The Great World Debate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 10:20:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
R.I.P Nick. OLF died 13 October 2016.
118204 Posts in 5527 Topics by 86 Members
Latest Member: Aubrey
* Home Help Login Register
+  The Great World Debate
|-+  The Chamber
| |-+  The Comfy Chair of Conversation
| | |-+  Fending off unwanted attention....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Fending off unwanted attention....  (Read 23797 times)
ninja

« on: April 16, 2014, 02:01:51 am »

...without offending them.

The back story.

A couple of xmas parties ago, a work colleague came up to me and said "I would", smiled and moved away. I didn't think anything of it. Laughed and put it down to drink - it was a free bar.

Last night we finished work early and myself and another female colleague went for a quick drink. As I pulled up outside a shop next to the bar. The male colleague was getting out of his car. I asked him if he was coming for a drink and would he like to join us. He just said he was going to the shop. I said bye and went into the bar.
When I got home I had my dinner and went online. On fb, I had several messages from him. Apologising for being rude. For me to tell him when I go for a drink again and he'd definitely join us. He mentioned a couple of works outings - going dog racing, another  colleagues 40th birthday party, wanting to know if I was going. He mentioned this Saturday, we both have to work (Easter weekend too :-( ) and how he was really looking forward to it - no one looks forward to working Saturday mornings. They're boring and tedious with only 2 people on site - alone.

I'm trying really hard to carry on being jokey and friendly, but without encouraging anything else. But it's hard.

Has anyone else had this problem? BTW, me and this guy joined the company at the same time and had to go on induction courses together 7 years ago. I've never thought of him in that way at all.

Yes, I will see your passive-aggresive condescending sarcasm and I will raise you, one finger.
ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 03:33:46 am »

Yeah I just use a big stick.....

I used to work with an irish lass, she came up to me one day and said 'here, isn't it about time we had sex?'  Shocked

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 03:36:36 am »

I used to work with an irish lass, she came up to me one day and said 'here, isn't it about time we had sex?'  Shocked

Bloody Leprechauns.

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
ninja

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 05:49:55 am »

Lol...well this guy hasn't been as blunt as that. I'm a bit concerned he might be with a bit of alcohol in him when we go to some work do's that are planned over the next few weekends.

Yes, I will see your passive-aggresive condescending sarcasm and I will raise you, one finger.
Riotgrrl

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 06:21:20 am »

Engage him a discussion about stretchmarks, piles and vaginal wall looseness post-birth.   

(I know there's no such thing as the vaginal wall thing, but he might not.  And after all, some women do get prolapses, so you could hint hugely that this was an issue for you.  With associated bowel and bladder incontinence.)

This might reduce his sexual desire.

K-K-Kate

Didn't it rain?

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:23:09 pm »

Fending off anythhing short of physical assault is a no-brfainer, Ninja.  Just play it perfectly straight and ignore any innuendos, double or otherwise.  Always works for me and I've had tons of attention I didn't welcome.

To live is so startling, it leaves little time for anything else. ~ Emily Dickinson
Stoner McStonedface

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 02:40:34 pm »

Suggest that you meet up for a few drinks and then go dogging together...he'll either run a mile or, if he doesn't, then at least it'll give us all a laugh when you explain how you tried to talk your way out of that one  Grin

Link - Be who you want to be, not what you're told you need to be

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed by El Robbo on GWD do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of El Robbo
ninja

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 05:32:53 pm »

I'm wondering if it was all in my head. He stayed well away from me today as hasn't said a word.

I've probably just read into something that wasn't there. I suppose I shall find out for sure on Saturday. But I'm feeling more relaxed than I was.

drippinhun

The good old U.S. - living in a kakistocracy

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 05:41:16 pm »

I'm wondering if it was all in my head. He stayed well away from me today as hasn't said a word.

I've probably just read into something that wasn't there. I suppose I shall find out for sure on Saturday. But I'm feeling more relaxed than I was.

Psychological strategy. It's a guy trick. He now is trying to get you to approach him.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

Trump drains swamp and installs open-air septic tank.
mikado

a Nineteenth Century pseudo-Oriental nightmare

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 07:57:22 am »

I'm trying really hard to carry on being jokey and friendly, but without encouraging anything else. But it's hard.

Try talking about your family a lot, especially your husband?

If that doesn't work, try talking about how jealous your husband is, and his previous convictions for ABH.

No fear, no hate, no pain, no broken hearts
ninja

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 03:20:13 pm »

Psychological strategy. It's a guy trick. He now is trying to get you to approach him.

Another shift with no talking or contact. Maybe he too thinks he might have been a little forward and is steering clear till Saturday shift.

drippinhun

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 06:13:14 pm »

Another shift with no talking or contact. Maybe he too thinks he might have been a little forward and is steering clear till Saturday shift.

Never think men have noble intentions.

"Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds the criticsms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed." Herman Melville.

AnnieOakley

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 07:05:42 pm »

Aye.

"A man ain't nothin' but a two-legged dog." --Rick Estrin

The dogs bark, the caravan passes.

You meet the same people on the way up as you do on the way down.
ninja

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 03:14:23 am »

Never think men have noble intentions.

I'm sure if I or Riot had said such a thing, we would have been blasted for the comment.

Not all men think with their Dick...do they?

ymrader
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 03:21:24 am »

I'm sure if I or Riot had said such a thing, we would have been blasted for the comment.

nah

Forgotten where mine is

Alte Dame, Alte Dame
Hertha BSC, so schön ist dein Name!
Die Farben Blau-Weiß,
die Trikots gestreift,
im Herzen weht nur eins:
Unsere Fahne!
drippinhun

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 05:15:01 am »

Only almost 9 out of ten times. Want to play them odds?

everso
Administrator

MR. PHILLIPS

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 05:30:30 am »

I have a great husband, but I'd agree with Drip.  Cheesy

drippinhun

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 07:53:35 am »

I have a great husband, but I'd agree with Drip.  Cheesy

I am also great, and a keen observer.

K-K-Kate

Didn't it rain?

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 08:23:25 am »

Oh shucks, all men are great even when sometimes thinking with their dicks. Face it, we'd none of us be here if that didn't happen.

What you need to remember, Ninj, is that sometimes women do too. And dress your thoughts, words, and deeds appropriately.

To live is so startling, it leaves little time for anything else. ~ Emily Dickinson
ninja

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 01:12:29 pm »

nah

Forgotten where mine is

animated laugh

ninja

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 01:24:14 pm »

Oh shucks, all men are great even when sometimes thinking with their dicks. Face it, we'd none of us be here if that didn't happen.

What you need to remember, Ninj, is that sometimes women do too. And dress your thoughts, words, and deeds appropriately

I'm not sure I understand your meaning with that last sentence?

Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:32 pm »

Sorry, I didn't mean to be mysterious.  Just noting that it takes two to tango and you've been nurturing this fantasy for a week.  Thinking about Saturday, watching closely this guy's moves at work during the week.  You could instead be keeping your mind on your work, enjoying all your co-workers' company, as well as that of your husband and children, and even engaging in debate on other threads here at GWD.

I'm not judging you, Ninj.  God knows, gurrlls gotta have fun too.  But 'tis best enjoyed, and safer, I might add, if you know whatchyerdoin.

Are you doing this sort of personal abuse posting because someone bet you you wouldn't, K? If not, why?

"Theresa May’s determination to pursue hard Brexit = stepping off a 10m diving board without checking there is any water in the pool."
First-Time-Ever Department: The UK is negotiating with the rest of the EU in order to secure a worse trade deal than we already have.
K-K-Kate

Didn't it rain?

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 05:20:53 pm »

Are you doing this sort of personal abuse posting because someone bet you you wouldn't, K? If not, why?
I truly see no personal abuse here, Wey.  Ninj asked for advice and kept on asking.

I provided excellent advice.  At no charge, I might add.

K-K-Kate

Didn't it rain?

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 05:25:28 pm »

Yeah, that's what I thought you was insinuating, as ive witnessed your bitchy posting style on here often enough. But I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and let a few other members, who are maybe not aware of your bitch streak, to bear witness to it.

Now if you don't mind, you can climb back on your broom stick, leave Toto where he is and fuck off back to your flying monkeys, before I or someone else, finds a bucket of water with your name on it!

Oooooeeeewww!  That was charming, Ninj.  Not exactly Paris and this sure isn't Casa Blanca, but nevertheless (as Kate Hepburn might say), I'll always have this to remember you by.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:32:22 pm by K-K-Kate » Logged

Weyland
Administrator

~~ Thank you, Rafa! ~~

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 04:15:15 am »

I truly see no personal abuse here, Wey.  Ninj asked for advice and kept on asking.

I provided excellent advice.  At no charge, I might add.

animated laugh     animated laugh
     animated laugh

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 05:02:31 am by Weyland » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: