I will vote in the general election for whoever the Democratic nominee is.

AnnieOakley

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2016, 03:42:54 pm »

I have trouble reconciling this:......

Okay, I'll bite.  Why?

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
drippinhun

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2016, 06:11:59 pm »

I have trouble reconciling this:

with this:

I'd consider Bloomberg if he threw his hat in the ring and I thought he'd have a really good chance to win. So, as it looks, I will be voting Democrat.

Biss

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2016, 08:28:54 pm »

I'd consider Bloomberg if he threw his hat in the ring and I thought he'd have a really good chance to win. So, as it looks, I will be voting Democrat.

Bloomberg wouldn't have a shot nationally. 'New York Jew' already has two strikes against him on the national stage.

Snotty

Science Fiction rules,you know it makes sense

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 04:37:40 pm »

https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=kronos+starring+jeff+morrow&sp=CAASAggA
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:45:01 pm by Snotty » Logged

Rasta

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 12:50:47 pm »

It'll be business as usual, regardless of who wins.

It'll be historic - we'll either have the first Jew, first Hispanic, first woman, or first billionaire POTUS.

I will be voting for Gary Johnson or writing in "Deez Nuts".

Well now I've gone and done it.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/fec-cracks-down-on-deez-nuts-3

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:26:02 pm by Rasta » Logged

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: