The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:15:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118204 Posts in 5527 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Juden Verboten II
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Juden Verboten II  (Read 17071 times)
Myky D

« on: August 08, 2014, 11:44:56 am »

A rather more sinister fashion among the trendies returning from their amaaayzing gap years - anti-semitism:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/07/antisemitism-rise-europe-worst-since-nazis?CMP=fb_gu
drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 11:56:32 am »

In large part, barbarity of Israel towards Palestinians is breeding this dangerous stupidity.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 12:03:38 pm »

In large part, barbarity of Israel towards Palestinians is breeding this dangerous stupidity.

Seems bleeding obvious, doesn't it.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Purkoy

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 01:42:43 pm »

I think there may also be a sense that, disregarding for the moment the merits and otherwise of each side, of all people, the Israelis should understand what it is to be 'stateless' and driven from their homes, so often to death.

Purkoy
AnnieOakley

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 02:38:33 pm »

I hear ya.  For a bunch of folks whose motto is "Never forget"...well, you know.

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
vanceen

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 04:50:33 pm »

I like the quote from the French PM: "To attack a Jew because he is a Jew is to attack France."
Rush Fan

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 06:48:04 pm »

You're morally confused.
Rush Fan

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 06:48:41 pm »

That goes for you too.
Rush Fan

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 07:05:43 pm »

What 'barbarity' is that?

Defending yourselves from genocidal maniacs bent on your destruction?
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 03:13:52 am »

You're morally confused.

What does my thinking that Israel's treatment of Gaza might cultivate anti-Semitism have to do with morals?

One of us is certainly confused, and it ain't me.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
Red Herring

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 04:55:08 am »

A rather more sinister fashion among the trendies returning from their amaaayzing gap years - anti-semitism

Blimey, that chip on your shoulder gets heavier every day.

What on earth does the article in your OP have to do with people taking gap years?

Red
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 05:02:23 am »

Blimey, that chip on your shoulder gets heavier every day.

What on earth does the article in your OP have to do with people taking gap years?

Red

I dare say he might mean the bozos brave freedom-fighters from Birmingham who go to the ME to do some killing their bit.

Red Herring

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 05:39:44 am »

Huh?

That would make even less sense. They're not volunteering to fight in the Israel/Palestine conflict, but the Syrian civil war.

Red
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 06:06:46 am »

Huh?

That would make even less sense. They're not volunteering to fight in the Israel/Palestine conflict, but the Syrian civil war.

Red

Yes, I know, but they are bozos, after all.

Otherwise I don't know what he meant.

Sarah Oh!

Josh Wong, a bloody hero

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 07:05:11 am »

Partly, no doubt. But even an intellectual Pygmy should wonder what a Jew in France has to do with Gaza.
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 07:18:50 am »

Partly, no doubt. But even an intellectual Pygmy should wonder what a Jew in France has to do with Gaza.

I dare say the anti-Semitic intellectual Pygmies who commit this stuff don't care where or who Jews are. They just hate Jews, full stop.

Sarah Oh!

Josh Wong, a bloody hero

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 07:35:52 am »

I dare say the anti-Semitic intellectual Pygmies who commit this stuff don't care where or who Jews are. They just hate Jews, full stop.

Quite. Perhaps they went to the same rocket science schools as people who burn down mosques in Bradford in revenge for 9/11.

There's no shortage of hatred and stupid around.
Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 07:36:23 am »

If you mean of "who commit this stuff" the demonstrations against what Israel are doing in Gaza the red card is being raised.  I doubt that the outcry against the Israeli burning in Gaza has anything to do with Jews or Antisemitism but a deplorable war crime against the Palestinians.  

A Light Weaver
Myky D

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 08:03:41 am »

Maybe the Palestinians should stop firing rockets at Israel.

Just a thought.
Myky D

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2014, 08:04:37 am »

I dare say he might mean the bozos brave freedom-fighters from Birmingham who go to the ME to do some killing their bit.

*finger guns*
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 08:18:40 am »

If you mean of "who commit this stuff" the demonstrations against what Israel are doing in Gaza the red card is being raised.  I doubt that the outcry against the Israeli burning in Gaza has anything to do with Jews or Antisemitism but a deplorable war crime against the Palestinians.  

Off topic. This thread is about anti-Semitism, not anti-Israelism.

See the first post.

Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2014, 09:23:49 am »

Maybe the Palestinians should stop firing rockets at Israel.

Just a thought.

Blockade is a keyword here but you are not into what the Palestinians as human need.

A Light Weaver
Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2014, 09:43:49 am »

Off topic. This thread is about anti-Semitism, not anti-Israelism.

See the first post.

Across Europe, the conflict in Gaza is breathing new life into some very old, and very ugly, demons.

There seems to be connection in the article about the Palestinian pain and the Jewish pain; I am only pointing to the fact.

A Light Weaver
vanceen

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2014, 09:57:16 am »

Destroying shops because the owner happens to be Jewish and burning synagogues is not political expression.
Suheil

A man from the east

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 10:13:42 am »

Destroying shops because the owner happens to be Jewish and burning synagogues is not political expression.

I agree that violence in Gaza does not justify attacks in another place/s but the rise and the motivation for the attacks is anti-Israeli than anti-Semite or anti-Jews. The demonstrations in Europe is in sympathy with the Palestinians and a condemnation of unwarranted killing of civilians mostly woman and children than hate crimes against Jews.   

A Light Weaver
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: