The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:17:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118204 Posts in 5527 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Supreme Court Rules: Gay Marriage now legal in all 50 states
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Supreme Court Rules: Gay Marriage now legal in all 50 states  (Read 12058 times)
Dan
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 8182



« on: June 26, 2015, 09:33:50 am »

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/26/politics/supreme-court-same-sex-marriage-ruling/index.html

I'm kinda shocked.  I never thought I'd see this actually happen nationwide.
Logged
Myky D
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 18093


« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:28:28 am »

Cats will be marrying dogs, next. We're going to hell in a handcart; you couldn't make it up.

I mean - what if I wanted to marry my son?!
Logged
Rasta
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7522



« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:43:55 am »

Cats will be marrying dogs, next. We're going to hell in a handcart; you couldn't make it up.

I mean - what if I wanted to marry my son?!

Exactly.

Activist judges forcing the homosexual agenda down our throats.

Well guess what mother effers - I don't swallow!!!!
Logged

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
Rubyrain
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 2773


Pluviophile


« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 12:09:49 pm »

Cats will be marrying dogs, next. We're going to hell in a handcart; you couldn't make it up.

I mean - what if I wanted to marry my son?!



You can, but I didn't know you lived in Alabama.

PS - Its a good Federal Law/ gay marriage.
Logged

Please neuter your pets & weird friends and relatives.
Weyland
Administrator
Hero Member
******
Posts: 22898


~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~


« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:16:00 pm »

You can, but I didn't know you lived in Alabama.

PS - Its a good Federal Law/ gay marriage.

Arkansas Foreplay: "You 'wake, sis?"
Logged

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Rasta
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 7522



« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 12:20:17 pm »


You can, but I didn't know you lived in Alabama.

PS - Its a good Federal Law/ gay marriage.

Aye.

Very good.
Logged

You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's soul
everso
Administrator
Hero Member
******
Posts: 14780


MR. PHILLIPS


« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 01:07:49 pm »

Exactly.

Activist judges forcing the homosexual agenda down our throats.

Well guess what mother effers - I don't swallow!!!!

 Cheesy Cheesy

Oh but  Tongue
Logged

drippinhun
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 13237


The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy


« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 01:28:21 pm »

I would love to hear Suheil's, "Love is Islam, May the White Imperialists die", take on gay marriage is now.
Logged

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
ymrader
Administrator
Hero Member
******
Posts: 55119



« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 01:30:22 pm »

That obama will be popular  Grin
Logged

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Dan
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 8182



« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 01:41:10 pm »

I want to be happy about this but I'm a little bit sad too.  I kinda feel like:  yay thanks for finally treating me like a human being. 
Logged
Weyland
Administrator
Hero Member
******
Posts: 22898


~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~


« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 01:52:33 pm »

I would love to hear Suheil's, "Love is Islam, May the White Imperialists die", take on gay marriage is now.

And yet, and yet, Jordan made homosexuality legal in 1951. UK, or at least England -- not until 1967. LINK.
Logged

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Mr. Ed
Guest
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 02:09:33 pm »

I want to be happy about this but I'm a little bit sad too.  I kinda feel like:  yay thanks for finally treating me like a human being. 
You will announce your engagement and a "save the date" on GWD, right Danno?

Seriously, does the SC decision affect your own decision to marry?
Logged
Rush Fan
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 5346



« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 02:11:11 pm »

Aye.

Very good.

I find the whole thing ridiculous, but I am a traditional american with traditional american values.

Not many left of us I take it. But you have to admire how the militant 2% got the courts to do their dirty work and foist this on the rest of the 98%.
Logged
Larry Death
Sr. Member
****
Posts: 1665


Whosoever holds this hammer


« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 02:14:37 pm »

I find the whole thing ridiculous, but I am a traditional american with traditional american values.

Not many left of us I take it. But you have to admire how the militant 2% got the courts to do their dirty work and foist this on the rest of the 98%.

Land of the free, eh?
Logged

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
drippinhun
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 13237


The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy


« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 02:19:23 pm »

I find the whole thing ridiculous, but I am a traditional american with traditional american values.

Not many left of us I take it. But you have to admire how the militant 2% got the courts to do their dirty work and foist this on the rest of the 98%.

Over 62% believed in the right for same sex couples to marry. It was your dinosaurus minority that were the dirty workers. No more.
Logged

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Dan
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 8182



« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 02:20:49 pm »

You will announce your engagement and a "save the date" on GWD, right Danno?

Seriously, does the SC decision affect your own decision to marry?

Not really because its been legal in Florida since last year. 
Logged
Dan
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 8182



« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 02:24:58 pm »

I find the whole thing ridiculous, but I am a traditional american with traditional american values.

Not many left of us I take it. But you have to admire how the militant 2% got the courts to do their dirty work and foist this on the rest of the 98%.

I know.  Its sad, there's no one left to segregate.  Conservatives are very upset about this.  They are running out of people to hate and without someone to hate, there's no conservative movement left.
Logged
drippinhun
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 13237


The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy


« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 02:25:57 pm »

Obamacare. Same sex marriages. I wonder what the uber wealthy are going to use now to frighten the dunderheads to vote for their candidates? Oh yeah. The evil/commie/socialist liberals are trying to take away their guns and save the fetus!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:13:00 pm by drippinhun » Logged

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Suheil
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 13408


A man from the east


« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 06:43:33 pm »

I would love to hear Suheil's, "Love is Islam, May the White Imperialists die", take on gay marriage is now.

I quote Jerusalem homosexual hairdresser George being in and out of jail for being open in being gay "It is my ass what has the government to do with it?"!
Logged

A Light Weaver
Suheil
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 13408


A man from the east


« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 07:02:24 pm »

I find the whole thing ridiculous, but I am a traditional american with traditional american values.

Not many left of us I take it. But you have to admire how the militant 2% got the courts to do their dirty work and foist this on the rest of the 98%.

I here-fore appoint you the US secretary of corks!
Logged

A Light Weaver
Biss
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 2310



« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 07:35:43 pm »

"As we celebrate today, let's spare a warm thought for our opponents, who have lost absolutely nothing."
Logged

Weyland
Administrator
Hero Member
******
Posts: 22898


~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~


« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 03:14:46 am »

I find the whole thing ridiculous, but I am a traditional american with traditional american values.

Not many left of us I take it. But you have to admire how the militant 2% got the courts to do their dirty work and foist this on the rest of the 98%.

Shocking state of affairs . . .

. . . But remind me -- what is it that those communist judges are foisting on you again?
Logged

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Myky D
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 18093


« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 03:51:41 am »

"As we celebrate today, let's spare a warm thought for our opponents, who have lost absolutely nothing."

Nice!
Logged
Aubrey
Full Member
***
Posts: 228



« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 07:09:59 am »

Shocking state of affairs . . .

. . . But remind me -- what is it that those communist judges are foisting on you again?

Can't you read? They have to get gay married now. It's the law.
Logged

"I laughed at the great God Pan."
Myky D
Hero Member
*****
Posts: 18093


« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 07:18:48 am »

I'm gay married, and so is my wife.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.114 seconds with 19 queries.