The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 10:37:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
117887 Posts in 5580 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  "Anonymous but credible"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Print
Author Topic: "Anonymous but credible"  (Read 31080 times)
Myky D

« on: December 09, 2014, 07:55:19 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30390392

RUN FOR THE HILLS!
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:07:49 am »

By Jove, sir, the Anglicans are restless today.

I warned them about the Coming of the Antichrist in 1974, but would they listen?!

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 08:40:18 am »

Hold on.  You think this isnt true?  

Myky D

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 08:48:27 am »

Hold on.  You think this isnt true? 

I've very skeptical - Hermann Goerring and all that.
Weyland
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 08:53:13 am »

Hold on.  You think this isnt true?  

I think it's true -- anyone can ring the police and threaten anything -- but I like a bit of intra-thread action to lighten the tone.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Larry Death

Whosoever holds this hammer

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:28 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1422243/Blair-sent-in-tanks-after-chilling-threat.html

Be scared, people... Hide in your houses and trust us to protect you.  Grant us the power to watch ever aspect of your frightened, little lives that we may keep you safe from harm.  You may not watch us, though.  The rules do not apply to your betters.

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 01:12:59 pm »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1422243/Blair-sent-in-tanks-after-chilling-threat.html

Be scared, people... Hide in your houses and trust us to protect you.  Grant us the power to watch ever aspect of your frightened, little lives that we may keep you safe from harm.  You may not watch us, though.  The rules do not apply to your betters.

Do you not think that sounds as paranoid, though?

Larry Death

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 02:05:21 pm »

Do you not think that sounds as paranoid, though?

How so?

It's absolutely true.  Ramp up the fear and tell us the only way to keep us safe is to let them read our emails and listen to our phone calls.  It's not to keep us safe.  It's because we are their enemy.

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 02:21:23 pm »

How so?

It's absolutely true.  Ramp up the fear and tell us the only way to keep us safe is to let them read our emails and listen to our phone calls.  It's not to keep us safe.  It's because we are their enemy.

How do you know it's true?

Larry Death

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 02:39:14 pm »

How do you know it's true?

Because it's what happens?

Twist in the frights so the morons clamour for more intrusion and handcuffs.  Look at the recent bullshit hoo-haa over lee rigby and Facebook.

Expect the Home Secretary telling us how more surveillance exposed this plot and even more would have caught them 4 months ago. 

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 02:55:10 pm »

Because it's what happens?

Twist in the frights so the morons clamour for more intrusion and handcuffs.  Look at the recent bullshit hoo-haa over lee rigby and Facebook.

Expect the Home Secretary telling us how more surveillance exposed this plot and even more would have caught them 4 months ago. 

So, what, you're all for a kind of laissez faire attitude towards terrorism? That we're not in any danger whatsoever?

Larry Death

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 03:00:00 pm »

So, what, you're all for a kind of laissez faire attitude towards terrorism? That we're not in any danger whatsoever?

A) yes.

B) not much, no.

everso

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 04:13:00 pm »

Wow.  Ok....

Myky D

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 03:16:43 am »

And again:

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders; that is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger"

- Hermann Goerring.
mikado

a Nineteenth Century pseudo-Oriental nightmare

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 07:46:09 am »

Wow.  Ok....

It's reported that terrorism kills as many people in the UK as bee stings, on average. 

No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 08:04:36 am »

It's reported that terrorism kills as many people in the UK as bee stings, on average. 

That's a frightening statistic for those who are deathly allergic to bee stings.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
ben wedge

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 09:59:57 am »

And again:

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders; that is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger"

- Hermann Goerring.

And again 'The Nazis are no threat to peace.

Lone Ranger
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 10:16:02 am »

Germany has credible terrorist threats, but you just dont see the hysterical media or government reaction. There was an arrest of 5 last week and a long imprisonment for an ISIS combatant. Barely made the news, fear and terrorism are way down on the average joe's list. Also Germany takes more immigrants and asylum seakers than anywhere else in europe and its services aren't creaking. why ?

You certainly don't get cctv and apr cameras on every street corner and every building fortified and machine gun toting policemen and barriers everywhere.

I lost count of how many cameras I saw in London

The UK needs a serious reality check.

I live beside the district which housed the russian military intelligence and round the block from the Stasi prison. I don't think that Germany wants that kind of shit anymore.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
ben wedge

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 10:23:17 am »

Germany has credible terrorist threats, but you just dont see the hysterical media or government reaction. There was an arrest of 5 last week and a long imprisonment for an ISIS combatant. Barely made the news, fear and terrorism are way down on the average joe's list. Also Germany takes more immigrants and asylum seakers than anywhere else in europe and its services aren't creaking. why ?

You certainly don't get cctv and apr cameras on every street corner and every building fortified and machine gun toting policemen and barriers everywhere.

I live beside the district which housed the russian military intelligence and round the block from the Stasi prison. I don't think that Germany wants that kind of shit anymore.

Mmmm. there's no answer to that

I would point out, though, that the German police are routinely armed, the British police are not.

I don't think that having a few armed police in strategic places is going OTT.....and by the way the HK carried by the British police is NOT a 'machine gun' it is a single shot semi-automatic carbine

ben
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:31:01 am by ben wedge » Logged

Lone Ranger
ben wedge

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 11:06:34 am »

The term Ãœberfremdung is never seen in your media or discuused by Germans then?

ben

Lone Ranger
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2014, 01:58:17 am »

The term Ãœberfremdung is never seen in your media or discuused by Germans then?

ben

Ben in my town people ask where they can drop presents for the asylum seekers. They are also invited to watch the local football team for free

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Myky D

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2014, 03:36:06 am »

And again 'The Nazis are no threat to peace.

Yes they were and you know it. You are playing straight into their hands. Frightened of the muslims, you will willingly allow the government to put a camera I  your bedroom, read all your emails and go through your internet search history if they think it will make you safer, because you are the epitome of A Good Citizen, and you have nothing to hide. Everyone should be like you.

Just hope that once those structures are in place, that one of our future governments doesn't decide that ex-policemen are the enemy. Or people called Benetta. Or anyone related to or associated with them.

Because you've done nothing wrong,  right? Like the muslims. Only it's different for them because their skin is darker, and they smell of curry. And that bloody language! I mean, it's gibberish innit? I mean don't get me wrong I ain't not no racist or nothing, but they shouldn't be here in the first place, we should keep England for the English - BAN THE JE ... MUSLIMS! MUSLIMS FORBIDDEN! ONE COUNTRY! ONE PEOPLE!  ONE LEADER!
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2014, 04:22:43 am »

Mmmm. there's no answer to that

I would point out, though, that the German police are routinely armed, the British police are not.

I don't think that having a few armed police in strategic places is going OTT.....and by the way the HK carried by the British police is NOT a 'machine gun' it is a single shot semi-automatic carbine

ben

Yes german rozzers have pistols, you don't see anything else, not at airports, not at government buildings. I can walk up and touch the Reichstag here uninpeded.

Try doing that at the seat of UK democracy.

Oh and a fuck load of germans are armed and there is still no need for quasi paramilitary rozzers strutting the streets.

a HK is a big fuck off gun regardless of how pedantic you want to be.

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Myky D

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2014, 04:33:16 am »

The Reichstag is wonderful.
Larry Death

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2014, 05:51:13 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30423481

Spread the fear, bury the truth...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: